• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

klonere

Banned
it's always cute when ya'll pretend homophobia and racism aren't the norm in the world of pro wrestling. like you just remain willfully ignorant of the culture that surrounds pro wrestling since its inception and think 'no no not my fave. he could never!'

but i thought they were all boring video game playing nerds with families now

gun_haver

billbored.gif

good to know where you stand friend, but sometimes it's good to just get into these matters

gun_haver

I was kind of hoping that Brock would give heath the match, then when it starts he puts up a finger to say "hold on", then rolls out to grab a chair and proceeds to beat the living crap out of heath with it, like an extended beat down and then an f5 onto the set up chair, drawing a DQ in the process. Then he looks at the dead slater and says "you're welcome" with a look of contempt. Heath wins and gets his contract while Brock looks like an insane monster

Then Stephanie says that the stipulation was that slater had to win by pinfall or submission and that a dq doesn't count. Or not

This would have been really cool, minus the steph part at the end.

Speaking of blackface...Finn really needs to chill with the demon stuff. He looks like an idiot when the lights come up after his entrance.

Striker

You know what, Taker happened to debut at a time where silly gimmicks like his still worked. Make Taker debut during the early 2000s and he's DOA

And that's a shoot
Depends how it was booked. Paul Bearer was a saving grace to it all. Both for 'Taker and for Kane, who debuted close to 1998. Right in the time wrestling was on fire, Austin was taking off, Goldberg, nWo, Bret's screwjob, etc.

dream

The greatest lie WWE ever told was convincing you rubes that this generation of conmen just "go back to their hotel rooms and play video games." Pro wrestlers are, always have been, and always will be terrible people.

The greatest lie WWE ever told was convincing you rubes that this generation of conmen just "go back to their hotel rooms and play video games." Pro wrestlers are, always have been, and always will be terrible people.

They can still be doing that as well, jumpin' online and screaming slurs down the headset.

klonere

Banned

but i thought the UFC had the monopoly on "interesting" and "unique" people who are "believable" drug and domestic abusers.

dream

but i thought the UFC had the monopoly on "interesting" and "unique" people who are "believable" drug and domestic abusers.

Man, the Ultimate doesn't even try to pretend their stars aren't shitty people. Look at all their tattoos and Affliction gear.

gun_haver

just wanna point out the vast majority of wwe performers are not known to have done any domestic abuse, like most people.

that's not really a good starting point for a defense but even though i'm all for a level headed criticism of the likes of aj styles, for issues unrelated to domestic abuse, we don't need to go nuts

Gurrry

Going to SD tonight. First show ever. Pretty pumped.

Hopefully they serve alcohol at the arena.

Also I hope the rumored dark match comes to pass. Apparently it will be Roman, Dean and Cena vs Rollins, AJ and Bray. But who knows.

Anyone know how long we will have to wait after the show is over before the dark match starts?

Also I hope the rumored dark match comes to pass. Apparently it will be Roman, Dean and Cena vs Rollins, AJ and Bray. But who knows.

Anyone know how long we usually have to wait after the show is over before the dark match starts?

Don't forget the signs!!!!

gun_haver

Anyone know how long we will have to wait after the show is over before the dark match starts?

they should do it more or less immediately depending on the ending. if people have to leave to set up something else it might take a minute but they're not gonna shut the show down and then bring it back on for a dark match or anything.

Gurrry

Don't forget the signs!!!!

I fucking dread some idiot holding up a sign in front of me. Sign people are the worst.

Unless that sign says Push Dr.Tracksuit, I hate you.

they should do it more or less immediately depending on the ending. if people have to leave to set up something else it might take a minute but they're not gonna shut the show down and then bring it back on for a dark match or anything.

Awesome. I have a feeling the gf might be a little burnt out by then but the dark match is my most anticipated moment lol. That and seeing what stupid eva marie thing they do tonight.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im not gonna lie, I was probably one of the few demon defenders left but just saw the Raw segment and...well... yeah that shit is corny :/

I also hate "the demon king"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finn's great. I'm just sad they blew their Demon shit already. It was the one opportunity they had to freshen it up and wait, and they couldn't hold their pee, and had to go RIGHT THEN.

I'm not sure if this was posted but here is the video of the fan confronting Rollins. The sad thing where was security? The guy jump the rail and easily got right next to Rollins before anyone noticed. Rollins actually pushed the guy away before anyone showed up.

https://twitter.com/Laurencanrapp/status/765397141560840192

One of these days a rassleman is going to get seriously hurt or killed.

If Finn wins the title, I may be a Smackdown only guy from then on. He's literally the worst.

Here are rasslemen on the Raw roster worse than the Demon King:

-Big Show
-Braun Strowman
-The Dudley Boyz
-The Shining Stars
-Jinder Mahal
-Gallows and Anderson
-Mark Henry
-R-Truth
-Roman Reigns
-Sheamus
-Sin Cara