• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Mahonay

Banned
You'll keep watching, so what's the point?
latest

Mahonay

Banned
They should merge the IC belt with the Cruiserweight belt. Then throw it in a fire live on TV, as it melts just a close up of Vince's face laughing.

Asuka is impossible as a heel. The crowd will turn Sasha.

Man I'd be sad as a Bliss mark but she's basically lost all her mic time after This is Your Life even though that wasn't her fault.

But still kinda bummed Bliss' run is over just like that.

I agree she's an impossible heel, but if there's any hope whatsoever for it, it's against Sasha or Becky who are the two most over faces on the main roster.

Foggy

I haven't had the Network for about 8 months and I haven't had KFC lately and I've never had Diet Mountain Dew. The machine is pretty successfully raged against.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Theyre not getting your money, but they're still getting you to spend your time and watch the product? So they're wasting your time and you continue to watch?

I'm glad you care so much about how I spend my spare time. It's nice to know you care.
t5ntXni.png

Anth0ny

Note to WWE: no one wants to watch 6+ hours of wrestling straight

I have a feeling they're going to start splitting the big 4 into 2 nights.

friday: nxt
sat: ppv part 1 (raw)
sun: ppv part 2 (sd)
mon: raw
tues: smackdown

they'll just try to milk the diehard fans for everything they're worth over those 5 days

I have a feeling they're going to start splitting the big 4 into 2 nights.

friday: nxt
sat: ppv part 1 (raw)
sun: ppv part 2 (sd)
mon: raw
tues: smackdown

they'll just try to milk the diehard fans for everything they're worth over those 5 days

It's already not really working at four days.

I think Kairi, Dakota Kai and Toni Storm will end up being the long term fan favorites coming out of the MYC. Alpha Female too if she ends up signing. I just hope they dont fuck it all up.

Cena vs Nak could have headlined a show like this. I wonder why they had Cena put him over just for him to lose to Mahal.

I wonder if the Indian audience feels like their intelligence is insulted from what I hear of their localized commentary.

Between Smackdown and Raw she's been champion for 8 months. It's fine.

Yeah true just that she's so over and I love her so much that I worry she's gonna get the same treatment Becky and Charlotte have been post shakeup now that she's titleless.

But I'm just overreacting cause I'm a huge Bliss mark lol.

The fellow competing in front of this packed crowd.

DHtE9M9UIAAS_aQ.jpg:large

No. Really. That's how full it was during his match.

That shit should NEVER happen. If they are having an issue getting people into the building, you cancel or postpone the match. That is ridiculous and embarrassing

Rimfya

Banned
6 weeks ago I almost booked tickets to fly to NY (from Aus) to coincide with SS, bullet dodged! I unsubbed weeks ago and haven't looked back.

SummerSlam overall was a really great show.

My matches of the night were:
New Day vs Usos
Dean/Seth vs Cesaro/Sheamus
Roman vs Braun vs Joe vs Brock

I watched the show with friends who don't watch wrestling at all unless we all hang out and watch it. I usually watch the big 4 with them since I know that's when wwe puts on the best shows.

During the Show vs Cass match, all three of my friends were on their phones. One even fell asleep. Shows how awful that match was.

My friends liked:
Orton beating Rusev with the RKO in seconds.
Dean/Seth vs Cesaro/Sheamus, they really got into this match.
Roman vs Braun vs Joe vs Brock, spot of the night for my friends was the two slams onto the table then Braun lifting the last table onto Brock.

Man, fucking magical event. Watching 10 minutes of Okada/Omega then seeing here that it's actually been 40 mins.

Its crazy. All of their matches feel like half the time they actually are.

There have been a lot of great, long matches in NJPW this year.

Also Takeover = Peter Pan>>>>>>>>>SS

daemissary

Yeah true just that she's so over and I love her so much that I worry she's gonna get the same treatment Becky and Charlotte have been post shakeup now that she's titleless.

But I'm just overreacting cause I'm a huge Bliss mark lol.

Bliss is awesome and she got the No Mercy promo spot, I think she'll be fine.

Pikma

Banned
I think Kairi, Dakota Kai and Toni Storm will end up being the long term fan favorites coming out of the MYC. Alpha Female too if she ends up signing. I just hope they dont fuck it all up.

Cena vs Nak could have headlined a show like this. I wonder why they had Cena put him over just for him to lose to Mahal.

I wonder if the Indian audience feels like their intelligence is insulted from what I hear of their localized commentary.
Apparently that could have been the plan but it changed last minute, like most of the booking on the card

Neville wasn't supposed to win back the title either, Naomi was supposed to keep the title for a while longer, Jason Jordan was supposed to get the rub, New Day were expected to retain, Alexa Bliss was also supposed to beat Sasha, etc.

Vince has been doing these nonsense late minute booking changes for a while now, if it's for the HEAT or if it's because he finally lost what he had left of his mind who knows

Whatever it is the booking is atrocious and I'm glad I didn't waste more than 20 minutes watching that thing.

Bliss is awesome and she got the No Mercy promo spot, I think she'll be fine.

Yeah I know. Again just a huge mark who didn't want her to ever lose the title lol.

Man WWE is weird all my fav wrestlers there are mostly based on promo skills whereas NJPW is almost entirely about workrate. It's probably actually why I can enjoy WWE still lol.

Apparently that could have been the plan but it changed last minute, like most of the booking on the card

Neville wasn't supposed to win back the title either, Naomi was supposed to keep the title for a while longer, Jason Jordan was supposed to get the rub, New Day were expected to retain, Alexa Bliss was also supposed to beat Sasha, etc.

Vince has been doing these nonsense late minute booking changes for a while now, if it's for the HEAT or if it's because he finally lost what he had left of his mind who knows

Whatever it is the booking is atrocious and I'm glad I didn't waste more than 20 minutes watching that thing.
See, whatcha dont unduhstayand is, to make money and draw dimes, ya gotta work the smarks.

cordy

Banned
K7fb83u.gif

Rollins has been happy throughout this entire angle and he looks to be back to how he used to be in the Shield. Just enthusiastic, excited, full of life. It's also making him into a bigger babyface. This was a smart plan for both guys.

GunBR

Bayley already got more boos than cheers when she showed up during 5 seconds tonight
If they don't change anything about her character and/or booking in 6 months she's gonna have the same heat that Roman has

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bayley already got more boos than cheers when she showed up during 5 seconds tonight
If they don't change anything about her character and/or booking in 6 months she's gonna have the same heat that Roman has

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT

Toki767

K7fb83u.gif

Rollins has been happy throughout this entire angle and he looks to be back to how he used to be in the Shield. Just enthusiastic, excited, full of life. It's also making him into a bigger babyface. This was a smart plan for both guys.

Rollins is probably just happy to be a champion again.

He hasn't been one for over a year.

She's fucked because unlike Reigns she certainly can't talk her away out of it by leaning into it... and she doesn't have his knack for putting on reliably good matches either.

GunBR

Now I'm curious to see if the burial of Corbin will continue tuesday.

They can make him lose clean in a 2 min match against Mojo or Tye, or just let Cena destroy him in a promo

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so apparently Cena was being a dick and overall just looked like the match was uninteresting / beneath him too? I missed that one until the finish came.

Top Bottom