• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

What are the deets on subbing to DDT Universe? How much, what is the cancellation policy, how often does new stuff get posted, is the website a pain in the ass, any English, etc.

What do I need to know about the service, basically.

Foggy

What are the deets on subbing to DDT Universe? How much, what is the cancellation policy, how often does new stuff get posted, is the website a pain in the ass, any English, etc.

What do I need to know about the service, basically.

It's 900 yen so it's about $8. Cancellation is easy, just use Chrome and let Google translate. Navigation is mostly easy, but it definitely has weird quirks like the login link being partially hidden behind a banner when you click the account icon(mobile issue). Otherwise I think it's easier to navigate than njpwworld with all sorts of tags. New stuff is posted all the time, especially since it comes with multiple sub-promotions including their version of NXT(DNA) and their joshi fed Tokyo Joshi Pro. Live streams work great but I think it could hog more bandwidth than njpwworld. No english subtitles or promos. First month could still be free but I have no idea if that's current. If you're logged in but a video player doesn't generate, click on the "contract" button, it means you cancelled or didn't renew. If you share your login or use multiple devices, there is a 5 device limit but you can remove devices yourself.

I think that's it?

It's 900 yen so it's about $8. Cancellation is easy, just use Chrome and let Google translate. Navigation is mostly easy, but it definitely has weird quirks like the login link being partially hidden behind a banner when you click the account icon(mobile issue). Otherwise I think it's easier to navigate than njpwworld with all sorts of tags. New stuff is posted all the time, especially since it comes with multiple sub-promotions including their version of NXT(DNA) and their joshi fed Tokyo Joshi Pro. Live streams work great but I think it could hog more bandwidth than njpwworld. No english subtitles or promos. First month could still be free but I have no idea if that's current. If you're logged in but a video player doesn't generate, click on the "contract" button, it means you cancelled or didn't renew. If you share your login or use multiple devices, there is a 5 device limit but you can remove devices yourself.

I think that's it?

Perfect. Thank you friend. How's their joshi fed? I know shamefully little about joshi.

Penguin

I have no idea why they keep going to that same arena every year for Summerslam

Same with the Rumble. Like why not do some crazy shit and have it in a big ass stadium and the rest in the normal arena

I am in agreement with you, but at the same time Barclays is like 20 mins from my place... so I'll take it as long as I can!

Mahonay

Banned
What I played of Sonic Mania at PAX East sure made it feel like a winner
Sounds like this could be the first Sonic I purchase since Sonic Adventure 1.

Re-buying Sonic 1 and 2 doesn't on the Xbox 360 doesn't count.

I was actually at this past PAX East but I didn't really end up playing games funnily enough. Just hung out with the GB community/mod crew that I usually hang with there.

Sounds like this could be the first Sonic I purchase since Sonic Adventure 1.

Re-buying Sonic 1 and 2 doesn't on the Xbox 360 doesn't count.

I was actually at this past PAX East but I didn't really end up playing hames funnily enough. Just hung out with the GB community/mod crew that I usually hang with there.

YOU LEFT ME HUNG OUT TO TRY IN SHIT-ASS SNOWY BOSTON!?

PAX was great because I skipped all the long line games and tried a shit-ton of indies/got a bunch of merch. Twich Prime lounge and coat check was GOAT too

Caring about Sonic in 2017

Caring about Robocop ever

Hex

Banned
I'm surprised they've never done a Coney Island theme for SummerSlam before.

*Nathan's Franks ™ and WWE 2K19 Bring you the biggest event of the Summer!
WWE's Summerslam 2018!! World Wrestling Entertainment is bringing carny back to the boardwalk like it has never been seen!
Over the weekend you can gorge yourself on WWE programming and meet and greets like you were Joey Chestnut!*

Draxal

I have no idea why they keep going to that same arena every year for Summerslam

Same with the Rumble. Like why not do some crazy shit and have it in a big ass stadium and the rest in the normal arena

1. Arena Deals, get a major discount if you do it semi annually/annually
2. NYC is WWE's home territory (although you might consider it florida now).
3. Brooklyn's Arena is newish, having new stadiums is great for the box office suites.
4. Nxt Brooklyn is now like Nxt Wrestlemania.

