• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

miserable

Lol people in the TakeOver thread calling me names because I said I couldn't wait for Vince to die

This happened in here years ago, someone said the same thing and Sunny Mac and his cliq ganged up on the guy. Yet when strobogo wished Hogan would die, nobody said anything to him. And before Beefy and others get their panties in a bunch, this was many years ago before the Hogan tapes, when strobogo used to post his reviews in the thread.

shaowebb

HOLY SHIT DINO TOOK OVER DDT!
WMGBVkf.gif

Same Dino?

Beefy

This happened in here years ago, someone said the same thing and Sunny Mac and his cliq ganged up on the guy. Yet when strobogo wished Hogan would die, nobody said anything to him. And before Beefy and others get their panties in a bunch, this was many years ago before the Hogan tapes, when strobogo used to post his reviews in the thread.

I don't wear panties

Cosmozone

Damn, Asuka really won. Kudos to HHH for doing the right thing. Although it's extremely likely now that she will be called up, I'm still not 100% sure. Especially because of that Ember sendoff bit after the match. Eventually both? IMO Ember is salvageable with the cosplay gimmick. Gaining energy and being more extroverted by playing someone else is what cosplay is about, after all. Would be difficult though, so I fear it won't happen. :( They other way round, her being a real werewolf or something would be probably easier by not letting her talk much at all, but that ship has sailed.

That video game collector's article linked from a couple of pages back is great BTW.

Edit: Asuka's hat looked ridiculous. And the new entrance graphics and font are worse than the old one. Extreme main roster call up foreshadowing.

Tell that to Cesaro.

Tell him what?

Why do you think the ceiling is tag champ and underpushed mid card champ despite having main event in ring ability.

There's no tag champ, mid card title level for the women.

Also Cesaro has a much better grasp on his character and is better on the mic than Ember

Tell him what?

Why do you think the ceiling is tag champ and underpushed mid card champ despite having main event in ring ability.

There's no tag champ, mid card title level for the women.

Also Cesaro has a much better grasp on his character and is better on the mic than Ember

He got over to a main event level around WM 30. He would have been a main event guy had they pushed him right. In spite of him having no talking ability. And sure, his character is better, but he's awful on the mic cutting promos just like Ember is.

Bobby Roode has been so boring on NXT. I hope he moves to the main roster, and gets buried forever immediately.

Roode is the only guy other than Zayn to get excellent matches out of this version of Nakamura that doesn't try too hard.

Both of their matches were excellent.

He's got a phenomenal grasp on his character and he's one of the best mic workers in the company.

Dude wrestlers an Arn Anderson/Tully Blanchard style and unlike HHH he actually knows how to do it.

Lol people in the TakeOver thread calling me names because I said I couldn't wait for Vince to die

Someone defended Vince because he was "wrestling fucking royalty" hahahaha

You are taking wrestling too seriously if you are wishing for a man to die.

And he is on the Mount Rushmore of wrestling. Wrestling is what it is today because of him.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
After McIntyre and Mahal returned to WWE, who should be next to return to have the rocket attached to their back?

Wade Barrett?
Juice Robinson?
Damien Sandow? ( Dude would be over in NXT, what is he doing now?)
Gabriel, Bourne for 205?
What ever happened to Ezekial Jackson after his character was killed off in Lucha?

Beefy

After McIntyre and Mahal returned to WWE, who should be next to return to have the rocket attached to their back?

Wade Barrett?
Juice Robinson?
Gabriel, Bourne for 205?
What ever happened to Ezekial Jackson after his character was killed off in Lucha?

Sandow deserves to never wrestle again

Wade Barrett?
Juice Robinson?
Gabriel, Bourne for 205?

Out of that list, it is Juice.

He's that underdog babyface they have been trying to achieve with Zayn.

He got over to a main event level around WM 30. He would have been a main event guy had they pushed him right. In spite of him having no talking ability. And sure, his character is better, but he's awful on the mic cutting promos just like Ember is.

And yet they didn't run with him for even a second...

His gimmick was also literally that he's a wrestling machine. That's not Ember's... and probably will never be.

And Cesaro doesn't make me cringe when he talks like Ember does. He's way better at it than she is, especially understanding his character.

Beefy

His gimmick was also literally that he's a wrestling machine. That's not Ember's... and probably will never be.

And Cesaro doesn't make me cringe when he talks like Ember does. He's way better at it than she is, especially understanding her

On the next NXT, Ember walks out into empty stadium and moans about what could have been hers.

Wade Barrett?
Juice Robinson?
Gabriel, Bourne for 205?

None of these people.
Sandow should never wrestle and Juice should stay in NJPW.

Cesaro should never be used as a case for optimism for workrate talent

And Cesaro doesn't make me cringe when he talks like Ember does. He's way better at it than she is, especially understanding her

I'm less looking at how they actually used him and more as how a character who is a great worker but weak talker can get over. Sure, they didn't run with Cesaro, but they could have. That's my point.

And with a limited amount of talent in that women's division, especially with the brand split being what it is, Ember will stand out more for her work.

If Corbin wins people will say "oh look he's not buried", ignoring that

1) Cena's gone again soon anyway, but most importantly

2) Cena has to lose seven times at Summerslam to atone for the Nexus. This will be loss #7 since

Sandow is proof that sometimes (often, tbh) the internet just doesn't know when a wrestler has "it."

Maybe it's because I listen to Meteora on a daily basis, but Ember's promos are perfectly understandable. Cesaro makes me cringe just by him opening his stupid mouth.

So far Naito is the most over man at the Edinburgh Fringe.

Crowd is what you'd expect from a Scottish RoH show. Poor Kushida got Kenny William'd, crowd wanted Bully Ray to put a kid through a table and agreed that 'we are fickle'.

dream

Roode is the only guy other than Zayn to get excellent matches out of this version of Nakamura that doesn't try too hard.

Both of their matches were excellent.

He's got a phenomenal grasp on his character and he's one of the best mic workers in the company.

Dude wrestlers an Arn Anderson/Tully Blanchard style and unlike HHH he actually knows how to do it.

I agree wholeheartedly. What a world we live in when Team Canada's Bobby Roode is carrying the "King of Strong Style."

Foggy

I'm less looking at how they actually used him and more as how a character who is a great worker but weak talker can get over. Sure, they didn't run with Cesaro, but they could have. That's my point.

And with a limited amount of talent in that women's division, especially with the brand split being what it is, Ember will stand out more for her work.

The limited amount of talent and the lack of a midcard is what's going to doom her. Cesaro had a midcard to retreat to and she doesn't. She'll either be in the hell of multiway title shots or randomly showing up to job to Bliss.

The limited amount of talent and the lack of a midcard is what's going to doom her. Cesaro had a midcard to retreat to and she doesn't. She'll either be in the hell of multiway title shots or randomly showing up to job to Bliss.

I just disagree, I guess. I think she's gonna get over on the main roster.

I feel like people were saying the same thing last year about how Finn was boring and wouldn't get over, then he showed up and has consistently been one of the most over guys on the show, even before he won the title. She's not him, but she carries a lot of the same qualities (cool entrance, carries herself well, wrestles exceptionally, and will probably be pushed heavily on debut).

Top Bottom