• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Anth0ny

So now I have everything I believe worth owning from 2013 NJPW on Blu-Ray.

Wrestle Kingdom 7
Invasion Attack 2013
G1 Climax 2013 (All of it :D)
King of Pro Wrestling 2013

I also was gifted New Japan Cup 2013 a while ago but it's not much in the way of being memorable/exciting.

Nice! Time to get started on 2014-2017!

They always play out like hilarious social car crashes.

giphy.gif

WURylM6.gif

Mahonay

Banned
Holy god damn shit. It's an 1 hour 25 minute subway ride from where live in Brooklyn to that Progress show in Queens if I end up going.

Just fill my phone up with wrestling podcasts to listen to I guess.

It's a 2 hour plane ride from Chicago you mark

I haven't decided if I'm gonna use the subway at all. Uber/taxi is obviously more expensive but I'd rather not go in blind and hope for the best. Lol. I don't even use the trains here

Anth0ny

Holy god damn shit. It's an 1 hour 25 minute subway ride from where live in Brooklyn to that Progress show in Queens if I end up going.

You might have time to get through the starting banter on one lapsed fan!

I used to ride the train from Sunnyside to Coney Island every day for a few months. It was brutal. But on the other hand I took plenty of nice naps.

Mahonay

Banned
It's a 2 hour plane ride from Chicago you mark

I haven't decided if I'm gonna use the subway at all. Uber/taxi is obviously more expensive but I'd rather not go in blind and hope for the best. Lol. I don't even use the trains here
What airport are you flying into? I can give you easy directions.

What airport are you flying into? I can give you easy directions.
JFK

Kinda sucks because Corona seems like it's not a great area. I think I'm just gonna find my way to Flushing Meadows for a couple of hours, check out museums and shit and walk the 15/20 to the venue

My plan is basically arrive at JFK at 9:30am, grab food and whatever, get to Flushing Meadows, Evolve at 3:30, Progress 7:30, then taxi over to the Comedy Cellar for a show at 12:15am. Then back to the airport to eventually catch a 6:45 flight out. Haha

Mahonay

Banned
JFK

Kinda sucks because Corona seems like it's not a great area. I think I'm just gonna find my way to Flushing Meadows for a couple of hours, check out museums and shit and walk the 15/20 to the venue

My plan is basically arrive at JFK at 9:30am, grab food and whatever, get to Flushing Meadows, Evolve at 3:30, Progress 7:30, then taxi over to the Comedy Cellar for a show at 12:15am. Then back to the airport to eventually catch a 6:45 flight out. Haha
Fuck man. That's an insanely tight schedule. I hope you drink because I know I would need to, just to calm my nerves. Good luck.

And yeah, Corona is out of the way of like everything.

Anth0ny

Around the 58:00 part of the pod Kevin Eck, who wrote for WWE from 2011-2014, talks about how Baron Corbin's match with Cena is a test for Corbin. He says when he was in WWE how heels were judged by how well they worked with Cena, and Cena's own opinion of them, and brings up Ziggler:s run with Cena in 2012 as an example. According to Eck, Cena wasn't impressed with Ziggler and Vince already wasn't high on Ziggler. Keller briefly mentions how Ziggler has disappointed him and Eck mentions how during a meeting how Vince said "We're doing a disservice to John. We're bringing him down" and the program rather abruptly ended shortly thereafter.

Top Bottom