• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

If there's one thing wrestling fans are 99% always pure marks for it's a spooky gimmick, she'd be fine in The Big Leagues.

I find the Ember Moon hate boner some people have a bit weird, she's a rubbish promo but other than that I have no issue with her. People seem to act like she's Aksana or some shit.

Foggy

Catching up on NXT right now and I'm sorry to say that what was left of JR's ability isn't there anymore. It's just not there.

Remember when Cesaro was a Paul Heyman guy? He would come out on a robe every week and goofily smile as Heyman rambled on about Lesnar, who wasn't even there.

Foggy

Ember Moon really does need a gimmick reset. There are like 4 competing aspects that don't work well together. Not that this is an original thought, but yeah.

Long time no see, wrassleGAF I was at ROH on Friday, got my leg signed by.

Naito
The Young Bucks
Cody
KUSHIDA
Marty Scurll
Dalton Castle
Jay Lethal

Also met

Sanada
Hiromu w/Daryl
EVIL
Liger

Prepping a pic dump, be back in a while.

Beefy

Was Sandow even worse outside of WWE? Didn't stay current with his run at TNA.

His 'gimmick' was him transitioning into a woman... he would act more and more weird and camp gay every few months. Even wore make up and a skirt etc. So very transphobic

WigglyFragrantCondor.gif

Are you trying to say the shoulder is a work?

nrtxgMB.jpg

dream

His 'gimmick' was him transitioning into a woman... he would act more and more weird and gay every few months. Even wore make up and a skirt etc. So very transphobic

How does one "act gay?"

And I think his character was more Liberace than anything approaching a transgender gimmick.

Foggy

That was definitely Asuka's best match and the best women's match since the 4 horsewomen left. What a shame they buried Ember.

Only hope is that Asuka does the job for the winner of the MYC, otherwise, her first loss is going to be such a waste.

Beefy

How does one "act gay?"

And I think his character was more Liberace than anything approaching a transgender gimmick.

You think wrong then.

Gay as in camp gay, over the top hand movements and the over the top movements etc. I have a gay friend who is like it

But then you aren't really looking for a reply.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
His 'gimmick' was him transitioning into a woman... he would act more and more weird and gay every few months. Even wore make up and a skirt etc. So very transphobic

Damn. Had no idea. Has he done anything since leaving? Seems like a few others aren't doing much either such as Ryback and Barrett.

Beefy

Damn. Had no idea. Has he done anything since leaving? Seems like a few others aren't doing much either such as Ryback and Barrett.

Barrett is doing matches here and there, but mostly chilling and doing shit films.

Ryback has gone full insane racist. Who comments on all his products saying how good they are (under a different name obviously).

Not heard anything about Sandow

Ryback still does indy shows every now and then, but is mainly on Twitter promoting his brand and recently put his foot in his mouth regarding India.

Pikma

Banned
Ember Moon really does need a gimmick reset. There are like 4 competing aspects that don't work well together. Not that this is an original thought, but yeah.
Been saying this since like her second match on NXT TV, that smiling and the hand pose is the first thing that needs to fucking go away

Pikma

Banned
Barrett is doing matches here and there, but mostly chilling and doing shit films.

Ryback has gone full insane racist. Who comments on all his products saying how good they are (under a different name obviously).

Hahaha almost forgot about those Amazon reviews

dream

You think wrong then.

Gay as in camp gay, over the top hand movements and the over the top movements etc. I have a gay friend who is like it

But then you aren't really looking for a reply.
I'm glad that you have a gay friend, but I don't think you can generalize homosexuality like that.

Aron Rex was flamboyant, in the same way that Exotic Adrian Street and Gorgeous George were flamboyant. neither of those were gay characters, and I don't think Aron Rex was either, unless you think there's a direct correlation between exaggerated movements and homosexuality.

Beefy

I'm glad that you have a gay friend, but I don't think you can generalize homosexuality like that.

Aron Rex was flamboyant, in the same way that Exotic Adrian Street and Gorgeous George were flamboyant. neither of those were gay characters, and I don't think Aron Rex was either, unless you think there's a direct correlation between exaggerated movements and homosexuality.

Having been a bi guy up to very recently and been in and around the gay scene, camp gay men is a thing. Camp gay men even call themselves camp, it isn't generalizing it is a fact. Camp gays have far different movements then flamboyant straight men. Aron was taking the piss out of transexuals and gay people with a transitioning gimmick by using movements and make up etc. He even had his partner dress up in PVC shit. It is a well know trope in TV to take the piss out of overly camp gay people.

Nice try and trying to label me homophobe tho

Cosmozone

[Evil boss voice] "You'll never find work as a wrestler sports entertainer again!"

About Cesaro, he always made the impression of being a bit goofy but genuine to me. Ember feels more forced.

dream

Having been a bi guy up to very recently and been in and around the gay scene, camp gays is a thing. Camp gays even call themselves camp, it isn't generalizing it is a fact.
I've read my Sontag and Butler, fam. Camp is not necessarily an indicator of queerness.

In all the time Aron Rex played this gimmick, has there ever been any suggestion that his character was attracted to men?

Egg0

Banned

Woah I know Ryback said some sexist shit about the women wrestlers recently and shilling his own products in their reviews (lmao), but what else did he do?

Pikma

Banned
Woah I know Ryback said some sexist shit about the women wrestlers recently and shilling his own products in their reviews (lmao), but what else did he do?
He said some awful shit about India and it's people, made fun of them basically

Menome

As I still have Sandow on Twitter: He's stated that he's currently retired from wrestling and appears to be aiming for an acting career.

Top Bottom