• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Reposting from the Takeover OT.

This took me forever... I was going to use Game of Thrones but this was easier and still how I felt.

yZZfOQl.gif

Now that Asuka is victorious, I want to repost this:

RIP Bliss

I hope she's going to Smackdown, aside from Sasha, Raw is pretty much all rematches from NXT for her. Ember would make some sense going to Raw Monday if they're going to play up the eclipse deal.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was 5 for 5 in Takeover predictions

"wow Rhaknar why u brag so much"

Not a brag, just easy to predict when the booker isnt a senile old man and people are booked strongly.

Almas needed a big win. Gargano is super mega over, he doesnt need no wins.

Sanity were long over due for the titles, plus they are a 4 man stable, so AoP still look strong because of all the shenanigans involved.

Black is the next big thing, he will continue to be undefeated, you dont fuck that up for no reason (unless youre vince). Itami also needed a win, but he still looked strong in the end (especially with how stiff it was), as the black mass is super protected. To be fair this one was the hardest but I still think they pulled it off, I dont think Itami came off badly (he dos need win badly tho)

Asuka retains because at this point its pointless to break her streak. Ember still looked super strong, as proven by the crowd.

Drew gets the title because Roode has done all hes going to do in NXT. Its probably a short throwaway match to give Roddy his win and then off to purgatory for Roode.

Its all logical and everyone looks good. It's not fucking rocket science this wrestling thing.

Toki767

I'll be pretty sad if Asuka goes to the main roster undefeated.

Not because she needs to lose in NXT.

But because I know she probably won't last 6 months being undefeated on the main roster let alone 2+ years.

Anth0ny

I was 5 for 5 in Takeover predictions

"wow Rhaknar why u brag so much"

Not a brag, just easy to predict when the booker isnt a senile old man and people are booked strongly.

Almas needed a big win. Gargano is super mega over, he doesnt need no wins.

Sanity were long over due for the titles, plus they are a 4 man stable, so AoP still look strong because of all the shenanigans involved.

Black is the next big thing, he will continue to be undefeated, you dont fuck that up for no reason (unless youre vince). Itami also needed a win, but he still looked strong in the end (especially with how stiff it was), as the black mass is super protected. To be fair this one was the hardest but I still think they pulled it off, I dont think Itami came off badly (he dos need win badly tho)

Asuka retains because at this point its pointless to break her streak. Ember still looked super strong, as proven by the crowd.

Drew gets the title because Roode has done all hes going to do in NXT. Its probably a short throwaway match to give Roddy his win and then off to purgatory for Roode.

Its all logical and everyone looks good. It's not fucking rocket science this wrestling thing.

yep. same story with the G1. I was predicting Naito vs Omega in the finals from the start with Naito going over. what matters is HOW you get there, and new japan and nxt deliver with great/fun matches.

not just randomly doing random shit to "surprise" people at the whim of an old racist man

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
only in DDT a ref could get sexually assaulted in the ring and everyone is ok with it.

I'll be pretty sad if Asuka goes to the main roster undefeated.

Not because she needs to lose in NXT.

But because I know she probably won't last 6 months being undefeated on the main roster let alone 2+ years.
I'd give it six weeks, maybe two months, especially if she's on Raw.

Toki767

It still seems crazy to me that the two members of 3MB who got fired because they were deemed as expendable got re-hired and are now the NXT and WWE champions.

At least Drew worked his ass off to get to where he is now. I really don't think it's a good idea for commentary to keep calling him the Chosen One because it's exactly how it comes across and that is a heel nickname.

Forkball

Eurogamer has an article about game collectors, including Asuka

Meanwhile, over in Japan, longtime Osakan collector Kanako Urai shows off pictures via email of her Famicom Power Glove, a proud piece in her collection. She is better known as the WWE wrestler Asuka; currently the WWE NXT Women's Champion, she has actually appeared as herself in video games such as WWE 16 and WWE 17.

Asuka has talked proudly on Twitter of her game collection, which currently stands at over 5000 titles, and has also done some freelance work as a games journalist. Her collection spreads across a large number of consoles as well as some arcade systems, and she has expressed interest in collecting pinball machines in future. Like many Japanese kids of her era, her love started with the Famicom, bought for her and her older brother by her grandfather.

In particular, she developed a fondness for a certain Italian plumber, citing her first encounters with Mario as the meeting that sparked the love in her heart for gaming. She would often choose to come home to play with her Mario games rather than play in the playground.

"Have you experienced love at first sight?" she asks. "A moustached guy with a red hat and overalls running around? When I saw him kicking turtles and mushrooms, that lit fire in the heart of young, pure Asuka. I woke up early (even though waking up early was not my thing) to see that moustached guy."

Asuka says that she finds it hard to pick a favourite system; while she admits that each console has its pros and cons, her love for gaming is indiscriminate.

"For example, Xbox and Xbox 360 are great systems," she explains, "but I cannot agree with their digital D-pad. That said, do you think my love for Xbox would be broken because of it? As a cowboy does rodeo, I can do rodeo with my thumb full of love on D-pad, and things are fine. Also, the noises that come out of the Dreamcast's drive are often very disturbing. Again, would that break my love? I have things called earplugs and can pretend like I hear nothing with love. So there is no hardware war for me."

Like Linsey, Kaitila and Hancock, Asuka currently has so many games that she doesn't have time to get through them all, but still refers to her games as her 'loved ones'. She occasionally has to put some of her games in storage, but believes they will always be there waiting for her as long as she owns them. She says that reaction to her collection is generally positive.

"Probably 70 percent of people think positively such as 'Great!', or 'I love it!', while 30 percent think negatively such as 'I don't understand', or 'I don't like it'," she explains. "From my past experiences, everything falls to 70 percent and 30 percent. I know the percentage of sea versus land on earth is 70 percent and 30 percent, so that number might be the magic of earth."

They should find a way to put the Universal title on Slater tomorrow just so each of the 3MB is holding a brand's biggest title.

2617354-9609567395-3MB.g.gif

They absolutely shouldn't but I just noticed that two of them do now

Forkball

They should find a way to put the Universal title on Slater tomorrow just so each of the 3MB is holding a brand's biggest title.

2617354-9609567395-3MB.g.gif

They absolutely shouldn't but I just noticed that two of them do now

Current titles held by 3MB: 2
Current titles held by The Shield: 0

Zach

It still seems crazy to me that the two members of 3MB who got fired because they were deemed as expendable got re-hired and are now the NXT and WWE champions.

At least Drew worked his ass off to get to where he is now. I really don't think it's a good idea for commentary to keep calling him the Chosen One because it's exactly how it comes across and that is a heel nickname.
Someone in WWE is being called the CH-CH-CHOSEN ONE?!

Top Bottom