• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Joe eats the pint vs Roman lol...

This means Joe wins at SS right guys? Guys?

Right?

Guys?

Where you all going?

Question for the NJPW/Japan Wrestling Crowd: Do you (generally) like Minoru Suzuki? I had the sudden urge to dig out my login to see if anything stood out for me in G1 so far, and since I remembered that bonkers Tokyo Dome "Wrestle Match in an empty ballfield" thing he did earlier this year, watched Omega vs. Suzuki and Tonga vs. Suzuki.

In short, I'm a fan-he comes across as a heel's heel, and really takes it far. I get his background in real fighting, which came across in the Omega match after Kenny spit in his face and he went in with probably one of the most convincing strike sequences I've seen in a good long while, and that match with Tonga...wooo boy. Crowd got their money's worth, since I haven't seen an 'in the crowd' fight like that in distant memory. Given his age, in Japanese wrestling he seems to kind of come across like the uncle they warn you about: "Look, Suzuki is going to be at the cookout. Don't start anything with him, yes I know he's old. But he will beat you up, and when he's done, he will beat up your friends."

At first I didn't get the love of him, but now I love everything about him. I'm not totally down with Suzuki-gun, save ZSJ, but Minoru rules. Look up his DDT match in an empty Tokyo Dome.

Question for the NJPW/Japan Wrestling Crowd: Do you (generally) like Minoru Suzuki? I had the sudden urge to dig out my login to see if anything stood out for me in G1 so far, and since I remembered that bonkers Tokyo Dome "Wrestle Match in an empty ballfield" thing he did earlier this year, watched Omega vs. Suzuki and Tonga vs. Suzuki.

In short, I'm a fan-he comes across as a heel's heel, and really takes it far. I get his background in real fighting, which came across in the Omega match after Kenny spit in his face and he went in with probably one of the most convincing strike sequences I've seen in a good long while, and that match with Tonga...wooo boy. Crowd got their money's worth, since I haven't seen an 'in the crowd' fight like that in distant memory. Given his age, in Japanese wrestling he seems to kind of come across like the uncle they warn you about: "Look, Suzuki is going to be at the cookout. Don't start anything with him, yes I know he's old. But he will beat you up, and when he's done, he will beat up your friends."

The way they treated him at the pre-G1 press conference was fantastic, no one would make eye contact, not even the hard heels.

Suzuki is like wine and just gets better with age, friend.

Zach

Fucking LOL bean breath didn't even last 24 hours

MYJkL.gif
Haha. What happened? Was it the copy/pasting from other message boards just to get a rise out of people? Because that seems like enough to me. That's some next-level weirdness.

Raw64life

Suzuki is awesome. They should've given him the belt at New Beginning. Okada coming back to win that match after the way it had been booked was almost Cena @ Summerslam 2010 levels of ridiculous. Okada could've just gotten the belt back at the next PPV (which was Sakura Genesis, and then maybe Shibata would still be wrestling today :(). The way Okada won made Suzuki look like a chump.

Suzuki is awesome. They should've given him the belt at New Beginning. Okada coming back to win that match after the way it had been booked was almost Cena @ Summerslam 2010 levels of ridiculous. Okada could've just gotten the belt back at the next PPV (which was Sakura Genesis, and then maybe Shibata would still be wrestling today :(). The way Okada won made Suzuki look like a chump.

Agreed. I understand people worrying about Suzuki-gun, seriously. But their return at New Year Dash was amazing then they looked like jabronies at New Beginning.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so the broken gimmick is dead because negotiations collpsed?

whats the fucking point of the Hardys then? :/

Spuck-uk

Banned

How can you dislike anyone who's gimmick is "The man with the worst personality in the world.". He's an absolute heat machine.

Kenny sold an absolute fear of him in their g1 match that was incredible.

