• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Ronin Ray

Just finished Omega/Okada III

I really enjoyed it but I do think it was my least favorite of the 3. Some great moments near the end but I don't think it matched the big spots of the first match or the drama of the second (second being my favorite)

Kenny even said before the story going into this one is "both men are beaten and tired from the G1" which is exactly how it played out

Your right but I looked at it like too tired old beat up gunman giving it every last drop before they go.

Majukun

From the piledriver position? It was barely his shoulder. Naito's ass is what hit the table and floor. I'm sure it wasn't pleasant but you're overstating the danger.

currently rewatching it..it's his head, hitting the edge of the table on the way down

Your right but I looked at it like too tired old beat up gunman giving it every last drop before they go.
Oh yeah totally

It made perfect sense and was a great match. I was just comparing it to the other two as the narrative has always been like "how are they gonna top the last one?"

I think at Dominion they totally did but obviously it's a dead end goal to try and constantly outdo yourself, vs. just telling a different story

Heroman

Banned
tumblr_oukxiarNJi1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

mv03_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Foggy

currently rewatching it..it's his head, hitting the edge of the table on the way down

Don't know what to tell you, we're seeing two different things. The only thing that hits the table is Naito's left leg. Kenny's body doesn't react until they hit the floor. Kenny even grabs the wrong side of his head by accident and then switches afterward.

klonere

Banned
日本 Audio Wrestling‏ @jaudiowrestling

With KES returning, I think the video was for Simon Gotch.

This isn't based on anything but his frequent photos with Tanaka/Komatsu.

That uhhh, sure would be a thing.

Tall4Life

I mean Omega/Okada 3 was a 30 minute match that had to face the expectations of the first two, which were 60 minutes, nothing they could really do about that lol

I mean Omega/Okada 3 was a 30 minute match that had to face the expectations of the first two, which were 60 minutes, nothing they could really do about that lol
They don't need 60 minutes to match the first two. It's all about the style

Match 1 was all about the spectacle and huge spots/moments

Match 2 was all about the drama of two incredible competitors who just can't put the other one away

Match 3 was two broken men giving it everything they have left

I liked the third more than the first two I think.

The story of all three really built well into the third.
Exactly. There's a different appeal to it and it's a continuation

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Watching the G1 finals now.

Now that G1 is over someone in charge at NJPW needs to force Tanahashi to get that bicep fixed before he ruins it forever.

klonere

Banned
Let's take odds on how long before Gotch pisses Suzuki off and Suzuki legit knocks Gotch out.

He'll have been knocked out in locker rooms in two continents!

I'd imagine it'd happen a lot sooner too when most people travel on the same damn bus for a tour.

Watching the G1 finals now.

Now that G1 is over someone in charge at NJPW needs to force Tanahashi to get that bicep fixed before he ruins it forever.

tenor.gif

Hex

Banned
Simon Gotch in NJPW being a possibility.

But it is more than likely Jay White.

I sincerely believe that many people misunderstand how New Japan works.
Jay White has already wrestled on a couple New Japan shows through their partnership with ROH.
He doesn't have to , nor does that mean he is "going to new Japan"
Gotch will most likely go ROH also, it gives him the most options and he can do New Japan events.

klonere

Banned
Jay White has already wrestled on a couple New Japan shows through their partnership with ROH.
Gotch will most likely go ROH also, it gives him the most options and he can do New Japan events.

How fucking new do you think I am

Raw64life

Jay White is an NJPW guy. He's in ROH on an excursion, but he's NJPW property. And he's been on that excursion for over a year now. It's definitely about time.

Sanjuro

Maybe I haven't heard Emma's theme prior to this week, but again got to give props to converting an all-time top five worst theme into a top current one.

Hex

Banned
Jay White is with ROH as an excursion, no?

Jay White himself said his major focus and goals are entirely in New Japan.

Possibly, they were talking about him being in a faction in ROH that just got broken up or something. The last time was one of the Climax shows from Cali, I think it was day 2

klonere

Banned
I'm most shocked at how good the Ricohet/Taguchi vs Bucks match was for something that was completely thrown together.

Great, simple story, cool spots, fantastic selling, hot crowd and a satisfying finish!

Hex

Banned
I'm most shocked at how good the Ricohet/Taguchi vs Bucks match was for something that was completely thrown together.

Great, simple story, cool spots, fantastic selling, hot crowd and a satisfying finish!

Remember in cali when Ricochet showed up, he said that he and Taguchi will be challenging for the titles.
I will be honest I will be happy to see the belts off of the Bucks for a while even though I wish they were to Rappongi Vice.
(I will not even get into GoD vs War Machine yet again)

klonere

Banned
Remember in cali when Ricochet showed up, he said that he and Taguchi will be challenging for the titles.
I will be honest I will be happy to see the belts off of the Bucks for a while even though I wish they were to Rappongi Vice.
(I will not even get into GoD vs War Machine yet again)

I honestly forgot about that challenge made back then. Wrestling overload.

Pity about the heavyweight belts which seem to be booked badly on purpose.

Hex

Banned
Can't fucking stand Taguchi. Fuck him.

You know what, when Nakamura was still around and Tag was just ripping his mannerisms and being stupid about it I was the same way, but he has found his own thing and I give him huge credit in helping Juice get to where he is today and I think he will do great for some of the Young Lions too.

Top Bottom