• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Heroman

Banned
That's not a counter-point any more than if I located the absolute worst worker in NJPW and argued it was bad. Guys like AJ Styles/Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn literally would not have ever worked in the company 10 years ago.
Jinder Mahal proves that being a good in ring worker doesn't matter and not metion Baron Corbin and Carmela both have chances to become championship soon. And I don't know why you brought up Njpw.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah but it kills the narrative that work rate is really important when WWE clearly shows that isn't the case.

No it doesn't. WrestleMania isn't literally everything the company does.

Also can you guys stop using the word "narrative" as a weasel word? I swear, y'all love to use the word whenever someone's opinion is making you mad and you want to imply it's an invalid troll opinion.

Heroman

Banned
If wwe true cared about in ring talent or macth, then their ppv would be way better than they have been. Cause given the talent they have all their show should be on a whole different level.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Jinder Mahal proves that being a good in ring worker doesn't matter and not metion Baron Corbin and Carmela both have chances to become championship soon. And I don't know why you brought up Njpw.

No, it doesn't, actually. The guys they have working in company aren't guys they'd have ever dreamed of hiring 10 years ago.

The fact they still have guys who aren't any good disproves a point I am not actually making - I am not arguing that "workrate is literally the only thing that matters." I am saying is that it matters more than it has ever mattered in the company, which is why they're chain signing everyone out of ROH and random indies and even Japan.

A guy who's great on the mic but worthless as a worker is called a manager.

I agree, but that's Enzo. He's actually worthless as a wrestler.

Miz isn't worthless as a worker. He can put on good matches. He's just not a top level worker. And that's fine. Not everyone has to be a super worker to be valuable.

I dont see anyone in this thread praising Naomi

What's there to praise her for? She's pretty bad on the mic and simply passable to okay in the ring.

The most I can do is commend her for getting over in spite of all of that.

Angry Grimace

I agree, but that's Enzo. He's actually worthless as a wrestler.

Miz isn't worthless as a worker. He can put on good matches. He's just not a top level worker. And that's fine. Not everyone has to be a super worker to be valuable.

I'm not saying they should fire Miz. I'm saying that I think people are way overemphasizing his character work when evaluating him as a whole.

I mean, even Enzo can get himself over with his in-ring by concussing himself and having to be stretchered out =V

I'm not saying they should fire Miz. I'm saying that I think people are way overemphasizing his character work when evaluating him as a whole.

I mean, even Enzo can get himself over with his in-ring by concussing himself and having to be stretchered out =V

I think too much emphasis is placed on "yeah, but wrestling". I think Miz's promos are just as valuable to a good episode of Raw or SD as a good match between say Dean and Cesaro or AJ and Owens.

Anth0ny

I'm hearing someone tried to box with God King Meltz?

Kids these days... trying to shoot on a shooter!

New Japan has managed to do something my job and family has never managed to do... force me to go to bed at a reasonable hour! See yall at 6am for the G1 and many, many stars.

Is this your first Yakuza?

"Payed"?! Put down the marijuana cigarette!
I literally cannot think of any other way to spell it lol
Does it have the curbstomp as DLC?
Bricks your console
If I was them and people ate up the garbage I put out I'd push it as far as I could too.

That's been a thing for a while I think, it's all the indy shit so they sucker in the hardcore fans + workers creating themselves
That darn Full Sail crowd ruins everything!

Raw64life

The gaming industry has done a pretty good job of desensitizing people to DLC unfortunately. They just keep pushing and pushing. If there's enough blowback, they'll dial back the shitty business decisions for a bit then slowly start creeping them in again until they find out exactly how much bullshit people are willing to swallow. And then you have people on the gaming side defending these companies all the time like it's their job. It's been sad to watch.

Zach

My first Yakuza was 3, which a lot of people didn't like, I guess. I really enjoyed it. 4 was great. 5 I never beat. And I've just started dabbling in 0.

It's a cool series.

Top Bottom