Sephzilla

A7EtD92.png

GWF FACTS FOLLOWING GWF6

Your Current GWF Champions
GWF World Champion: Beefy
GWF B+ Champion: RBH
GWF Tag Team Champions: The Huggers of Destruction (Biggest-Geek-Ever & Zach)

Match of the Night: The Huggers of Destruction (Biggest-Geek-Ever & Zach) versus The New Nation of Domination (Bronx-Man & Kornflayx w/ Beefy)

Moment of the Night: (Tie)
-- RBH defeating Tall4Life to avenge the Atlanta Falcons and WCW
-- Beefy taking out FlammableD with FlammableD's own finisher

The Asuka Club
The following GWF Superstars are undefeated (this list is getting pretty short)
-- Beefy (6-0)
-- SomewhatGroovy (2-0)
-- Pikma (1-0)

The BewareTheBatsie Jobber Club
The following GWF Superstars have yet to taste victory (but will soon, we believe in you!)
-- Anth0ny (0-2)
-- Caderfix (0-3)
-- Excelsiorlef (0-1)
-- Hex (0-1)
-- Mahonay (0-3)
-- Menome (0-3)
-- OwensIsNow (0-3)
-- RecRoulette (0-1)
-- ShadowSwordmaster (0-2)
-- Sinatar (0-1)
-- The Strokes (0-2)
-- Tom Nook (0-1)

Everybody remembers their first time
These superstars tasted victory for the first time at GWF6
-- BewareTheBatsie
-- DMczaf

Ya Can't Win Em All
These superstars received their first loss at GWF6
-- FlammableD
-- RecRoulette
-- Sinatar

The Quest To Be The Best
With his sixth win at GWF6, World Champion Beefy remains the winningest superstar in GWF history. He widened the gap between himself and the rest of the roster as the second most winningest superstars sits at 4 wins (FlammableD, Biggest-Geek-Ever, Bronx-Man, and Ithil). FlammableD holds the second best record in GWF via percentage points.

First Time Champions
The following GWF superstars became first time champions at GWF6
-- Biggest-Geek-Ever
-- RBH
-- Zach

Fifty Fifty Booking
These superstars currently hold a .500 winning percentage in GWF
-- Hasney (3-3)
-- Tall4Life (3-3)
-- Zach (3-3)
-- FallingEdge (2-2)
-- UrbanDandy (1-1)

Keeping their heads above water
As of right now, only 24% of the active roster has an above 50% winning percentage. Sounds like we need a couple of PPVs to let people catch up.

The End of Eras
Two significant streaks ended at GWF6
-- BewareTheBatsie scored his first win 5 attempts, a streak that started back at GWF1 on March 1st. This effectively ends the BewareTheBatsie Open Challenge. Congratulations!
-- Tall4Life's run as GWF B+ Champion, the longest B+ Championship reign in GWF history and the second longest championship reign overall in GWF, met its end at GWF6. Tall4Life's title run started at GWF3 in April.

It Doesn't Matter What Your Post Count Is
During the #1 Contender Elimination Chamber match, Professor Beef pinned three different superstars in a dominant performance. This ties the GWF record for most pinfalls by a single competitor in one night (tied with FlammableD at GWF5).

The Never Ending Title Reign
Beefy's GWF World Championship Reign has lasted 5 months.

Foggy

So Jake Lee is injured, Nomura needs a partner, and these dudes stroll in for a title match at Sumo Hall

DGH2m_SVoAAWYBo

Sekimoto what is you trying to do with your tie?

I'm definitely into whatever the hell Sheamus and Cesaro are as a tag team. Their cocky Euro vibe is way better than the League of Nations garbage they tried

Sephzilla

And this is the slight music nerd in me poking out but the BURN IT DOWN is also off tempo from the rest of the music, which bugs me.

I remember a gig I went to a few years ago, there was a dude "dancing" like that. One of the opening bands had a Japanese vocalist and the dude doing his hardcore shit yelled out something racist. The band stopped playing, dragged him outside and threw him through a bunch of kind of wooden chairs and tables. Sort of like picnic table size. Then grabbed him by the shirt and smashed him head first through a terracotta pot plant.

It was pretty fucking brutal in hindsight.

I nearly died from alcohol poisoning drinking with the headlining band later that night.

He is the best at what he does. Terrifying in the ring, and his theme adds to that character of his.

Then, you go on his instagram and you want to have a beer with him.

Top Bottom