• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

That Progress show sounds pretty brutal.
It was

I go to a lot of concerts and shit so the heat was unpleasant (and it was an unsafe environment with the overselling) but it really didn't kill my experience or anything. No one should have to deal with that sort of thing and it really sucks but I've been in that sort of thing before.... The difference being for bigger events you generally have medical staff on hand if there's a problem

If no one got injured I wouldn't have really had any complaints. I think we also had the benefit of being on the end of a row so we weren't in the middle of a mass of people

I had a similar feeling as when I went to Payback last year in Chicago. The show was great but Enzo getting concussed was really upsetting and put a dark cloud over the whole show, despite being pretty great.

Dunne being out before it even started was a major bummer but I think the way they handled it was brilliant. Address it right off the bat, Gallagher comes out and has some banter, and then he has a fantastic match while the crowd is hot off the start. Then it isn't treated like a "replacement main event" or anything

Show was a beautiful, memorable, dangerous mess. Lol.

I do think it's funny if people were defending it and calling people out for facts. Enjoy it all you want but there's no need to kid yourself, it was a mess. Marks

Las Cachorres Orientes and Manami Toyota and Toshiyo Yamada

4Ma8e2y.jpg

Thats awesome!

RBH

dolphziggler-1.png

Former WWE writer Kevin Eck recently appeared on Wade Keller's podcast and talked about how Baron Corbin needs to deliver in the match against John Cena at Summerslam. Eck recalled his time in WWE and discussed how talents are judged based on their performances with Cena:

”Cena will be very honest to his assessment of you. Dolph Ziggler's the first guy that comes to mind, when they had a singles program together, in the beginning, John was all for it. John wanted to work with Dolph. And they did the house show loop together and as the heel, the heel traditionally calls the matches and John was letting Dolph call the matches and he wasn't impressed."

”And apparently John gave his assessment to Vince of Dolph and I think that sort of played into Vince's thoughts already about Dolph and once that program ended it ended rather abruptly because Vince told us in a booking meeting one day: ‘God, I think we're doing a disservice to John, this is bringing John down' and so Dolph was moved out of that program."

For a second, I did too and I really liked his interviews in some of the network stuff but his tv stuff has been bad and the tweets have been burying him.

I wonder if Vince had plans around him change after he shat on soldier boy the other day

Pikma

Banned
Vince doesn't give a shit about social media tho, they basically have no rules for it, they can do and say whatever the fuck they want as long as they stay out of trouble. For example Big E shits on the product almost weekly and we've never heard of it getting him in trouble

Pikma

Banned
Apparently Juice, Kojima and Elgin will be touring with CMLL for a while starting this friday

For fuck's sake, give these guys a rest

Anth0ny

Apparently Juice, Kojima and Elgin will be touring with CMLL for a while starting this friday

For fuck's sake, give these guys a rest

And I think Naito and the rest of Los Ingoberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnables are doing something with ROH in Europe?

gotta stack that paper I guess

god dammit KO, why do you say things that make me appreciate you

It's sad seeing there are some fucking idiots tweeting at him saying he should be condemning BLM too and defending Trump.

But Owens and Zayn imo are basically the only two absolutely confirmed good men in wrestling.

Well probably Omega too.

Meltzer said today that he got to rewatch the Sasha/Bayley Brooklyn match while he was at the NXT live show Friday.

Said it was so good it would be a top 20 match in this year's G1.

For a second I thought I was going to have to be a Cody fan

But then I saw that almost all his previous (from the election season mostly) political comments were moderate both sides nonsense so now I don't feel the pressure.

I guess he gets some credit for saying something though here and maybe he's had an epiphany.

But fuck I need to stop looking because I'm sure I'll find someone I like who will disappoint me

Bronx-Man

Banned
Meltzer said today that he got to rewatch the Sasha/Bayley Brooklyn match while he was at the NXT live show Friday.

Goddamn right. Pitch-perfect match and a great sendoff of an era for NXT's women. One of my favorite WWE matches ever.

Anth0ny

As someone who is currently going through his top 20 matches of the G1, I can assure you that this is very high praise.

Basically any other year it would be a top 5 match of the year.

Top Bottom