• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Fox318

BOQ9g3ACIAE3HG1.jpg

Bronx-Man

Banned
It is the year 20XX.

The world is a nuclear wasteland.

A lone shadow appears over the horizon.

It carries a single object.

The WWE Championship.

It speaks but one word to the world around it:

BRRRRRRAAAAAAUUUUUNNNN!!!
I met a guy at HeroesCon down in Charlotte a year ago that made a comic like this, only it was Dusty vs the 4 Horsemen in the aftermath of the apocalypse.

Zach

You know what the impending #NuclearApocalypse means?!?!
#5YearsWins
Oh. My. Goodness.

It is the year 20XX.

The world is a nuclear wasteland.

A lone shadow appears over the horizon.

It carries a single object.

The WWE Championship.

It speaks but one word to the world around it:

BRRRRRRAAAAAAUUUUUNNNN!!!

That didn't pay off.

[slinks away in disappointment, half-mast]

Because he's the fucking leader of the free world, has the worlds largest military at his fingertips and is a certified sociopath.

If you don't take Trump seriously then honestly you're a nitwit.

fucking thank you

the fact that people are saying we shouldn't be paying attention to the president of the fucking country shows how bleak things are

Have been busy all day, came to GAF and clicked the Musk thread. Immediately closed it and came to WrassleGAF. Can't handle the defense forces with him

If this motherfucker can get me to mars then by all means.

(He does seems insane though, then again I guess you HAVE to be to pull off the shit he's done.)

Draxal

Man watching classic Rock and Austin, they are so much better on the mic that anybody today.

Even Ko really can't compete, I honestly only have the Miz on there level. Enzo has that larger that life feeling as well.

Sephzilla

Man watching classic Rock and Austin, they are so much better on the mic that anybody today.

Even Ko really can't compete, I honestly only have the Miz on there level. Enzo has that larger that life feeling as well.

There are very few people in the modern age that I think could hang with the Rock/Austin era talents on the mic.

Zach

Draxal, I tagged with Steve Austin. I knew Steve Austin. Steve Austin was a friend of mine. Draxal, The Miz is no Steve Austin.

Trump wants to press the button before the so called Deep State has him removed or otherwise encumbered because everyone wants to support a President when we're at war. Remember Nixon cocknlocked peace talks in Vietnam so he could get reflected. In other words, Trumps about to go into business for himself.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Miz being good on the mic doesn't make me want to watch him talk or wrestle. That's kind of the problem: he's technically good at the acting part but he can't sell a match to anyone because no amount of being good on the mic is going to get anyone excited about your match if they know you can't hack the match stuff.

The only thing he does that I find even marginally entertaining is when they give him Cena-lite worked shoot material, but that's all scripted.

There's plenty of people KO has ended up putting on mediocre matches with. But he has more than 0 matches which are legit great, so I at the very least can say I want to check his match out and see if anything cool happened.

The Miz being good on the mic doesn't make me want to watch him talk or wrestle. That's kind of the problem: he's technically good at the acting part but he can't sell a match to anyone.

I disagree. He got me invested in Dolph Ziggler of all people, and I found myself wanting WWE to clear D.Brine for one match just to see him kick Miz's head in. Same thing with MVP as well.

Zach

The Rock had a presence, charisma, and delivery that today's wrasslers can't touch. Austin had a presence, charisma, and delivery that The Rock couldn't touch.

Oooh!

Sephzilla

The Miz being good on the mic doesn't make me want to watch him talk or wrestle. That's kind of the problem: he's technically good at the acting part but he can't sell a match to anyone because no amount of being good on the mic is going to get anyone excited about your match if they know you can't hack the match stuff.

The only thing he does that I find even marginally entertaining is when they give him Cena-lite worked shoot material, but that's all scripted.

I disagree. He got me invested in Dolph Ziggler of all people, and I found myself wanting WWE to clear D.Brine for one match just to see him kick Miz's head in. Same thing with MVP as well.

I was about to say, Miz vs Ziggler was a feud that on paper should have been worthless but Miz made that some legitimately interesting shit. Miz did some honest to goodness great character work there when he told Ziggler he had no right to challenge Miz again, and then turned into a shark that smelled blood the moment Ziggler put up his career. Miz should have won that feud.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I think that was Dolph Ziggler who did a lot of that and I don't buy that literally one interesting PPV match makes up for 10 years of shit I don't remember mostly involving being a chickenshit heel over the midcard title.

Hot take: the only reason anyone wants to see Miz fight Daniel Bryan is because they figure Miz is the softest opponent he could possibly have and people weirdly want Bryan back in the ring while simultaneously recognizing this dude should not be in the ring.

Sephzilla

I think that was Dolph Ziggler who did that.

Dolph did nothing but regurgitate mostly the same stupid promos he's done for a couple of years now during that feud. Miz carried that from start to finish.

Hot take: the only reason anyone wants to see Miz fight Daniel Bryan is because they figure Miz is the softest opponent he could possibly have and people weirdly want Bryan back in the ring while simultaneously recognizing this dude should not be in the ring.
Alternate hot take: They want to see it because Miz vs Daniel Bryan was one of the only hot feuds of 2016 and Miz had the promo of the year during it

Angry Grimace

Dolph did nothing but regurgitate mostly the same stupid promos he's done for a couple of years now during that feud. Miz carried that from start to finish.

Alternate hot take: They want to see it because Miz vs Daniel Bryan was one of the only hot feuds of 2016 and Miz had the promo of the year during it

I honestly don't think anyone wants to see that match. I think demand for it would be lower than almost literally anyone else on the roster to put Bryan in a match with. Doing a bad job stealing those kicks wasn't as compelling as you guys made it out to be.

And I'm not saying it was a bad promo: I'm saying I still don't want to see Miz in a match with anyone even after he cut that promo. Hell, it failed for me especially because he cut that promo on a guy he can't actually work with. If you're gonna cut that promo you shouldn't be doing it on some completely directionless shit that ended up with the 8 millionth Dean Ambrose match.

Top Bottom