• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Syder

Seriously, what's wrong with just calling him 'The Demon'?

In an ideal world, they just call it 'Finn Bálor's Dark Side' like it was in NXT, a psychological crutch to boost Finn's mental confidence NOT his physical ability, and don't acknowledge the Demon as it's own entity that's out there doing wrestling matches.

Also, my wife will be in this shirt:

hardcore_wrestling.png

And I will be in this one:

Proud%20Oak_3.jpg

dream

What's really interesting to me is how different Tyler comes off in that live footage versus what aired on TV. On television, he looked terrified. But now we know that he was not only not terrified, but basically knocked the dude out with a tap.

I'm not sure if this was posted but here is the video of the fan confronting Rollins. The sad thing where was security? The guy jump the rail and easily got right next to Rollins before anyone noticed. Rollins actually pushed the guy away before anyone showed up.

https://twitter.com/Laurencanrapp/status/765397141560840192
Good thing nothing bad happened. Wasn't there an incident last year at a house show where a fan got like two inches away from stabbing Dean Ambrose?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Finn's great. I'm just sad they blew their Demon shit already. It was the one opportunity they had to freshen it up and wait, and they couldn't hold their pee, and had to go RIGHT THEN.

It's part of the big push. They want to make this guy your kid's new favorite wrestler who sells a shitload of merch. You have to get the Demon part on regular TV to do that. I understand being disappointed they didn't wait but I completely understand why they did.

Seriously, what's wrong with just calling him 'The Demon'?

In an ideal world, they just call it 'Finn Bálor's Dark Side' like it was in NXT, a psychological crutch to boost Finn's mental confidence NOT his physical ability, and don't acknowledge the Demon as it's own entity that's out there doing wrestling matches.

Just accept that there's a Yu-GI-Oh gimmick in the WWE now

klonere

Banned
It's part of the big push. They want to make this guy your kid's new favorite wrestler who sells a shitload of merch. You have to get the Demon part on regular TV to do that. I understand being disappointed they didn't wait but I completely understand why they did.

hence the massive backlash in this thread and elsewhere I guess

Finn's been played more or less super safe up until now just for this purpose - utterly inoffensive towards kids who get the facepaint and all the gear attached. Sadly, its just not for me, even if I have two Balor Club t-shirts. I guess they worked me.

Aiii

So not worth it
Finn's great. I'm just sad they blew their Demon shit already. It was the one opportunity they had to freshen it up and wait, and they couldn't hold their pee, and had to go RIGHT THEN.

Guessing they felt the need to establish the character before SummerSlam to get people invested in Finn. Bit dumb, the entrance world have gotten over just fine.

Syder

Just accept that there's a Yu-GI-Oh gimmick in the WWE now
Except Yugi's dark side was always the same person. Feels like WWE are trying to sell The Demon King as a different wrestler. Imagine if Durst-ertaker/Big Evil came out on PPVs as the normal ol' classic Undertaker gimmick and then was back to Biker 'Taker the next week.

Toki767

The whole Demon King thing is just indicative of a bigger problem with the way they handle NXT callups.

They don't feel like a ton of people watch NXT or know who the wrestlers are there, and yet you have them get huge reactions in arenas and therefore they treat NXT as cannon to the main WWE TV.

Kurita

Except Yugi's dark side was always the same person. Feels like WWE are trying to sell The Demon King as a different wrestler. Imagine if Durst-ertaker/Big Evil came out on PPVs as the normal ol' classic Undertaker gimmick and then was back to Biker 'Taker the next week.
???
Yugi's dark side is a completely different person. It's the spirit of an old egyptian king. It was always made clear that Yugi and Yami Yugi are two different persons.
I'm an expert.

Syder

???
Yugi's dark side is a completely different person. It's the spirit of an old egyptian king. It was always made clear that Yugi and Yami Yugi are two different persons.
I'm an expert.
but they inhabited the same person? Yugi wasn't in the bathroom while the Egyptian guy was winning his PPVs.

Aiii

So not worth it
I really do not understand why WWE love Yuke's so much, what a waste.

Really hope Netherrealm gets to make a proper 2D fighter for WWE one of these days.

Going to SD tonight. First show ever. Pretty pumped.

Hopefully they serve alcohol at the arena.

Also I hope the rumored dark match comes to pass. Apparently it will be Roman, Dean and Cena vs Rollins, AJ and Bray. But who knows.

Anyone know how long we will have to wait after the show is over before the dark match starts?
They serve beer, it'll be in a cup instead of cans or bottles.

Top Bottom