• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Beefy

GWF 7 Chances of Going Over

For all your faux faux wrassle newz, call the Filth Hotline at 1-900-909-6900. OwensIsNow, please get your mom's permission, but make the call today!

GWF World Championship Main Event Match
Professor Beef (90%) vs Beefy (10%)

Rumors are in the air that management is not happy with Beefy's stale reign on top. Beefy reportedly doesn't want to do the J-O-B, as he has plans to retire undefeated, so expect shenanigans as GWF 7 goes off the air.

Pfft

You're smoking powerful shit if you think Kenny Omega would be a bigger deal than Daniel Bryan, but it's a meaningless argument: Omega is in NJPW for 18 more months minimum and Daniel Bryan literally can't wrestle.

That's a different argument than Omega not being on the same level as AJ and especially Finn Balor

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
they threw the iwgp title on aj his first week
aj held the wwe title for months

and youre trying to tell me omega is on the level of him when all hes ever won is the jr heavy?

Why are these people with awful opinions trying to shit on the Miz aka the guy who put Talking Smack on the map and used to carry SD back when it was good? Dabbing gifs are better than this dumb narrative

Might as well complete the phrase

"To appease The Internet Wrestling Community"

That's how silly your post sounds

you mean the Internet Sports Entertainment Community

Miz has always been a mid tier player at best.

Omega is never going to get the same WWE arrival buzz that Styles had. That's crazy talk.

I think if Omega debuts at RR, he'd getting a bigger pop than AJ did.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why are these people with awful opinions trying to shit on the Miz aka the guy who put Talking Smack on the map and used to carry SD back when it was good? Dabbing gifs are better than this dumb narrative

Might as well complete the phrase

"To appease The Internet Wrestling Community"

That's how silly your post sounds

Because the point of cutting a promo is making people want to see your match, Miz is bad at wrestling and nobody ever wants to see his matches. I straight up wouldn't believe someone if they said they were really excited about a Miz match. The only ones he's ever done I even remember is the time he ludicriously main-evented WM, and that one match with Ziggler that had a cool stip.

So he yelled at Bryan once. That would be a lot better if it was done in service of an actual feud that would happen because Bryan's not even wrestling, so he's not even selling a match and frankly, half of that promo was built around Miz defending being bad at wrestling. You know what Miz ended up doing after that promo? He beat Dolph Ziggler in an IC match no one remembers that went 10 minutes too long. Then he fought Ziggler in one match that got over on a hot crowd and a cool stipulation, and then he fought Ambrose about a billion times in matches I'm pretty sure nobody remembers.

I don't buy that this guy is "carrying" anything when he's doing boring matches in the first hour of the PPV that nobody remembers coupled with the same Miz TV segments he's been doing for years. It's also kind of insane to claim Miz "carried" SD when this was like two weeks before AJ Styles's world title run.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
AJ should just be thankful he didn't have to wrestle Seth "Would be a shame if something happened" Rollins while he had momentum going

seth's killed as many pushes as cena in half the time with his unsafe wrestling and awful promos

SilentMike03

Neo Member
Just watched this week's NXT and some quick thoughts:

Asuka and Ember should main event TakeOver Brooklyn.

Bobby Roode and Drew McIntyre are boring and I will be shocked if that match is anything more than average.

I don't know who I'm supposed to be rooting for in this Sanity/AOP match. Heel vs. Heel is fine for a tv show match, but for a big PPV? No.

I much prefer what I've seen of how they're portraying Aleister Black versus what I've seen of his work as Tommy End.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Just watched this week's NXT and some quick thoughts:

Asuka and Ember should main event TakeOver Brooklyn.

Bobby Roode and Drew McIntyre are boring and I will be shocked if that match is anything more than average.

I don't know who I'm supposed to be rooting for in this Sanity/AOP match. Heel vs. Heel is fine for a tv show match, but for a big PPV? No.

I much prefer what I've seen of how they're portraying Aleister Black versus what I've seen of his work as Tommy End.

I don't think they've even worked out whether Sanity or AOP are faces/heels at this point. Cross is the most over of the group and the obvious breakout star, but they kind of killed her momentum by having her lose to Asuka so many times on random regular NXT shows. That last standing match should have been on TakeOver. The women's division definetely feels a little stale - I'd like to see Asuka move on and have Cross/Moon for at least a show before they bring in Kairi.

Roode is just kind of...there at this point and putting him in there with McIntiyre wasn't doing him favors because they come off like the two guys who are in developmental for no real reason.

MashKing

GWF 7 Chances of Going Over

For all your faux faux wrassle newz, call the Filth Hotline at 1-900-909-6900. OwensIsNow, please get your mom's permission, but make the call today!

GWF B+ #1 Contender Hell in a Cell Match
Hex (5%) vs klonere (10%) vs Excelsiorlef (20%) vs giancarlo123x (50%) vs serenewarfare (5%) vs Anth0ny (10%)

giancarlo123x is expected to get a big push.

GWF B+ Championship Match
Syder (50%) vs RBH (50%)

50/50 booking makes this one impossible to predict.

Singles Match
Tom Nook (40%) vs Pikma (60%)

Pikma is expected to make the newcomer look good before pulling out the W.

GWF Tag Team Championship Match - If the Brenemies lose, they must disband
The Brenemies (25%) vs The Huggers of Destruction (75%)

Completely clean Zach seems to have little babby Menome's number.

GWF World #1 Contender Falls Count Anywhere Match
sf2fanatic (33%) vs Heroman (67%)

Heroman is known to be sleeping with Sephzilla.

GWF World Championship Main Event Match
Professor Beef (90%) vs Beefy (10%)

Rumors are in the air that management is not happy with Beefy's stale reign on top. Beefy reportedly doesn't want to do the J-O-B, as he has plans to retire undefeated, so expect shenanigans as GWF 7 goes off the air.
All these percentages remind me of Steiner math.
But what's gonna happen when you add Kurt Angle to the mix!

For Klonere

DG500cgXgAEMBIh

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
watching Okada v Suzuki

Okada's hair is a mess and its super distracting lol

AJ should just be thankful he didn't have to wrestle Seth "Would be a shame if something happened" Rollins while he had momentum going

seth's killed as many pushes as cena in half the time with his unsafe wrestling and awful promos

Seth "Reverse Jesus" Rollins where you die for his sins.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why is Okada barely hitting Suzuki when Suzuki is basically shooting on him?

Like, this is the worst Okada offense I can remember (at least so far), it looks really...fake? Which is very weird to say about NJPW.

Rhaknar

Wait for it

im not wrong tho right? Okada's big boots looked so off at the start of the match, like he was barely hitting him, same for these forearms now.

meanwhile Suzuki is MURDERING him with kicks now, jesus

Rhaknar

Just keep watching it
evil just fucked okada up, remember that

welp... I think that's the first time I've been disapointed with a NJPW match after being hyped up. Okada's awful looking strikes really took me out of the match, especially when Suzuki was being so viscious with his slaps and kicks. I kept waiting for Okada to "snap" and go ham but he barely did, a couple of good slaps but nothing compared to what Suzuki was doing.

Now im not advocating for wrestlers to kill each other, but like I said, Suzuki was shooting hard and Okada...wasnt. Guess its just me, oh well.

Story wise, the match was fantastic tho, great finish.

Egg0

Banned
I'm like, at the start of Okada/Suzuki but something came up and never got to watch it.

Will probably finish it tonight after work.

Top Bottom