• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

k5GRq5.gif
New page

Stardom Reddit account went on a tirade this morning all pissed off about people suggesting Stardom would let Io work injured, even going so far as to imply that Meltzer's original injury report was BS and nobody should believe him.

From what I've seen and read he seems to be wound a bit tight.

Largo

Question for the NJPW/Japan Wrestling Crowd: Do you (generally) like Minoru Suzuki? I had the sudden urge to dig out my login to see if anything stood out for me in G1 so far, and since I remembered that bonkers Tokyo Dome "Wrestle Match in an empty ballfield" thing he did earlier this year, watched Omega vs. Suzuki and Tonga vs. Suzuki.

In short, I'm a fan-he comes across as a heel's heel, and really takes it far. I get his background in real fighting, which came across in the Omega match after Kenny spit in his face and he went in with probably one of the most convincing strike sequences I've seen in a good long while, and that match with Tonga...wooo boy. Crowd got their money's worth, since I haven't seen an 'in the crowd' fight like that in distant memory. Given his age, in Japanese wrestling he seems to kind of come across like the uncle they warn you about: "Look, Suzuki is going to be at the cookout. Don't start anything with him, yes I know he's old. But he will beat you up, and when he's done, he will beat up your friends."

Heroman

Banned
Question for the NJPW/Japan Wrestling Crowd: Do you (generally) like Minoru Suzuki? I had the sudden urge to dig out my login to see if anything stood out for me in G1 so far, and since I remembered that bonkers Tokyo Dome "Wrestle Match in an empty ballfield" thing he did earlier this year, watched Omega vs. Suzuki and Tonga vs. Suzuki.

In short, I'm a fan-he comes across as a heel's heel, and really takes it far. I get his background in real fighting, which came across in the Omega match after Kenny spit in his face and he went in with probably one of the most convincing strike sequences I've seen in a good long while, and that match with Tonga...wooo boy. Crowd got their money's worth, since I haven't seen an 'in the crowd' fight like that in distant memory. Given his age, in Japanese wrestling he seems to kind of come across like the uncle they warn you about: "Look, Suzuki is going to be at the cookout. Don't start anything with him, yes I know he's old. But he will beat you up, and when he's done, he will beat up your friends."
Yeah, he is pretty rad.

Oh yeah. Suzuki is definitely appreciated. He's amazing.

Top Bottom