• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Nickname is the Aerial Assassin
I know

And I've seen the pic of him in full AC getup

But boooooooo

(this show is also, i believe, the debut of Glen on commentary. he seems like a really nice guy but I vastly preferred the calmer/dry commentary guy from before. The screaming is a bit much for me but I know that's his thing....reminds me of Daniel Bryan in the CWC)

EDIT: Osprey kicked out of a burning hammer onto a chair, RIP the business now everyone knows its fake

As said earlier, Ember/Asuka is the most built up and should probably be the main event but I'll be surprised if it happens unless Asuka loses which it seems like she should. I still want them to do the angle banning the Eclipse for a while, when's the last time WWE banned a finish that wasn't some backstage mandate?

My read on Street Profits is that Montez Ford will probably be something. He's ridiculously athletic, which will help cover flaws while he develops in the ring, and has a charisma about him that will help him. Angelo Dawkins will not. It's like Jordan and Gable all over again. Dawkins has been looking for something for years, and all he's found is a guy that's gonna outshine him.
I agree with this.
Lmao that jobber team who faced Street Profits was baaaaaad

Are they PC guys? Because if so, they better keep them there for 2 or 3 more years.

The Deuce and Domino Jr.

Honestly you're trying too hard to find this illogical.

Honestly? Maybe I'm confused by it and didn't think it was hot? That's not a good enough explanation for you? There isn't any reason for you to make leaps of logic about my intent. Come on. I didn't think the segment was good. You disagree. Moving on...

Recall

So I had no idea Tama Tonga had been in NJPW since at least 2013. It's a hell of a stint he has had there then just in length not in regards to quality matches though :/

Hex

Banned
Tonight's Lucha Underground totally made me remember why I love that shit.
Rabbit Tribe, just that one corner spot was so great.
Mil VS Crane was an amazing brawl, and reminded me why Mil is the badass.
And Pentagon vs Texano..match was nothing special but a pure Pentagon swag fest.
Mix in the talk of gods and devils and all and it is soo awesome

That Pentagon vs Texano match was easily the weakest of the quarterfinals matches. I kind of had a feeling that they wouldn't mesh well. The semifinals look amazing though. Puma vs Fenix sounds fantastic

Hex

Banned
That Pentagon vs Texano match was easily the weakest of the quarterfinals matches. I kind of had a feeling that they wouldn't mesh well. The semifinals look amazing though. Puma vs Fenix sounds fantastic

I knew it was just a time sink until the Famous B gimmick kicked in.
I am honestly glad that they did not put more into it knowing what the finish was.
With LU, they sometimes go 2/3 times a night or at least in two day back to back situation.
It is one of the complaints that the talent has.

Hex

Banned
Texano sucks

2xXQGRi.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't care for Bliss for all the same reasons I don't care for the Miz. Because I don't think I have literally ever been excited about a Miz match or a Bliss match since I already know they can't deliver in the ring.

Hex

Banned
I don't care for Bliss for all the same reasons I don't care for the Miz. Because I don't think I have literally ever been excited about a Miz match or a Bliss match since I already know they can't deliver in the ring.

I like Bliss because she stepped up and ran with the ball.
Alot of bitter assed and jaded people will say it is because of her looks and that is horse shit.
She is one of the best they have on the mic among the women, and can adjust and react without going deer in the headlights if something turns.
In the ring, especially for her size she handles herself cleanly and very well and getting even better.
Sasha does nothing for me, every promo is a rewind repeat.
She comes out, does that step thing she does and throws the hands up to show the rings.
And then gives the same boring I'm the boss thing.
She has two good moves in the ring (in my opinion) the knee drop in the corner, and the lung blower into her submission finisher.
Nia is getting better if she can stop hurting people.
If Nia wins this week you can bet your ass that Asuka will be called up soon

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

tumblr_odh4vosGx01u1ljrzo1_540.gif

tumblr_inline_ophfb2b2441r8knqm_540.gif

2m0h19zzb67y.gif

that last one is for me Grimace :3

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
We're still doing this stupid dab meme?

If you're going to shitpost at least come up with some new material.

No date or anything, but he says his rehab's "coming along nicely" and that he's "looking forward to smashing Kawato" haha. Hopefully when Henare returns to Japan Haku's youngest son comes back to the dojo as well.

Happy to hear his rehab is going along well. Sad to see him out as everything has been moving forward rather smoothly for the Young Lions lately.

They really have a great group to move forward with.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
It's 5am and I still can't fall asleep despite going to bed 5 hours ago.

Had my first slurpee in like a year+ at like 7pm and I think the sugar is fucking me up. I'm officially too old for slurpees, that's a depressing thought.

Top Bottom