• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Anth0ny

In 1989, Flair and Steamboat had 3, count 'em, 3 5 star matches. In a single year.

In 2017, Omega and Okada have the potential to beat that average rating over 3 matches as long as tomorrow's match gets a 3 star rating or above.

STARS

Tall4Life

In 1989, Flair and Steamboat had 3, count 'em, 3 5 star matches. In a single year.

In 2017, Omega and Okada have the potential to beat that average rating over 3 matches as long as tomorrow's match gets a 3 star rating or above.

STARS

WCW doesn't even exist anymore and it's still getting buried in 2017

lovely :)

Foggy

New Japan in 2017 has basically done away with the idea that matchups have to be "fresh" for a match or rivalry to be exciting.

Today was the third big match between Tanahashi and Naito this year, and it was fucking awesome just like the two before it. I have no doubt Okada and Omega will deliver tomorrow for the third time, too.

These feel more like sports rivalries than traditional wrestling rivalries, where they work the same match and it gets boring. It's like, the Cavs and the Warriors have met 3 years in a row in the NBA Finals, but they're by far the two best teams in the league so it's still entertaining as hell to watch. Because they're the best.

These guys are constantly changing things up, from moves to storytelling to psychology to stakes... so it always feels different. Even though the matchup remains the same, the matches themselves always feel fresh. It's incredible.

Just wait until you find out what's happening outside New Japan

Scottify

His new tattoo is amazing, the details are just so good. It would have been cool to still have the old bull visible in some way, like the new bull was born from it or something. Perhaps I am overthinking it. It does make me want to get another one though

I honestly think it's ugly. It's got plenty of detail but it's far too busy and need easy to discern at a glance. The Brahma Bull was so good because it was recognisable and could be represented as a simple silhouette.

But it's his body so it's his choice.

Tom Nook

Owens is the Brahma Bull now.

He will receive the Rock's powers.

yup
screen-shot-2017-05-05-at-2-37-45-pm.jpg

Top Bottom