• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Mahonay

Banned
"Now see the thing with Seph is, uh, *cough* he, uh, he really wanted to get uh y'know The Professor over and he was gonna be the top babyface of the company. It was a pretty random decision, there were some people in the back that really thought DM was going to get the belt, and he would be like y'know, the grizzled veteran trying to prove he's still got it, that type of thing. *cough* But the thing is, Seph really wanted someone a bit younger, more of that y'know, that uh, that All-American type of babyface that you would see all around the territories, y'know like the NWA, AWA, WWF, Mid-South, that type of that thing."

"And it seems pretty obvious to anyone that watched last week that it wasn't the case!"

"Oh yeah, oh yeah. There was just....there was just no heat at all when the title switched hands"

"That's the understatement of the year. He was booed! This was supposed to the biggest moment of Prof. Beef's career and he got booed!"

"Yeah......yeah, you could hear the boos pretty clearly when his hand was raised. Seph was definitely mad about that when it happened, it.......seems.....pretty.....pretty obvious that's why the show was cut a little bit earlier than expected."

"This is supposed to be the new face of the company! He looked like a GEEK holding that title!"

"Yeah, I just don't think the whole Hulk Hogan style babyface really works in uh, two-thousand seventeen. Especially with how over Beefy was starting to get. Him and the New Nation, it's definitely y'know, it's like uh, y'know *cough* definitely a Bullet Club or Los Ingobernables thing they've got going on with them. Uhhhhhhhh, the match was fine though. It was decent, no big complaints. It's not G1 but uhhhhhhh like yeah, y'know?"
kobe-not-impressed.gif

miserable

you know, the japanese commentators made reference several times during G1 to "Darkside Tana". Now it makes sense. they knew it all along!

Sephzilla

Random Dr Who update. I'm a little ways into the first Matt Smith season. He seems fine as the Doctor but he's no Tennant so far. Also, man, the 5th season really feels like it was a complete reboot

Hex

Banned
That Ibushi/Omega video is the most soap opera shit and I love it.

It is so subtle though, and that is what is so great about it.
No stupid standing in the ring for 20 minutes promo, no 8 weeks of backstage 5 minute vignettes.
And it is stronger than any of that

Hex

Banned
Random Dr Who update. I'm a little ways into the first Matt Smith season. He seems fine as the Doctor but he's no Tennant so far. Also, man, the 5th season really feels like it was a complete reboot

I will be honest, I like Matt, I LOVE Amy and Rory and River... but with Matt the stories became to big. With Tennant they all wrapped back to Britain in some way most of the time giving them a certain feel and going deep space was a special thing.
With Matt the stories got grander and larger and more threaded through the seasons which kind of turned me off.
That being said, the Matt run was fantastic and had amazing episodes.
Out of the new 4 he was the weakest to me but that is the difference between 4.5 and 5 stars.

Sephzilla

I will be honest, I like Matt, I LOVE Amy and Rory and River... but with Matt the stories became to big. With Tennant they all wrapped back to Britain in some way most of the time giving them a certain feel and going deep space was a special thing.
With Matt the stories got grander and larger and more threaded through the seasons which kind of turned me off.
That being said, the Matt run was fantastic and had amazing episodes.
Out of the new 4 he was the weakest to me but that is the difference between 4.5 and 5 stars.

Matt seems so lively and joyous compared to Tennant, who always seemed to operate like the back of his mind was constantly reminding him of the past

Mahonay

Banned
Yooo what the hell. That Charlottesville racists losing their jobs thread was locked because they said it was inciting violence? WTF? We were all agreeing that Nazis should be fired from their jobs. And that you should defend yourself against nazism.

Locking these threads down is not going to stop people from being upset.

Draxal

Yooo what the hell. That Charlottesville racists losing their jobs thread was locked because they said it was inciting violence? WTF? We were all agreeing that Nazis should be fired from their jobs. And that you should defend yourself against nazism.

Um, the modnote was perfect? They thought the guy is trash but they can't condone doxxing at all.

Remember when they fucked up and got the wrong target for the Boston Bomber?

Sephzilla

Eh, I'd take that up with a mod and talk to them about it. WrassleGAF has gotten a warning or two about talking about moderation like that in here

Mahonay

Banned
Um, the modnote was perfect? They thought the guy is trash but they can't condone doxxing at all.
I'll agree that condoning doxxing is something you can't do.

At the same time, that was not what the majority of people were discussing in there. We were talking about employers being allowed to fire Nazis.

Either way, I'll drop it. Not my place.

It's gonna really suck for you guys when Omega orders the Bucks to ice Ibushi

Bullet Club will attack Ibushi on Tama or Cody's orders, claiming he was a distraction to Omega and that's why he lost the G1 - tensions rise and Omega thinks Cody's out to get him, they have a big disagreement and he orders the Bucks to fire Cody. Either they try to do so and then get got by GOD, or they instead turn on Kenny and fire him from Bullet Club.

Top Bottom