• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Syder

ozd0r5F.png
Yooooooooo! This is gonna be hellacious.

Would Vince actually have Cena break Flair's record at a show besides Mania?

Good question. Maybe Royal Rumble (Remember Punk jobbing to Rock who went on to drop to Cena)?

See, Cena getting the record is a thank you to Cena and has no intrinsic value to Vince and the company. I think we agree that Roman will get the rub and what better way to , once again, announce to the world that Roman is THE guy than to have it in Mania season when more eyes, including casual ones, are on the product than in any other time.

Pikma

Banned
No one knows, but the timing is all curious. The decision was made to make Cena a "free agent" the same week the decision was made to change the SS main event.

So it seems like it. But the SS main event being a four way instead of Roman vs. Brock makes it possible they still do that match at WM.

Awesome. Bate vs. Gallagher was great. Guess he's not defending in Brooklyn then.
I guess it makes sense since NXT has a bunch of angles going on that need TakeOver matches to bring proper closure so they need that extra spot but still I wonder what the hell the long term plan is for this UK thing

Ohhh I see

That's not the case. Brock has no reason to defect right now, as according to UFC brass he's not in the USADA testing pool, and once he re-enters he has to wait five months before his suspension is up.

Jones will likely take a fight between now and his fight with Brock, meaning that fight most likely won't happen until post-WM anyways.

There's no real indication why the plan was changed (if it indeed has), but it could be because Brock indicated he's not re-signing with WWE when his contract expires after WM.

I guess it makes sense since NXT has a bunch of angles going on that need TakeOver matches to bring proper closure so they need that extra spot but still I wonder what the hell the long term plan is for this UK thing

Well the way I understand it, Triple H had the idea for a UK brand/show for a while and was in the developing stages of it when ITV showed up. Then they felt like they had to rush it to market, so they did. Now that ITV is out of the picture, they are taking their time again to figure out exactly how they want to do it.

Cena was the best thing in that Trainwreck of a movie.

"Okay KoKo B. Ware, you know what I do to assholes like you...I LICK THEM!"*

* Trainwreck, 2015.

Bo goes to the extreme on stuff. Like, Jericho believes the moon landing was faked, Bo thinks we were there but found an alien species and covered it up.

Sephzilla

Bo goes to the extreme on stuff. Like, Jericho believes the moon landing was faked, Bo thinks we were there but found an alien species and covered it up.

Jericho's a little weird.

Random Jericho thing I find weird. He identifies as a Canadian, but was born in New York and resides in Florida.

klonere

Banned
G7vKW9X.png

So just before Great Balls of Fire, this image was posted of twitter and went viral. I genuinely think it helped change his booking. Going into the PPV, it was expected (and the odds showed) that Seth was supposed to beat him. Meltz said after the PPV that certain matches had last second changes to the winners. I believe this match was one of them. They followed it up with another victory the next night and blew the whole feud off very quickly.

That's not all that happened. Prior to this image, Bray was losing to Roman, Cena or Seth every night on the house show circuit. Since this image went viral, all his house show matches have been against opponents like Apollo Crews and Kalisto, where he was allowed to pick up the victory.

It seems like this image served as a wake up call to head office and they're now protecting him more.

So with that in mind, is there anyone else who desperately needs one of these images to get around so WWE can stop having them lose all the time?

G7vKW9X.png

So just before Great Balls of Fire, this image was posted of twitter and went viral. I genuinely think it helped change his booking. Going into the PPV, it was expected (and the odds showed) that Seth was supposed to beat him. Meltz said after the PPV that certain matches had last second changes to the winners. I believe this match was one of them. They followed it up with another victory the next night and blew the whole feud off very quickly.

That's not all that happened. Prior to this image, Bray was losing to Roman, Cena or Seth every night on the house show circuit. Since this image went viral, all his house show matches have been against opponents like Apollo Crews and Kalisto, where he was allowed to pick up the victory.

It seems like this image served as a wake up call to head office and they're now protecting him more.

So with that in mind, is there anyone else who desperately needs one of these images to get around so WWE can stop having them lose all the time?
Before I answer, are these your genuine thoughts and opinions?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Do they really think W/L is the problem with Bray? I like the guy a lot but his gimmick is so stale with no long term direction at all.

klonere

Banned
Before I answer, are these your genuine thoughts and opinions?

Vince McMahon and the WWE operate under this weird rule that "Wins don't matter" (Unless you're Roman Reigns who is to be protected at all costs) and that any time they want to make someone a threat they can just have them mow down jobbers or feature them in a story then dump them back into obscurity when they need to.

That's why Bray has so many losses; they feel he's safe enough that he'll always be over despite almost never winning because they can rely on his spooky gimmick to be a threat any time they want to do something with him, and the "Fireflies" shtick is always over at shows because it gets fan interaction.

If you held a gun to my head I don't think I could name 5 Superstars with a career winning percentage above .500 aside from John Cena.

I don't think it matters and short-term winning streaks are more important

Toki767

If you held a gun to my head I don't think I could name 5 Superstars with a career winning percentage above .500 aside from John Cena.

I don't think it matters and short-term winning streaks are more important

John Cena
Hulk Hogan
Goldberg
Asuka
Andre the Giant
Roman Reigns

Unless you mean only on the current roster.

G7vKW9X.png

Bray has been winning on TV since the shakeup it whatever, right? I know he's closed the show several times, but I don't really remember what he did. Does Bray winning a match really mean anything? He's still gonna ramble on about nonsense each and every time he's out there.

Sephzilla

John Cena
Hulk Hogan
Goldberg
Asuka
Andre the Giant
Roman Reigns

Unless you mean only on the current roster.

Austin, Sting, and maybe Bret Hart probably have winning records for their career as well. Basically, if you spent a majority of your career as a top face you likely have a really good winning percentage.

Talonluck

This just in. Bo Dallas bolieves in giant people that ate humans, lizard people running the Illuminati from the center of our hollow earth, JFK asassination being the government, the moon landing being faked, and 9/11 being faked. He's a true boliever.

Top Bottom