• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

cordy

Banned
Rollins is probably just happy to be a champion again.

He hasn't been one for over a year.

Damn it's been so long it's easy to forget.
so apparently Cena was being a dick and overall just looked like the match was uninteresting / beneath him too? I missed that one until the finish came.

Yeah Cena was clowning him and putting on JBL's hat too. What really makes it look as a true burial is when Cena did the 1 AA to beat Corbin. He had him on his shoulders for a while before slamming him down, like he was looking at the camera a bit before he hit the move.

That's when you really know Cena's on some shit lol. He did the same shit he did to the Wyatts after that Lesnar loss. Just stunting on him.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
so apparently Cena was being a dick and overall just looked like the match was uninteresting / beneath him too? I missed that one until the finish came.

Yea he'd stop wrestling randomly, leave the ring and play with JBLs hat among other things. It was a really pointless match.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
btw if there is more to it than "Corbin was a dick on twitter" fine, but if not, that is really shitty. We lol because we (well, "we") dont like Corbin, but KO is a dick on twitter, if they did the same to him, peeps would be mad.

So I have to guess its more to it than just the twitter thing, but then again... what exactly has Rusev done that we know of besides marrying a beautiful lady?

GunBR

Damn it's been so long it's easy to forget.

Yeah Cena was clowning him and putting on JBL's hat too. What really makes it look as a true burial is when Cena did the 1 AA to beat Corbin. He had him on his shoulders for a while before slamming him down, like he was looking at the camera a bit before he hit the move.

That's when you really know Cena's on some shit lol. He did the same shit he did to the Wyatts after that Lesnar loss. Just stunting on him.
Cena was enjoying the moment
The last time he buried someone was Rusev at 2015 Mania
(and at the 2 pay per views after that)

Pikma

Banned
And here, my friends, we can see one of the earliest attemps at getting HEAT, altough the dumbass who did it probably thought he'd get cheered

vAD_-EiPh3xN10f-UF_psSZ1KhnU-ai5OscLiVVTxoQIpmIvN2Q8rWmYQaJhtKREk4IBZCJu=w320-h240-nc

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He also cut his hair

he was being burried long before he cut his hair.

wait Im not sure if you were being serious or not... how sad is that.

edit: btw cant hate on Lesnar tonight, dude earned his money by being tossed around and destroyed all over the place.

I missed Cena apparently yelling to Corbin "they arent chanting for you" during a Lets go Cena/Cena sucks chant.

I wonder what else is going on backstage.

Pikma

Banned
Cagesideseats listing these names as possible call ups

Authors of Pain, Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, Hideo Itami and No Way Jose.

Completely sourceless as always and could not find where they got it from so unless Meltz said it somewhere take it with a grain of salt.

Toki767

Completely sourceless as always and could not find where they got it from so unless Meltz said it somewhere take it with a grain of salt.

Itami just started showing so much more personality as a heel in his match against Black.

He'd be screwed getting called up without being able to develop that. But I guess he'll be on 205 Live anyway so he'll be screwed no matter what.

Pikma

Banned
Itami just started showing so much more personality as a heel in his match against Black.

He'd be screwed getting called up without being able to develop that. But I guess he'll be on 205 Live anyway so he'll be screwed no matter what.
Agreed, that's a fucking stupid move, but hey at least the guy will make $$$

Rhaknar

im the source (since I listed AoP and the Icon ladies yesterday and was mocked for it) :p

Tom Lawlor is not fired from Figure Four Daily... Tom and Bryan are both professionals

Bryan Alvarez is more positive about Summerslam than Meltzer.... what universe is this.

Alvarez called Summerslam great :O

daemissary

In retrospect, I think piling most of the good stuff at the end of the show instead of the typical booking of big match-filler match-big match really did the show no favors.

I think my view of the show would've been much better if I wasn't bored to tears for 2 full consecutive hours right at the beginning.

