• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Zach

Zach which ppv was it where British Bulldog got injured due to that trap door?
Like I know! Just because I've watched all of this crap doesn't mean I remember the timeline. And are we sure it was a PPV and not a Nitro?

I dunno, I remember reading about it around the time I watched it, though, because I was keeping an eye out. I don't think I noticed anything.

Pizoxuat

Poor Dolphnel Zigdars. The audience was WHATing his multiple attempts at his lines, more out of genuine confusion than malice. Everyone got on board when they got in the ring. My daughter and I tried to get a "Sander's gonna kill you" singalong going, but we got drowned out by a generic Colonel Sanders chant.

Like I know! Just because I've watched all of this crap doesn't mean I remember the timeline. And are we sure it was a PPV and not a Nitro?

I dunno, I remember reading about it around the time I watched it, though, because I was keeping an eye out. I don't think I noticed anything.
Damnit, making me google it myself. It was Fall Brawl 98

Pizoxuat

My favorite thing about Smackdown, other than reminding my daughter not to hold up her BOOOO! sign at people she actually likes, was when Becky came out. We had "BECKY SECKYTION" printouts and she spotted us while they played a recap from last week. She pointed at me, I pointed at her, we exchanged thumbs up, and then I marked out.

Loved Naomi's new entrance too, it's awesome live.

dream

Stro recently confided in me that he is considering shutting down legitshook.com. He says that no matter what type or what quality of content he adds, traffic is trending downwards. Now, strobobo is a very good friend of mine, and I know how much time he spends on the articles he authors for the site. And despite being puzzled by most of wrestling gaf at the best of times, I think legitshook.com is our site, and strobobo will always be one, if not the best, of us.

So I think we owe it to him--and to ourselves--to figure out ways to drive traffic to legitshook.com. If anyone has any ideas, please share them here and I will gladly forward them to our fallen brother.

Anth0ny

Stro recently confided in me that he is considering shutting down legitshook.com. He says that no matter what type or what quality of content he adds, traffic is trending downwards. Now, strobobo is a very good friend of mine, and I know how much time he spends on the articles he authors for the site. And despite being puzzled by most of wrestling gaf at the best of times, I think legitshook.com is our site, and strobobo will always be one, if not the best, of us.

So I think we owe it to him--and to ourselves--to figure out ways to drive traffic to legitshook.com. If anyone has any ideas, please share them here and I will gladly forward them to our fallen brother.

tbh he probably has the best, highest quality collection of wrasslin gifs on the entire internet

that has to be worth something

RBH

Honestly feel like he should start using a legitshook.com watermark on his gifs

Other than that, keep the gifs and recaps coming!

Pikma

Banned
I feel like Dolph deserves a run with the belt but giving it to him now would not help anyone, it'd be awesome if they continued his storyline and had him be the one to take the belt from Ambrose whenever his run ends, maybe 4 or 5 months from now

why the fuck do otunga and sexton have jobs on commentary

it's fucking baffling

it's kinda amazing how equally awful and useless both of them are
Young has potential but they should've left him on Superstars for a while before they brought him to the main roster imo. Davey said, they injected both of them on commentary to add some colour. My brothers look green as marvin the martian out there though lol.

I'm going to no mercy with a gangrel sign

I'm not joking

It'll be my first live event
Enjoy, the biggest difference is you'll feel lonely without the commentary tbh. I've been to many shows but the lack of commentary (even of it's bad) seems so weird. I'm skeptical of going to Mania due to those reasons alone.

Gurrry

Just finally got back home from the show.

I had a really awesome time. The show was really good and the crowd around me was lively so it made for a much better experience. The cena vs ADR match was pretty hype and the dark match was roman vs seth. Roman got booed to shit, but won.

Enjoy, the biggest difference is you'll feel lonely without the commentary tbh. I've been to many shows but the lack of commentary (even of it's bad) seems so weird. I'm skeptical of going to Mania due to those reasons alone.

The biggest thing for me for TV vs live was that I had sections on the hard camera side so alot of the times they had their backs turned to us. I think next time ill get the tickets on the other side of the arena for the better view.

Anth0ny

Young has potential but they should've left him on Superstars for a while before they brought him to the main roster imo. Davey said, they injected both of them on commentary to add some colour. My brothers look green as marvin the martian out there though lol.

i mean

of course that's why

is it so hard to find two black dudes that have any kind of personality or charisma whatsoever? because those two dudes have zero. you'd think personality and charisma is something they'd look for in an announcer that has to try and get people interested in the fake sport being portrayed before them.

Cagey

Banned
Ambrose, Miz, and Ziggler in a ring together. That trio collectively has the world champion, IC champion, and number one contender for the WC.

Only now do I see how far the darkness has spread.

Just finally got back home from the show.

I had a really awesome time. The show was really good and the crowd around me was lively so it made for a much better experience. The cena vs ADR match was pretty hype and the dark match was roman vs seth. Roman got booed to shit, but won.

The biggest thing for me for TV vs live was that I had sections on the hard camera side so alot of the times they had their backs turned to us. I think next time ill get the tickets on the other side of the arena for the better view.
Downstage left is the best place to sit if you're by the ramp but if you're ringside it usually won't matter as they'll work both ways. Usually toward the ramp more though.
i mean

of course that's why

is it so hard to find two black dudes that have any kind of personality or charisma whatsoever? because those two dudes have zero. you'd think personality and charisma is something they'd look for in an announcer that has to try and get people interested in the fake sport being portrayed before them.
Dude, my typed commentary has more charisma than both of them combined. My morse code commentary excels over both of them. Vince should hire me for those with disabilities for commentary.

But, I believe it's probably uncommon to see a black male who wants to do wrestling commentary other than myself. Most others want to be on espn lol.

Top Bottom