• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Sweet Lesnar is gonna be on Raw in Toronto that I'm going to. Awesome

Titus made it y'all

HI2001.jpg

Bronx-Man

Banned
I wanna catch more indie shows live in the future. PWG, EVOLVE, etc.

The big one is New Japan in the States one day. Or in Japan if I ever manage to save up thousands one day.

Foggy

The big one is New Japan in the States one day. Or in Japan if I ever manage to save up thousands one day.

Definitely try to swing it when they come stateside again. It was tremendous. It's worth top dollar.

Definitely do PWG if the opportunity comes. The nearest wrestling equivalent to NBA Jam.

when is this happening?

Sumo Hall at the end of the month on 8/27. Strong BJ making a play for the tag titles against Nomura and ?. Satoshi Kojima against Suwama in a grudge match for the ages. Tajiri defending the jr title. The ace looking to reclaim his spot against the biggest dawg of the big dawgs. Hype stuff.

I bet we get Owens vs. Shane at HIAC.

Oh probably but it is a better SS mach imo

Ah well

So at the end of Fashion Peaks Breeze says he knows who kidnapped Fandango. Anyone pick up on anything in the segment itself that would hint towards who it was? Apparently the talking backwards stuff was just Fandango talking gibberish that sounded backwards lol.

Can confirm the backwards talking is gibberish

miserable

Sumo Hall at the end of the month on 8/27. Strong BJ making a play for the tag titles against Nomura and ?. Satoshi Kojima against Suwama in a grudge match for the ages. Tajiri defending the jr title. The ace looking to reclaim his spot against the biggest dawg of the big dawgs. Hype stuff.

will we have to wait a month to air on tv so we can watch it or will it be live somewhere?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Welp Bayley injured her shoulder during that match with Nia:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/892583765289033729

The interview is sad because she seems to know her Summerslam match is probably not happening.

Also explains the botch
I'll believe it when I see a source that isn't WWE itself.

I mean c'mon they have Amann quoted as saying "“We’ve determined the injury is shoulder-related." I wonder which year of med school you learn this brilliant insight.

I mean c'mon they have Amann quoted as saying "“We’ve determined the injury is shoulder-related." I wonder which year of med school you learn this brilliant insight.

Bayley injury is definitely a work. She and the commentators were selling multiple shoulder spots.

Hasney

Almost as great as Miz having an "injured thorax".

Spuck-uk

Banned
We would get to close our doors at 8pm for Christmas and 10pm for New Years. We would get angry customers banging at the doors minutes later demanding we let them in so they can rent something.

If you're on the Christmas or New Year shifts you give no fucks either. It's amazing how much customer we would get and I would do the minimum amount possible because they were the reason I would have to work.

Lot of people don't celebrate Christmas.

But seriously, fuck working retail, and in particular fuck working over holidays.

Stall19

I can't believe they really had first ever Cena vs Nakamura on Smackdown. With one week's build, in a 15 minute match, with commercials, in Cleveland? SHM

Rimfya

Banned
I can't believe they really had first ever Cena vs Nakamura on Smackdown. With one week's build, in a 15 minute match, with commercials, in Cleveland? SHM
It's the Roman ... err ... Jinder effect. Everything good gets worse because it has to revolve around the MAHARAJA

orioto

Good Art™
SDL is the worst talent waste in history my god, a dark dark era of wrestling.

I'm now convinced they purposly ask Owens and Styles to not steal the show. I mean, let's think about it. Those two, independently, in a lazy day, can have "this is awesome" chants. I'm not even speaking about perfect wrestling or perfect alchimy here, no no. You know what i'm speaking about. Lots of indie things, or badass spot, exchanges, move set interactions (and i've seen them do that together) that would make the crowd crazy. I mean hell, even if you take just Styles into consideration, he knows more than ANYONE how to work this kind of thing.

The 3 matches we had between them avoided all of that completely, even worse last night. I tell you, they are purposely booked to avoid a face/face dynamic where both wrestlers are going over in the ring by doing awesome shits together. The kind of thing you're meant to have with Cena/Styles, Naka/Styles (if they had a ppv match maybe..), Zayn/Styles or Naka etc... They will talk to you about dream matches and present the stuff like a wrestling fan fantasy. That's NOT the narrative with Owens/Styles. Owens is not meant to be a good wrestler. In RAW, they let him have a kinda facish style from time to time, but someone in SD is thinking "He's a heel, he won't go over, and he won't be a smarks favorite anymore"

And fuck Summerslam, the match is already bad when you know it's going to be about Shane screwing Owens. You know it's not going to be a moty there.

I mean there is something terribly sad and horrible about Owens and Styles being there thinking "hey buddy you know what we could tear the roof down tonight but that's not the wwe's idea, let's be tepid" And i'm pretty sure they both must be pretty pissed about it.

Basing a performance off this is awesome chants is a bit of a reach. WWE fans will chant that over the most basic stuff sometimes.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Big John give up the pin. I would not mind seeing him and Nak going a full PPV length.

Raw64life

Went to Japan last year and saw Dominion. It was awesome. NJPW crowds are the best. Show was fantastic too. Almost every title changed hands. And I got to see Shibata wrestle in person before he almost killed himself.

Zach

Watched Shin Godzilla again last night. Yeah, that's a five star monster movie
NeoGAF Vince McMahon and strobogo were talking up Godzilla via Twitter, Sephzilla. Or should I call you... NEOGAF VINCE MCMAHON/STROBOGO/SEPHZILLA!!

Take him away, moderators.

Top Bottom