Rhaknar

AJ open challenge for US title since Owens will move on to Shane

AJ vs Debuting Roode for US title

Roode wins US Title, freeing AJ to go for Jinder's WWE Title down the line

AJ wins WWE title

AJ holds on to WWE title until Wrestlemania where he faces Nakamura because Nakamura won the Rumble (I mean, Roman doesnt need to win the rumble to face Lesnar at WM anyway)

booking is hard guyz

The future of Smackdown looks really dire right now:

Main Event/Upper tier:
Jinder: Still champion, coming off an absolutely awful match and finish with Nakamura. Outside of his presentation, he's garbage.
Nakamura: Lost to a glorified joke champion in an awful match and seems to be going through the motions.
Corbin: Looked to be headed to the main event, but took a detour to buriedville (not that I'm complaining)
Cena: Looks to be going to Raw
Owens: A feud with Shane? Oh god, please, no more Shane.
A.J.: I want to see what's next, but nothing off the top of my head seems all that interesting.
Orton: I'd be happy never seeing Orton again.

Tag teams:
Usos vs New Day was great, but what the hell else is there?

Women:
Natalia: Have no problem with her winning because Naomi's run had been extremely dull. Hopefully this leads to matches against Becky and/or Charlotte

Toki767

Whoever laid out the matches for SummerSlam really sucks at their job.

There was almost no flow to any of the matches. Most of the matches ended virtually out of nowhere without any of the people going to a higher gear.

There weren't even the traditional multiple false finishes in matches.

Everything except for the two tag title matches and the beginning of the main event just felt plodding. Raw matches have been better than most of the matches at SummerSlam.

Rhaknar

remember when Finn was Jack the Ripper in Takeover London

or had a chainsaw in Takeover Texas... when we had dreams of "yoooo imagine this at Wrestlemania"

when THE DEMON KING ITS THE DEMON KING MAGGLE THE DEMON KING wasnt a brand?

good times :(

Imagine when Asuka gets called up... or Aleisteir Black.

man im salty today

Hasney

What do you mean jumping? Why would the receiver of a chokeslam jump?

Because they can't stop it at that point and if they just let them wrench them up by the neck, it could have severe injuries, so they may as well jump to take the slam on their back rather than risk paralysis. You see it all the time in the MMA indies.

Pikma

Banned
Whoever laid out the matches for SummerSlam really sucks at their job.

There was almost no flow to any of the matches. Most of the matches ended virtually out of nowhere without any of the people going to a higher gear.

There weren't even the traditional multiple false finishes in matches.

Everything except for the two tag title matches and the beginning of the main event just felt plodding. Raw matches have been better than most of the matches at SummerSlam.
god bless those shitty ex wrestlers whose only excuse to be there is to pretend they're road agents in order to get a payday from Vince

Oh my lord, already there's fuckery in the Stardom 5 Star GP

Io submitted by Mandy Leon, LOL
How many matches has she won since being back?
im the source (since I listed AoP and the Icon ladies yesterday and was mocked for it) :p

At the very least I think Peyton and Billie being called up is a given though. If they go to Raw I have to imagine they're doing something with Emma... Poor, poor Emma.

Pikma

Banned
Because they can't stop it at that point and if they just let them wrench them up by the neck, it could have severe injuries, so they may as well jump to take the slam on their back rather than risk paralysis. You see it all the time in the MMA indies.
Man, Strowman is so strong

But yeah that sounds dangerous, they should ban that move

Rhaknar

by the way, its fucking INCOMPREHENSIBLE that the plan for Wrestlemania, as far as we know of course, is still Brock vs Roman and not Brock vs Braun.

Toki767

What do you mean jumping? Why would the receiver of a chokeslam jump?

It's like you're implying that Braun's left arm is so much stronger than his right arm that he can lift a heavier Samoa Joe much higher with his non-dominant arm than he can lift Reigns with his right arm.

Pikma

Banned
It's like you're implying that Braun's left arm is so much stronger than his right arm that he can lift a heavier Samoa Joe much higher with his non-dominant arm than he can lift Reigns with his right arm.
Pffffffft you think Reign's vest is made of feathers?

Top Bottom