• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Welp Bayley injured her shoulder during that match with Nia:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/892583765289033729

The interview is sad because she seems to know her Summerslam match is probably not happening.

Also explains the botch

kbvqprI.gif

I figured that sell was too good.

Welp Bayley injured her shoulder during that match with Nia:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/892583765289033729

The interview is sad because she seems to know her Summerslam match is probably not happening.

Also explains the botch

Super sad to hear. Hope she recovers quick.

Helps here that the story was already a lot about Sasha anyways, considering you can easily slot her into that match if need be. And if the plan was to turn her, this actually helps that turn down the line.

Toki767

I cannot in good faith forgive Nakamura for the Cena thing and then condemn Nia Jax.

Shit happens.

I don't really think the blame falls on anyone in either of those two incidents.

Nakamura's reverse exploder typically has the person landing on their front but Cena isn't athletic enough to essentially do a backflip.

Nia barely touched Bayley's shoulder on that clothesline so Bayley just fell awkwardly. Nia then followed up with I guess an elbow drop which she completely missed but pretended to hit.

Apparently the WWE website's recap of SD had an "alternate" description of the ending of the Cena/Nakamura match.

Seems the original plan was Corbin would interfere to cost Nakamura the match, and inadvertently cost Cena instead.

Glad they changed it to just a clean win.

They tried and failed.

Women's segments get higher ratings than men's most weeks. So I'd say it worked.

Apparently the WWE website's recap of SD had an "alternate" description of the ending of the Cena/Nakamura match.

Seems the original plan was Corbin would interfere to cost Nakamura the match, and inadvertently cost Cena instead.

What was the text?

Women's segments get higher ratings than men's most weeks. So I'd say it worked.
I mean compare what the men have to deal with, I wouldn't call that hard to be beat and of course there was the Ladder fiasco at Money in the Bank PPV.

Toki767

WWE are kind of lucky SummerSlam is only 3 weeks away.

Whatever the Jinder/Nakamura build will be, it's probably going to be pretty crappy.

Jinder won't have anything to talk about when fans are cheering a non-US person.

And Nakamura probably just won't talk much if at all.

I marked out so hard for that Twin Peaks styled Fashion Files. The goddamn references on the wall had me dying.

Too bad the average wwe fan won't get it.

I thought the choice to caption a photo of Surfer Sting as Eraserhead was especially clever. I don't want to give it away in case anyone here wants to figure it out for themselves but I was really proud of myself when I got it.

Whatever the Jinder/Nakamura build will be, it's probably going to be pretty crappy.

Jinder won't have anything to talk about when fans are cheering a non-US person.

I'd laugh if he pulls some "join me! they are our enemy!" shit

Nakamura ponders it and then says "I don't like you" with his mouthguard in

What was the text?
I mean compare what the men have to deal with, I wouldn't call that hard to be beat and of course there was the Ladder fiasco at Money in the Bank PPV.

I mean WWE is gonna fuck some things up. That's just a given.

But as a whole I would say they've done a decent job building the women up. I mean I think people really underestimate how much of a fucking shitshow and afterthought this "division" was four or five years ago.

Jinder will say something about how Americans like Japanese people more than black people or something like that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
when do Alvarez and Meltzer usually review SD? the day after?

I hate the timing of Bayley's injury.

I felt the match at Summerslam would have lead to her winning and along with that, finally getting a Sasha heel turn and a Bayley vs Sasha feud.

Top Bottom