• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

I think that was Dolph Ziggler who did a lot of that and I don't buy that literally one interesting PPV match makes up for 10 years of shit I don't remember mostly involving being a chickenshit heel over the midcard title.

Hot take: the only reason anyone wants to see Miz fight Daniel Bryan is because they figure Miz is the softest opponent he could possibly have and people weirdly want Bryan back in the ring while simultaneously recognizing this dude should not be in the ring.
latest

Zach

I think there is something to be said for wrasslers who are crazy and believe it's real while they're a-promo-in' (i.e. Austin). It will always be better than (usually bad) actors acting.

BiggNife

Where do you guys normally go for wrestling news? I mainly visited Cageside Seats but it sounds like there was some weird ban wave and now a lot of the community is leaving. Is it basically just Wrestling Inc and WrestleZone?

Sephzilla

What are the current odds on GWF?

I'd give who I think is going to win/lose (because I have as little control over the outcomes as everyone else) but that might look sketchy to some people.

Where do you guys normally go for wrestling news? I mainly visited Cageside Seats but it sounds like there was some weird ban wave and now a lot of the community is leaving. Is it basically just Wrestling Inc and WrestleZone?

WrassleGAF!

Sometimes I visit CSS

Sephzilla

you think DB is the #1 internet darling?

He was at one point, I wouldn't say that now. Kenny Omega is the clear #1 imo.

Bryan would immediately supplant Omega in this spot again if he donned the tights again.

SHOOT: I still think people overvalue Kenny Omega a bit. If he jumped to WWE he wouldn't have the same hype buzz as Balor or AJ did, and wouldn't have the same buzz as if Bryan jumped to Japan.

Heroman

Banned
Bryan would immediately supplant Omega in this spot again if he donned the tights again.

SHOOT: I still think people overvalue Kenny Omega a bit. If he jumped to WWE he wouldn't have the same hype buzz as Balor or AJ did, and wouldn't have the same buzz as if Bryan jumped to Japan.
Same hype as Balor or AJ ? He already a much better star than Balor and at least in Japan he a bigger than aj. Like he probably the most popular wreslter who isn't a wwe wreslter.

Sephzilla

Same hype as Balor or AJ ? He already a much better star than Balor and at least in Japan he a bigger than aj. Like he probably the most popular wreslter who isn't a wwe wreslter.

That's because everyone who was higher than him on that list jumped to WWE

Anth0ny

There's a question you need to ask about all of the New Japanese Pro Wrestlers that went to McMahon Jr's promotion... how many Stars did they get in the main event of the Tokyo Dome show?

And how many did Kenny get?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My bad, for some reason I thought Nak/Styles went last but it was the second to last match

The vast majority of people who headline the Tokyo Dome are Japanese speaking Japanese people. I don't know why this is relevant for anything.

Zach

GWF 7 Chances of Going Over

For all your faux faux wrassle newz, call the Filth Hotline at 1-900-909-6900. OwensIsNow, please get your mom's permission, but make the call today!

GWF B+ #1 Contender Hell in a Cell Match
Hex (5%) vs klonere (10%) vs Excelsiorlef (20%) vs giancarlo123x (50%) vs serenewarfare (5%) vs Anth0ny (10%)

giancarlo123x is expected to get a big push.

GWF B+ Championship Match
Syder (50%) vs RBH (50%)

50/50 booking makes this one impossible to predict.

Singles Match
Tom Nook (40%) vs Pikma (60%)

Pikma is expected to make the newcomer look good before pulling out the W.

GWF Tag Team Championship Match - If the Brenemies lose, they must disband
The Brenemies (25%) vs The Huggers of Destruction (75%)

Completely clean Zach seems to have little babby Menome's number.

GWF World #1 Contender Falls Count Anywhere Match
sf2fanatic (33%) vs Heroman (67%)

Heroman is known to be sleeping with Sephzilla.

GWF World Championship Main Event Match
Professor Beef (90%) vs Beefy (10%)

Rumors are in the air that management is not happy with Beefy's stale reign on top. Beefy reportedly doesn't want to do the J-O-B, as he has plans to retire undefeated, so expect shenanigans as GWF 7 goes off the air.

He'd have way more hype than Balor.

Balor isn't even in the same stratosphere as Omega...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You're smoking powerful shit if you think Kenny Omega would be a bigger deal than Daniel Bryan, but it's a meaningless argument: Omega is in NJPW for 18 more months minimum and Daniel Bryan literally can't wrestle.

Meltzer bring this up a lot that keeping Kenny Omega and NJPW scarce is helping NJPW get over among indie fans stateside, but it's not like there's really that much money to be made in the US if you're NJPW.

klonere

Banned
As we go into Sumo Hall, top 3 G1 performers?

Mine are

1) Okada
2) Nagata
3) EVIL/Omega

Can't seperate the last two, I'm totally cheating.

Pikma

Banned
Why are these people with awful opinions trying to shit on the Miz aka the guy who put Talking Smack on the map and used to carry SD back when it was good? Dabbing gifs are better than this dumb narrative

Miz promo of the year aka just yell a lot and say things to appease the internet

Might as well complete the phrase

"To appease The Internet Wrestling Community"

That's how silly your post sounds

Top Bottom