• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

I've been to PAX East like 5 times and it feels like the weather is almost always fucking miserable there that time of year. Worse than New York.

I wanted to do stuff the next day, went outside, and was met with the most miserable snow/wind combo I've ever seen

I hid inside an outdoor mall (my friend tricked me) and went to the airport 5 hours early just for warmth

Mahonay

Banned
I'm gonna kill my interest on wwe this weekend . going to takeover, summerslam, then with a friend to raw and smackdown. I'll probably sick of wwe until wrestlemania after that
I don't know if I could handle wrestling fans for that many days close together.

Even at the Progress show, the guys sitting behind Brian_FETO and I were just the fucking worst. The really obese basement dwelling sounding guy behind cheering loudly for heels and going "I CHEER FOR THE BAD GUYS, I'M A HEEL!". And then during the women's match him and his friend just talking about hot they are, obsessing over their asses, and saying how if they were the ref they would be coping a feel/molesting them. And yeah, dude definitely smelled too. Although it was insanely hot/humid in there.

Mahonay

Banned
I wanted to do stuff the next day, went outside, and was met with the most miserable snow/wind combo I've ever seen

I hid inside an outdoor mall (my friend tricked me) and went to the airport 5 hours early just for warmth
I kinda hate Boston in general. Just not my kind of town.

Last year I was lucky and just stayed with at my friend's house in Plymouth which was great. Getting away from that madness at the end of the night was awesome.

Penguin

Big events are always fun live though. I haven't watched any WWE outside of recommended matches and Fashion Peaks and I'd still go if it was close by.

I disagree to an extent

Because WWE has made their recent shows too long and become a slog

I was at WrestleMania last year and by the end I just wanted it to be over to go home. I remember Summerslam feeling slightly the same. And that was only like 5 hours!

Foggy

Perfect. Thank you friend. How's their joshi fed? I know shamefully little about joshi.

Not great. A couple promising young wrestlers worth following like Yuu, Reika Saiki, and Yuka Sakazaki. Most of it is cutesy, goofy stuff. It is a very young promotion with many young wrestlers getting experience so who knows what the future holds.

If subbing be sure to catch the DDT Peter Pan show this Sunday. Big event with everything being defended. Marufuji is showing up with HARASHIMA to terrorize Shigehiro Irie and bright young hoss Higuchi in what should be a great tag title match. Also the main event is a grudge match between their two future stars Tetsuya Endo and Konnosuke Takeshita. That match should be a match of the night. This show should give you the best idea if you enjoy the promotion

Beefy

I disagree to an extent

Because WWE has made their recent shows too long and become a slog

I was at WrestleMania last year and by the end I just wanted it to be over to go home. I remember Summerslam feeling slightly the same. And that was only like 5 hours!

6hrs this year

I'm gonna kill my interest on wwe this weekend . going to takeover, summerslam, then with a friend to raw and smackdown. I'll probably sick of wwe until wrestlemania after that
You won't. I did the same thing wrestlemania weekend and had lots of fun. Only problem was being drunk for nxt and the entire show felt like it flew by in 20 minutes. Had to rewatch it later on the WWE Network for 9.99!

Also sonic 1,2 and 3>robocop 1,2 and 3

I8nm1Gs.gif
I was trying to remember the original *stares disapprovingly" meme from this, and then it hit me, disappointed big Dave Batista staring a hole through HBK for daring to win his match at WM24.
Classic moment, why isn't there a gif?!

Sonic is the Kane of video games. Cool when you are 10 but bad when you get older

He's the Kane of videogames because he was the victim of bad booking for years but has longevity in spite of it.
Eternally over, your faves could never.

Bronx-Man

Banned
"Now see the thing with Seph is, uh, *cough* he, uh, he really wanted to get uh y'know The Professor over and he was gonna be the top babyface of the company. It was a pretty random decision, there were some people in the back that really thought DM was going to get the belt, and he would be like y'know, the grizzled veteran trying to prove he's still got it, that type of thing. *cough* But the thing is, Seph really wanted someone a bit younger, more of that y'know, that uh, that All-American type of babyface that you would see all around the territories, y'know like the NWA, AWA, WWF, Mid-South, that type of that thing."

"And it seems pretty obvious to anyone that watched last week that it wasn't the case!"

"Oh yeah, oh yeah. There was just....there was just no heat at all when the title switched hands"

"That's the understatement of the year. He was booed! This was supposed to the biggest moment of Prof. Beef's career and he got booed!"

"Yeah......yeah, you could hear the boos pretty clearly when his hand was raised. Seph was definitely mad about that when it happened, it.......seems.....pretty.....pretty obvious that's why the show was cut a little bit earlier than expected."

"This is supposed to be the new face of the company! He looked like a GEEK holding that title!"

"Yeah, I just don't think the whole Hulk Hogan style babyface really works in uh, two-thousand seventeen. Especially with how over Beefy was starting to get. Him and the New Nation, it's definitely y'know, it's like uh, y'know *cough* definitely a Bullet Club or Los Ingobernables thing they've got going on with them. Uhhhhhhhh, the match was fine though. It was decent, no big complaints. It's not G1 but uhhhhhhh like yeah, y'know?"

Anth0ny

"Now see the thing with Seph is, uh, *cough* he, uh, he really wanted to get uh y'know The Professor over and he was gonna be the top babyface of the company. It was a pretty random decision, there were some people in the back that really thought DM was going to get the belt, and he would be like y'know, the grizzled veteran trying to prove he's still got it, that type of thing. *cough* But the thing is, Seph really wanted someone a bit younger, more of that y'know, that uh, that All-American type of babyface that you would see all around the territories, y'know like the NWA, AWA, WWF, Mid-South, that type of that thing."

"And it seems pretty obvious to anyone that watched last week that it wasn't the case!"

"Oh yeah, oh yeah. There was just....there was just no heat at all when the title switched hands"

"That's the understatement of the year. He was booed! This was supposed to the biggest moment of Prof. Beef's career and he got booed!"

"Yeah......yeah, you could hear the boos pretty clearly when his hand was raised. Seph was definitely mad about that when it happened, it.......seems.....pretty.....pretty obvious that's why the show was cut a little bit earlier than expected."

"This is supposed to be the new face of the company! He looked like a GEEK holding that title!"

"Yeah, I just don't think the whole Hulk Hogan style babyface really works in uh, two-thousand seventeen. Especially with how over Beefy was starting to get. Him and the New Nation, it's definitely y'know, it's like uh, y'know *cough* definitely a Bullet Club or Los Ingobernables thing they've got going on with them. Uhhhhhhhh, the match was fine though. It was decent, no big complaints. It's not G1 but uhhhhhhh like yeah, y'know?"

I know what you did here, and I appreciate it.

Top Bottom