• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Mahonay

Banned
Has Owens lost weight? His gut looks a lot less protruding than it's usually been since he got called up.

I get that WWE Network isn't up to how they wanted it, but isn't it like one of the top 5 streaming services available? Like up there with HBOGo & Crunchyroll? It seems to me like they're doing good for themselves, they just had way overinflated expectations.

I'd say more of a thriller. Fucking incredible movie, easily the best experience I've head in a theater since The Avengers.
Looking at his arms. Owens has put on considerable muscle compared to when he was in the indies. Probably losing a little in the gut in the process.

Hex

Banned
Goto is great... Don't sully him by associating him with Yoshi-TRASHI

8R7GYJg.gif

I get that WWE Network isn't up to how they wanted it, but isn't it like one of the top 5 streaming services available? Like up there with HBOGo & Crunchyroll? It seems to me like they're doing good for themselves, they just had way overinflated expectations.

The problem is that Vince is an idiot. WWE ran these polls prior to launching the Network that somehow showed that there were tens of millions of "potential wrestling viewers" (like people who had turned on or saw a wrestling show once in their life ever). So he took those numbers, combined them with his average weekly ratings and told all his investors "we expect to easily get to 4 or 5 million subscribers by exploiting all these potential viewers". And instead they are three years in and haven't even crossed 2 million.

You'd think they do the PiP commercial format at least during their two important matches on tonight's card.

I think advertisers have to specifically buy PiP spots separately from regular ad spots, so the advertisers probably stipulate that main events and certain other things can't be used for PiP.

You'd think they do the PiP commercial format at least during their two important matches on tonight's card.

If I had to guess I would say the pip availability is dependent on if the break has any commercial slots made availabe for the broadcast carriers (cable or satellite companies) to insert their own ads. If so, those ads would overtake the USA network feed and it would look weird to have the pip disappear partly through the break.

lololololololz dat ref whiff from Owens' punch. Well that's definitely not botched. I still say this will lead to Kevin Owens vs Shane McMahon.

Top Bottom