• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Zach

The Zach beaters on my hands and feet are good enough, as you will see soon enough.
You're in, like, the #6-ranked tag team in the GWF, duuude. You gotta work over some cans on GWF Saturday Night before you can even address the Huggerz, brother.

Zach

True story: I've only had relations with four ladies in my life, they were all long-term relationships, and I'm still on good terms with each of them.

I'm not taking any questions at this time about the OwensIsNow's mom allegations. Thank you and goodnight.

Hex

Banned
You're in, like, the #6-ranked tag team in the GWF, duuude. You gotta work over some cans on GWF Saturday Night before you can even address the Huggerz, brother.

It would be a shame if some of those tag teams all of the sudden can't compete niñito..and what happens to them is on you.

tumblr_otrtnn2fbC1s05wxzo2_400.gif

Pikma

Banned
Asuka burying the division only to have Ember Moon be the only one to possibly beat her was a mistake. They've done a poor job of building Ember Moon.
It's not about how they build her up, it's about Ember having the charisma of a dead fish

Hex

Banned
Asuka burying the division only to have Ember Moon be the only one to possibly beat her was a mistake. They've done a poor job of building Ember Moon.

Agreed.
They should have pulled the plug on super human Asuka a while back and started having matches be alot closer with people like Cross and others as well as Moon.
She is obviously not going to go on a long smash streak on the main roster.

My honest fear about Asuka on the main roster is that she is going to injure someone, and it will not be her fault but that it is held against her.

The decisions made with Ember have been perfectly fine. She just doesn't have the promo ability to carry those decisions.

But, despite that, she's super over and can go in the ring, so she's still the best choice of the available options to beat Asuka.

Agreed.
They should have pulled the plug on super human Asuka a while back and started having matches be alot closer with people like Cross and others as well as Moon.
She is obviously not going to go on a long smash streak on the main roster.

My honest fear about Asuka on the main roster is that she is going to injure someone, and it will not be her fault but that it is held against her.
Nia will headdrop her and she will be forced to decapitate her with kicks and fighting spirit

The decisions made with Ember have been perfectly fine. She just doesn't have the promo ability to carry those decisions.

But, despite that, she's super over and can go in the ring, so she's still the best choice of the available options to beat Asuka.

Yeah she's over so they should continue with her push but she's my pick for next NXT call up failure because her promos will be the end of her on the main roster

I do disagree that Asuka has buried Cross. She gave her a lot in the Last Woman Standing match. Like a whole lot.

Yeah she's over so they should continue with her push but she's my pick for next NXT call up failure because her promos will be the end of her on the main roster

She is a worse promo than him, but I can see her getting over on the main roster for some of the same reasons Finn has gotten over.

I do disagree that Asuka has buried Cross. She gave her a lot in the Last Woman Standing match. Like a whole lot.

She is a worse promo than him, but I can see her getting over for some of the same reasons Finn has gotten over.

I can't.

Balor is a mediocre promo Ember makes Bayley look like Ric Flair on the mic.

Foggy

Ember Moon has appeared on a grand total of two NXT Takeovers, one in a squash match and the other against Asuka. Not exactly a great showcase for the supposed heir apparent.

Apropos of NXT, their setup tonight in LA is unfortunate

That would be hokey writing even for WWE. Why do you need it so laid out for you?

Given that the story is all their matches have been weird with fuck finishes and Shane is supposed to be the guy that is going to prevent a fuck finish... having a clip of him personally responsible for a huge fuck finish in your back pocket makes sense.

It made a ton of sense. Plus Owens baited him to distance himself from his Dad by bringing up Montreal and SS 97. So Owens would know from there that he could probably control to conversation to give him a chance to run the clip

It made a huge amount of sense on the context of Shane and the question of the likelihood of him being impartial

Eh, just didn't buy it. Shane has been a face since his return, what, 3 years ago and going. No one had in the back of their head that this feud would be cause for Shane to turn heel. There was no reason to even suggest it.

To be clear, KO framed it as 'careful now, remember what he did 19 years ago?!' during a time and incident that had nothing to do with either KO or AJ. It was so random.

Eh, just didn't buy it. Shane has been a face since his return, what, 3 years ago and going. No one had in the back of their head that this feud would be cause for Shane to turn heel. There was no reason to even suggest it.

Umm

Owens is a dick heel. That's why pulled the footage. To be an asshole.

Ember Moon has appeared on a grand total of two NXT Takeovers, one in a squash match and the other against Asuka. Not exactly a great showcase for the supposed heir apparent.

Apropos of NXT, their setup tonight in LA is unfortunate

There have only been five Takeovers since she debuted. She was on two of them, and would have been on a third if not for an injury. The injury derailed her. This would have been her third straight Takeover.

That's kind of out of everyone's control. No blame there.

I can't.

Balor is a mediocre promo Ember makes Bayley look like Ric Flair on the mic.

Dude main roster crowds are superficial as fuck. She's got a cool entrance (relative to others) and a cool finishing move. And they are going to push her. Usually those types of people get over.

Foggy

There have only been five Takeovers since she debuted. She was on two of them, and would have been on a third if not for an injury. The injury derailed her. This would have been her third straight Takeover.

That's kind of out of everyone's control. No blame there.

There's no good reason she couldn't have been on those other two shows. None at all. Fact is they dropped the ball when they didn't need to.

Umm

Owens is a dick heel. That's why pulled the footage. To be an asshole.

