• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Dumb move

I mean it's entirely possible she's actually fine and this is just her always planned farewell run. Stardom's Reddit account is acting cagey about that, but that could be them just trying to drum up controversy. We never knew exactly what the injury was, and her timetable for return was September/October so it's possible that she just healed a little quicker than expected. Plus her return in August is small time. She won't have to work as hard until September for the GP, which was on her recovery timeline anyways.

It's all just a mess. Needs some clarity from somebody and yet all we're getting is cagey comments from Stardom's side.

Beefy

I mean it's entirely possible she's actually fine and this is just her always planned farewell run. Stardom's Reddit account is acting cagey about that, but that could be them just trying to drum up controversy. We never knew exactly what the injury was, and her timetable for return was September/October so it's possible that she just healed a little quicker than expected. Plus her return in August is small time. She won't have to work as hard until September, which was on her recovery timeline anyways.

It's all just a mess. Needs some clarity from somebody and yet all we're getting is cagey comments from Stardom's side.

I edited my post. So no move to WWE now?

She wrote a blog claiming she found a doctor that helped her and that she's 100%.

Maybe it's a situation where she's like "I want to wrestle" and WWE's like "no, you need to sit out and heal up" and so she said "fine, I'll just go back to Japan and they'll let me wrestle".

so like d.brine, then

Like Ryback and The Secret

41QqW-DXuhL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I edited my post. So no move to WWE now?

There's really no way of knowing until someone with legit sources says something.

I find it hard to believe WWE would pull her offer given all the hoops they've jumped through to get her in the first place. And even before the injury news, Meltzer was saying Shirai would be dealing with Stardom commitments through the end of the summer, which is why she was never scheduled for the MYC, so this run would line up with that.

I mean when Kairi left, they made a big deal out of it and had a farewell show for her. Io never got that, so it's possible this is just her chance to get that and go out the right way.

It's also possible that she wants to work injured, and WWE doesn't want her to, so she just decided to stay in Japan. Like I said, we need clarity and all we're getting is more questions, so we'll just have to wait and see.

RBH

20479438_1679831605392801_6346844214934768530_n.jpg

After almost 2 full years of being out of action, Amazing Red makes his official in-ring return Friday August 18th in NYC as he goes up against Anthony Gangone for the House of Glory World Championship

Remember a decade ago when TNA signed Pacman Jones while he was on suspension from the NFL, but he couldn't take any bumps or be touched, so he just tagged with Ron Killings and never got in the ring? Then they won the tag titles with Ron Killings wrestling every match basically by himself?

Classic TNA.

Foggy

The only way in which it doesn't please me is if Stardom is enabling her to work while she's injured.

I'm hoping the severity was just blown out of proportion considering she took the same amount of time off last year to recover from a nagging tailbone injury. Like you said in an earlier post, there's too much vague info out there right now.

I'm hoping the severity was just blown out of proportion considering she took the same amount of time off last year to recover from a nagging tailbone injury. Like you said in an earlier post, there's too much vague info out there right now.

That's my hope as well. But let's just say I don't have a lot of faith.

Just think, Toni Storm could end up being the difference between Io going or staying if this turns out to be what's going on.

Foggy

Speaking of joshi's doing dumb shit

https://twitter.com/anilizer_34/status/891641355725877249

Literally the worst shoot headbutt spot I've ever seen.

I honestly think that's a botch. Nobody busts out a shoot headbutt at the beginning of a match during a test of strength. Neither of them have a history of this and they're not going to do it at a random Osaka house show.

Usually the transition is to move to the side and slam collar to collar. My best guess is they both moved in the same direction away from the camera. Hard to tell from that angle.

klonere

Banned
I honestly think that's a botch. Nobody busts out a shoot headbutt at the beginning of a match during a test of strength. Neither of them have a history of this and they're not going to do it at a random Osaka house show.

Usually the transition is to move to the side and slam collar to collar. My best guess is they both moved in the same direction away from the camera. Hard to tell from that angle.

