• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Mahonay

Banned
I felt like the Y2K scare was a lot dumber. I had some friends whose parents had basically turned their basements into bomb shelters stocked with gallons of water and canned food.

Sephzilla

The Y2K scare even in 1999 was the dumbest fucking shit fueled by people who mostly didn't understand how technology works. The worst case scenario was that some computers break because their clocks glitched out. It wasn't like nukes were going to fly or some shit.

Zach

jwcs0Ka.jpg

...brother?

Egg0

Banned
I didn't know about the Y2K thing until some friends told me about it. Even as a kid, it sounded way too dumb to be real.

Hasney

The Y2K scare even in 1999 was the dumbest fucking shit fueled by people who mostly didn't understand how technology works. The worst case scenario was that some computers break because their clocks glitched out. It wasn't like nukes were going to fly or some shit.

If nukes fly out because a computer won't boot, maybe there's a design flaw.

Still, the while bug was funny. They just kind of assumed the IBM PC BIOS would be replaced in over 20 years. How silly.

Mahonay

Banned
Catching yesterday's NXT.

Holy shit the Metro Brothers is a terrible tag team name.

First time seeing a Street Profits match. Wonder if Angelo Dawkins has gotten any better.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Trump says a lot of shit, I don't know why people take all of it so seriously and also why everyone somehow believes the North Korean military has like 50 nuclear weapons it can deploy to every major American city or something

Sephzilla

Trump says a lot of shit, I don't know why people take all of it so seriously and also why everyone somehow believes the North Korean military has like 50 nuclear weapons it can deploy to every major American city or something

People are worried because shooting nukes is the one thing Trump can do without any interference from congress

Zach

His rhetoric displeases me, whether its empty or not. But I'm not losing sleep over it. I'm more concerned with the country righting the ship in 2018/2020. Please, American Jesus.

Anth0ny

kim jong un is dumb enough to do the thing

trump is dumb enough to do the thing

it's literally the perfect storm of stupidity

I believe Trump is more than capable of doing it. I think he wants to make his mark in whatever time he has left as President. He's feeling the squeeze and this might be the perfect opportunity to do it. I'm not sure he will nuke but I could see an ill-advised missile strike happening.

Menome

So long as Trump holds off nuclear oblivion until after Season 3 of Twin Peaks has wrapped up. I'll personally hunt him down in the aftermath otherwise.

Sephzilla

Before Trump was even inagurated he was asking questions like "what's the point of having nukes if we can't use them?" Motherfucker has no concept of what a nuclear deterrent is and thinks he's playing goddamn Command and Conquer.

I'm legitimately scared of this. :(

At much, NK can only harm SK a bit, so you do not have to worry unless you live in Seoul. But I could totally see Trump doing something stupid to leave his mark in history like dropping a nuclear bomb in NK and start some type of economic crisis.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
nuclear warfare looming?

its time guys

its time for him to return

latest

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well on the plus side if the world ends in nuclear fire I won't have to bother finding a job.

NK doesn't have enough nukes to end the world. They probably have enough nukes to level a square mile.

Even a full scale nuclear war between two of the big nuclear powers wouldn't actually destroy the world.

Menome

It is the year 20XX.

The world is a nuclear wasteland.

A lone shadow appears over the horizon.

It carries a single object.

The WWE Championship.

It speaks but one word to the world around it:

BRRRRRRAAAAAAUUUUUNNNN!!!

Top Bottom