• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Fox318

Mhl0pz4.png

the look of a man that just watched Wrestlemania 2000 knowing that wrestling died that day.

Many of them. The character evolves over time, though. The earlier episodes are probably less paranoid and hilarious.

I'm listening to current one, is that with the Paranoid Hogan/Nash impressions? I listen to the one about Over the edge, and I love the Vince impression.

Zach

I'm listening to current one, is that with the Paranoid Hogan/Nash impressions? I listen to the one about Over the edge, and I love the Vince impression.

I've been listening to the Starrcade episodes. And recently the WrestleMania 2000 one (since I just watched it). I honestly don't know when he pops up. It seems pretty frequent, though. Just any time he's mentioned really.

Zach

I won't lie, there's a lot of fat on The Lapsed Fan. They laugh a lot, they sometimes get hung up on things that aren't funny (to me), or present some things matter-of-factly that are off-base, but maaan, if you just treat it like you're hanging with two occasionally obnoxious pals, it's a great time. Just a couple of generally affable guys who like to talk about wrestling and have fun with the silliness of it all. I'll continue to recommend it, even though I understand when people can't get into it.

gun_haver

Minus all the crawling around, I like the demon king. His promo explaining the name Finn Balor was great.

The crawling is jank yeah, but the head dress thing is what really has to go

I'm pretty surprised wwe thinks both are gonna get over. Finn is getting over in spite of those lame elements right now. This is what NXT should be for - weeding out crap elements of gimmicks.

Question with NJPW: does it have story lines in the way WWE does it or is just more of two guys facing off in matches? If something develops it's more just a feud but not like "he interrupted my wedding"

The crawling is jank yeah, but the head dress thing is what really has to go

I'm pretty surprised wwe thinks both are gonna get over. Finn is getting over in spite of those lame elements right now. This is what NXT should be for - weeding out crap elements of gimmicks.

NXT loved that shit

Toki767

Question with NJPW: does it have story lines in the way WWE does it or is just more of two guys facing off in matches? If something develops it's more just a feud but not like "he interrupted my wedding"

There are storylines, but it's more of "he disrespected me" and "I want that belt" than anything else.

It mostly dude facing off.

I am ok with that. Matches I've watched so far have been really great. Elgin/Naito was solid

Watching Omega and Yano was also a lot of fun. Could totally just see Omega playing off Yano and the crowd. It was a ham fest but it worked

Also interesting to see how NJPW moves between these different arena sizes. Goes from massive productions to low rate indie shit.

Nekofrog

Banned
I hate boring white meat babyfaces too (hello Apollo) but I'm not going to sit here and try to call a decent wrestler with an interesting gimmick that needs a little work "literally the worst thing on raw". That's unreasonable as long as the shining stars exist

Order of influence:

1. Vince
  2. HHH
  3. Dunn
  4. Barrios
  5. Steph
  6. Michelle Wilson
  7. Hayes

Pat is consulted for Rumble booking at this point and thats it.

List is on point, however, I believe Dunn is in the no 2 spot. I heard that 3H doesn't like Dunn because of his influence over Vince. I would think Patterson would be at least above Hayes...

Fox318

Del Rio hasn't even been back for a year and he's already looking to leave / Triple H wants to get rid of him lol

They brought him back to fuck him over just like every talent.

Its what they do.

They will pay Rio to sit at home and collect if it means they can feel superior.

Man. Should have listened to X-Pac's interview with Austin first and then Strowman. Both are just fantastic, but this chat with X-Pac is super dark, but Strowman's so happy and uplifting.

Barrage

He worked a decent amount of dates at the end of last year.

Can't see him wanting to work more than maybe 2 events?

And who would he even work at this point?

Corbin?
Cena?
Seth?
Finn?
Kane?

Cena and Reigns are the only TaKer money matches left.

He worked a decent amount of dates at the end of last year.

Can't see him wanting to work more than maybe 2 events?

And who would he even work at this point?

Corbin?
Cena?
Seth?
Finn?
Kane?
The Phenom vs The Phenomenal One, goddammit.

Cena and Reigns are the only TaKer money matches left.
Reigns pinning Undertaker would probably one of the few things that would make fans resent him even more.

Top Bottom