• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

imBask

Banned
2015 Sephzilla was kinda on point

I don't doubt that Balor is making good money in NXT and I imagine Balor will be called up within a year. I'm still worried Vince is going to ruin Balor's "demon form" though. If I was running the main roster here's probably what I would do in order to get Demon Balor over though.

Have him debut around SummerSlam time and have him stay as normal Balor until Royal Rumble. Have him find out he drew either #1 or #2 for the Royal Rumble and say that he needs dig deeper to pull out a win. Then debut Demon Balor at the Rumble and have him win.

Sephzilla

2015 Sephzilla was kinda on point

My Demon debut would have been way more hype than Seth screaming DEMON KING for 5 minutes

Demon was already ruined with the headdress

you were already ruined with the headdress!

KMGJBnt.gif

Sephzilla

The whole demon thing would have been awesome if he only busted it out like once or twice a year, it wasn't expected beforehand, and had a different finisher and personality with it. Even in NXT, he was using the demon too much

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dont make me dig up the first Takeover he did the entrance at, because I bet there would be a lot of familiar faces there marking out over that entrance.

imBask

Banned
dont make me dig up the first Takeover he did the entrance at, because I bet there would be a lot of familiar faces there marking out over that entrance.

oh I just went through them, I can already tell you there were about 50 posts of "best entrance of the year"

i'm not gonna point any fingers tho

also half a moon and OwensIsNow weren't born back then

Hex

Banned
Fuck Demon King and his stupid headdress

Let's be real, it is probably time for a new action figure line refresh plus it is nearly Halloween costume marketing time so they have to put Demon Balor out there again to push sales.
His costume will sell like crazy, the mop head will sell and then he will be shelved again for a while.
Think larger picture, merch and timing.

imBask

Banned
WWE represents wrestling for most people, and i'ts garbage. Most people don't want to watch wrestling they wanna watch the show they always loved and want it to be good

it's just semantics

Draxal

to be honest, i'm pretty lukewarm about workrate these days.

Watching Meltzer flipflop between loving the G1 and then complaining about how the wrestlers are injured is all silly to me.

edit. Benoit's death really soured me on being a pure workrate fan.

Foggy

Wrestling and injuries go hand in hand. You might as well be watching good wrestling.

Man, there are much more provocative things you can lay at the foot of Benoit's death ahead of workrate.

Draxal

Wrestling and injuries go hand in hand. You might as well be watching good wrestling.

Man, there are much more provocative things you can lay at the foot of Benoit's death ahead of workrate.

Benoit is 100% a result of CTE but he was easily the best worker in the 90s in the west.

I've said in the past that watching the documentary about Foley's wife watching Rock nail him in the head a billion times in the head, chased me away from the WWE earlier, and Benoit's death kept me away even further.

I'm not condemning anyone for watching NJPW, its just I find Meltzer hilarious in that regard.

The nerds in this channel turned on Balor and his demon transformation. Can't say I'm surprised. Why would you not advertise this for SummerSlam? Makes sense to.

Heroman

Banned
Benoit is 100% a result of CTE but he was easily the best worker in the 90s in the west.

I've said in the past that watching the documentary about Foley's wife watching Rock nail him in the head a billion times in the head, chased me away from the WWE earlier.

I'm not condemning anyone for watching NJPW, its just I find Meltzer hilarious in that regard.
Yeah no, there is a whole Generation of wreslter and athletes who have or had CTE and none of them did anything close to what Benoit did. Did it play a part in it sure but to say it was the causes I doubt it.

And to Dave point, that how he just how he is.

Bronx-Man

Banned
In a year, Balor went from first-ever Universal Champion to jobbing to Bray Wyatt clean. If it weren't for all the BALOR CLUB merch WWE keeps pumping out, he'd be Irish Bayley.

Top Bottom