I dunno, they took a moment to look at each other just before clashing heads.

It's a really awful spot no matter how you spin it in any case.

klonere

Banned
"What if we had a modern Attitude Era style promotion????"

TD8sUtg.png

Gonna spoiler the state that Ravie Davie was in because fucking hell

DGAxrauW0AA9T6w.jpg

Foggy

I dunno, they took a moment to look at each other just before clashing heads.

It's a really awful spot no matter how you spin it in any case.

For sure, it's gnarly as fuck but I do think it was just a fucked up botch. Even Shibata never wound it up like they did. Everyone's sensitive to this and deservedly so but they're never a fraction as stiff as this spot was. Hell, Kyona's finisher is a splash.

The promotion in question, the wrestlers in question, the place, the time in the match, the way it went wrong in the only way it could go wrong...to me, it lends to my feeling it was a botch.

Draxal

There's really no way of knowing until someone with legit sources says something.

I find it hard to believe WWE would pull her offer given all the hoops they've jumped through to get her in the first place. And even before the injury news, Meltzer was saying Shirai would be dealing with Stardom commitments through the end of the summer, which is why she was never scheduled for the MYC, so this run would line up with that.

I mean when Kairi left, they made a big deal out of it and had a farewell show for her. Io never got that, so it's possible this is just her chance to get that and go out the right way.

It's also possible that she wants to work injured, and WWE doesn't want her to, so she just decided to stay in Japan. Like I said, we need clarity and all we're getting is more questions, so we'll just have to wait and see.

To be honest, I think she's staying and going to retire on her own terms soon (maybe cuz of injuries maybe because shes been doing it for a long time now), while she's a better wrestler than Kairi, I think the ceiling is much higher for Kairi in the wwe for some reason.

edit. I also think people are understimating how big the language barrier between anglosphere coutnries and the Japanese countries are.

I don't think the ones that just spray water are particularly worth it. Getting a blast of cold water at your bum isn't not a good feeling. I wish I could buy one with a heater and all that fancy shit, but I wouldn't have a good way of hooking it up.

I think it is a good introductory to a bidet. Of course, the full toilet is better but this is more of a simple solution. I wouldn't spend any more money than this tho.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
To be honest, I think she's staying and going to retire on her own terms soon (maybe cuz of injuries maybe because shes been doing it for a long time now), while she's a better wrestler than Kairi, I think the ceiling is much higher for Kairi in the wwe for some reason.

From about six months of my watching Stardom, Kairi is incredibly charming and Io is nothing special personality wise. Io may be the best wrestler, but if you watched almost any of the promos they do at the end of the event, Kairi is funny and engages with the crowd really well. If she can manage to get half of that charisma to translate to American audiences, she'll be a much bigger star than Io could.

somedevil

From about six months of my watching Stardom, Kairi is incredibly charming and Io is nothing special personality wise. Io may be the best wrestler, but if you watched almost any of the promos they do at the end of the event, Kairi is funny and engages with the crowd really well. If she can manage to get half of that charisma to translate to American audiences, she'll be a much bigger star than Io could.

From the mae young reports seems like the crowd was into her. There is a video out there of her entrance when someone yells Kawaii.... :/

Her booking is going to be different compared to Asuka based on her personality.

klonere

Banned
Making 5+ hour video breakdowns on why modern Bethesda games suck is it's own genre on Youtube.

It's honestly impressive.

Foggy

Io as a babyface is as milquetoast as it gets but she's excellent as a true heel. It's too bad because nobody will let her go full heel because they're too focused on capitalizing on her looks. I can't imagine her charisma would get her far in the WWE. She'd almost certainly be a babyface, particularly with her moveset.

As for Kairi, I'm skeptical to how far she'll be able to go. WWE doesn't really have a great track record when it comes to happy foreign babyfaces.

Sweet Jesus, the 7/17 AJPW show from Korakuen is only just now available on the Real Hero Archive.

Oh hi there

Top Bottom