To whom? To AJ? Why would AJ give a shit that Shane flipped and screwed Stone Cold over? He wouldn't and shouldn't . Didn't concern him.

To Shane? Why would he want to be an asshole to the referee he just accused of being impartial? Eager to get screwed?

There's no good reason she couldn't have been on those other two shows. None at all. Fact is they dropped the ball when they didn't need to.

Takeovers are usually hard-capped at five or so matches. And Ember wasn't the focus of the division in Toronto or San Antonio. There was no need for her to be on those shows. A superficial squash against someone on those cards would have meant nothing in the long-term.

Like what would it have changed? It wouldn't have improved her promo ability or character work. And it wouldn't have helped her get more over, as she's already more over than most of the NXT roster.

To whom? To AJ? Why would AJ give a shit that Shane flipped and screwed Stone Cold over? He wouldn't and shouldn't . Didn't concern him.

To Shane? Why would he want to be an asshole to the referee he just accused of being impartial? Eager to get screwed?

To AJ because he was sewing seeds of maybe Shane will screw AJ.

It shows that he's had a history of being bias and AJ killed him in a parking lot blindside attack and then beat him in a match. Sure Shane it is all good but look he also said he was with Austin in 98 and look what happened so are you sure?

It's asshole mind games and a fun excuse to use old footage for continuity.

Honestly you're trying too hard to find this illogical.

http://shop.wwe.com/alexa-bliss/

Btw I'd say Bliss is moving a lot of merch given how much they've made for her in the year she's been on the main roster.

Remember when she had nothing when she first was SD women's champion?

Now look at that stuff.

She's got 10 tees and tank designs now.

Crazy shit.

She was also the most over woman in Raw and all she did was make an entrances for guest commentary spots

Foggy

Takeovers are usually hard-capped at five or so matches. And Ember wasn't the focus of the division in Toronto or San Antonio. There was no need for her to be on those shows. A superficial squash against someone on those cards would have meant nothing in the long-term.

Like what would it have changed? It wouldn't have improved her promo ability or character work. And it wouldn't have helped her get more over, as she's already more over than most of the NXT roster.

There's no good reason for the hard cap, there never has and never will. Extend your show 15 minutes, who cares, it's your own damn network. They don't even need to be squash matches, just a match to show to your widest possible audience why the person who ends Asuka's streak is her. Basic booking isn't supposed to be this hard.

I'm not even saying this was the crippling blow to her booking, but it is part of the larger issue. When the supposed end of one of the longest streaks of any kind in the company is a result of "ok I guess she's going up to the main roster", then people have fucked up. The booking as well as Moon herself share the blame.

Syder

http://shop.wwe.com/alexa-bliss/

Btw I'd say Bliss is moving a lot of merch given how much they've made for her in the year she's been on the main roster.

Remember when she had nothing when she first was SD women's champion?

Now look at that stuff.

She's got 10 tees and tank designs now.

Crazy shit.

She was also the most over woman in Raw and all she did was make an entrances for guest commentary spots
I think the reason for her merch selling well is fairly obvious.

Alexa is like the one woman on the main roster who's been booked consistently strong and hasn't had anything dumb or affecting happening to her. I say good on her for managing to avoid that curse (usually because like with Bayley, she's on the delivering half of the stuff which ruins someone).

giphy.gif

Syder

Yep she's the promo workhorse of the division and one of the only obes who can make the frequently bad writing work... within reason.
I don't think there's anyone in the Women's Division who has a character even half as good.

Also, the cartoon character aesthetic is ace even if it was jacked from DC. Those shirts are fairly 'safe'.

Also on Nitro, they tried a weird gimmick at the end of the show where the main event (Hogan vs. The Giant) started with only 1 minute left in the show. The reason was because they were trying to build up the ratings for the new Robin Hood show that was airing after. They promised to come back and show the match during commercial breaks of Robin Hood and that's pretty much what they did, airing about 30 seconds of the match during each commercial break, for the entire hour of the show. Problem is, the match only lasted about 4 minutes total, but as they stretched it out during the commercials, they acted like it was going on live and that everyone watching was missing a classic 45-minute Hogan/Giant match that had been going on all through the show. Anyway, there were a lot of complaints about the sleazy attempt to spike ratings for Robin Hood at the expense of wrestling fans (this one even has its own Wrestlecrap page).
fucking amazing

I don't think there's anyone in the Women's Division who has a character even half as good.

Also, the cartoon character aesthetic is ace even if it was jacked from DC. Those shirts are fairly 'safe'.
I use to say Charlotte was close but Smackdown has basically lowered her stock a lot

Yeah I love her tees. She's approaching Kevin Owens level merch quality (KO still wins on grounds of how many city/tour/show specific stuff that he gets and gets right). (Incidentally I have 3 KO and 3 Bliss shirts which is most I have of any individual wrestler). I want to get horror movie poster Five Feet of Fury one next and maybe the art print and acid wash ones. Maybe the tank way down the road. Only one that sucks is the WWE x Nerds one but most of that line sucks anyway.

I think it helps that Bliss' tees are all really colourful and Bliss has a lot of good pun usages.

The newest Twisted Bliss Alexa shirt is probably my fav and it was actually the only shirt I ended up buying on my 3 day wrestling tour. Saw a ton of them being bought and worn on Raw, many little girls wearing the new one too.

She's probably up there in terms of recent NXT success stories.

Top Bottom