Mahonay

Banned
I am in agreement with you, but at the same time Barclays is like 20 mins from my place... so I'll take it as long as I can!
I've only gone to Barclays once for RAW, and holy fucking shit that place is poorly designed when it comes to the hallways/concession areas. I was on the second level, and at the end of the show getting everyone down a SINGLE tiny escalator was an insane nightmare. Just wall to wall people sardined in, barely moving. If a fire breaks out in that place everyone is going to die.
Sonic is wack
Well, yeah.

Sephzilla

And Sonic was better.

zgMXMHB.gif

You and Sonic have a lot in common, neither of you were champions!

jYtAA.gif

Mahonay

Banned
YOU LEFT ME HUNG OUT TO TRY IN SHIT-ASS SNOWY BOSTON!?

PAX was great because I skipped all the long line games and tried a shit-ton of indies/got a bunch of merch. Twich Prime lounge and coat check was GOAT too
Lol next year if I go to PAX East again we'll have to link up.

Penguin

I've only gone to Barclays once for RAW, and holy fucking shit that place is poorly designed when it comes to the hallways/concession areas. I was on the second level, and at the end of the show getting everyone down a SINGLE tiny escalator was an insane nightmare. Just wall to wall people sardined in, barely moving. If a fire breaks out in that place everyone is going to die.

Well, yeah.

Oh I honestly have no idea who designed the building

For an arena built in the past decade it is just poorly designed in so many aspects. Like you note, few ways to exit the building after an event w/o overcrowding. The seats are poorly aligned for hockey at various angles. WiFi is spotty

And then they went with the rustic look to make it appear old which I still don't get

I'm gonna kill my interest on wwe this weekend . going to takeover, summerslam, then with a friend to raw and smackdown. I'll probably sick of wwe until wrestlemania after that

Mahonay

Banned
Curtis posted this pic of his dad, or as I called him, "Mr. Permfect"
Holy shit he is young there.
Oh I honestly have no idea who designed the building

For an arena built in the past decade it is just poorly designed in so many aspects. Like you note, few ways to exit the building after an event w/o overcrowding. The seats are poorly aligned for hockey at various angles. WiFi is spotty

And then they went with the rustic look to make it appear old which I still don't get
It really does feel like an old piece of shit inside for something so modern. The futuristic looking outside of Barclays is a huge lie.

Penguin

I'm gonna kill my interest on wwe this weekend . going to takeover, summerslam, then with a friend to raw and smackdown. I'll probably sick of wwe until wrestlemania after that

Still trying to find cheap-ish tickets to SummerSlam, but also not in the mood to go since the card does nothing for me

Hasney

Still trying to find cheap-ish tickets to SummerSlam, but also not in the mood to go since the card does nothing for me

Big events are always fun live though. I haven't watched any WWE outside of recommended matches and Fashion Peaks and I'd still go if it was close by.

Hasney

TONIGHT MIDNIGHT!

THAT'S A NEW DAY YES IT IS.

In googling to make doubly sure, I found out that airlines don't schedule flights at exactly midnight for exactly this reason and it could confuse people.

Sonic is the Kane of video games. Cool when you are 10 but bad when you get older

Much like watching old Kane, playing old Sonic is still fun. If Kane could somehow be reborn like old Sonic in Mania, then I would welcome him back with open arms.

Bronx-Man

Banned
*Nathan's Franks ™ and WWE 2K19 Bring you the biggest event of the Summer!
WWE's Summerslam 2018!! World Wrestling Entertainment is bringing carny back to the boardwalk like it has never been seen!
Over the weekend you can gorge yourself on WWE programming and meet and greets like you were Joey Chestnut!*
Hell yes

Top Bottom