• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Mark of the day

DGIQ9bSXcAA2jtp

I am amazed that people like Godzilla. I say this completely out of ignorance. I know nothing about it, except for the monster smashing buildings or whatever. Why is it a series? What happens that's worthwhile? I'm confused.

It's a metaphor on life, Zach. And like life, I have no idea what it's supposed to mean.

Goto is great... Don't sully him by associating him with Yoshi-TRASHI

Goto can be great when he wants, like his WK match against Shibata, but for the rest of the year he has been really, really boring. I guess he is taking really serious the Nakamura spot in Chaos, he only goes at WK now q:

I've only seen night one of G1 and I feel like I'll never catch up.

So much wrasslin so little time friends.

I'm going to Tremont Onita this weekend and apparently Tremont has been in the hospital for 10 days and missed shows? I pray it's a work.

Chances of Cena burying Nak tonight?

I love how WWE's reaction to the Network underperforming isn't to look and say "wow, maybe it's because our product sucks and we need to change things", but instead it's "well if we just cancel everything then we'll make money anyways, so who cares!"

I love how WWE's reaction to the Network underperforming isn't to look and say "wow, maybe it's because our product sucks and we need to change things", but instead it's "well if we just cancel everything then we'll make money anyways, so who cares!"

We all know the real reason.

It's the lack of WCW Saturday Night and WCW Thunder.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Maybe one day I'll like Roman. It happened with Cena

Cena still is pretty bad when it comes to having to actually feud with anyone since he just starts talking with that white rapper accent and then buries the fuck out of them.

If Cena starts sounding like Marky Mark and starts using cornball phrases like "you done fell off" you know he's about to bury the hell out of someone and get away with it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How does that even happen? lol You can't see her, but I assume she was looking right at Bayley before she does for the elbow.

Unless she thought Bayley was going to lay back down or something.
Nia Jax has really bad latency

You guys talking about Kong as in Skull Island?

I really enjoyed that movie, though it's funny to look back afterwards and realize none of the human characters really did anything

They're there to serve their old timey Hollywood roles and I dig it, movie looks great and Kong is awesome

Pikma

Banned
Let's see how low they get before starting to make some changes and not this dumb and pointless shit just to appease shareholders in the short term

Let's see how low they get before starting to make some changes and not this dumb and pointless shit just to appease shareholders in the short term

Again, the only real change that matters will never happen. Vince will never ever step down, and he's way too much of a micromanaging maniac to ever be hands off enough for things to really, actually change.

Foggy

I always hated the talking point that cruiserweights are redundant because the main roster does cruiserweight style moves. The solution is as simple as letting them work a faster, indie-style pace. Make it feel different.

Also, the positioning that a love for cruiserweights is some misguided expression of elitism is a particularly obnoxious and outdated talking point.

I hope Cena vs Nakamura gets good time.

I wish SD had the Raw thing where they can afford to go over the hour for an extra ten or fifteen minutes since the main events often don't get much time dedicated because often there's two commercials jammed into it which only leaves ten minutes, maybe fifteen of a match to watch.

Edit: I've always disliked Seth's theme and the BURN IT DOWN scream is only going to make me hate it more.

I should not be excited for a game with Rabbids in it, but well, here I am.

Someone compared WWE to Nintendo yesterday. WWE could never turn shit into gold like this. They only work in the opposite direction.

Angry Grimace

I think the real question is tonight whether the crowd will boo Jinder Mahal because of the way he looks and the way that he talks, and then and whether he will then respond to such disrespectful behavior by speaking on behalf of all 1 billion Indians by in the 11th most most popular dialect in India.

Cena still is pretty bad when it comes to having to actually feud with anyone since he just starts talking with that white rapper accent and then buries the fuck out of them.

If Cena starts sounding like Marky Mark and starts using cornball phrases like "you done fell off" you know he's about to bury the hell out of someone and get away with it.

Nia Jax has really bad latency

Manga-GAF wins again

Mahonay

Banned
I wish lived in an alternate universe where WWE still cared about proper booking.

Vince tries his best to remove WWE further and further from traditional wrestling practices, because they CAN'T be wrestling of course. They are Sports Entertainment. So forget about putting effort into crafting good booking, as long as I have my 30 writers, hashtags, YouTube views, LEDs, D celebrity hosts, Roman Reigns stroking it, merch, more merch, the Network, and ANYTHING BUT FOCUSING ON WRESTLING

WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK IS WATCHING YOUR PRODUCT?

It must be a total fucking mystery to them as to why just throwing up extra PPVs on the Network isn't working.

You have John Cena and Shinsuke Nakamura fighting each other to face Jinder Mahal...just...LOL

I wish lived in an alternate universe where WWE still cared about proper booking.

Vince tries his best to remove WWE further and further from traditional wrestling practices, because they CAN'T be wrestling of course. They are Sports Entertainment. So forget about putting effort into crafting good booking, as long as I have my 30 writers, hashtags, YouTube views, LEDs, D celebrity hosts, Roman Reigns stroking it, merch, more merch, the Network, and ANYTHING BUT FOCUSING ON WRESTLING

It must be a total fucking mystery to them as to why just throwing up extra PPVs on the Network isn't working.
u just hate the product

it make people happy

cuppa haters

You have John Cena and Shinsuke Nakamura fighting each other to face Jinder Mahal...just...LOL

I've always found Vince's hatred of wrestling fans and wrestling fascinating. No other entertainment property hates its fanbase quite like WWE. It's like Vince 100% honestly believes that there is a type of person out there who doesn't like wrestling, but will watch 3 hours of Raw. He genuinely believes that person exists. And not only that, he books with them in mind.

No successful entertainment property does this. None of them. Hell, most failing ones don't even do this. Only Vince, really.

It'd be like if the writers of Game of Thrones suddenly made the show a romantic comedy because "fantasy is for losers!"

Top Bottom