• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Real Talk: The David Arquette stuff is fine. The main problem is how he won the belt, one of those tag team matches where whomever gets the pin gets the belt. It didn't do anything to the sanctity of the NWA/WCW title worse than what had happened in the rest of 1999-2000. Most of the skits are good. Vince Russo is a much more inexcusable champion.

The Ready to Rumble Triple Cage Match is really watchable.

He won it on thunder. Might as well have done it on Saturday night

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He won it on thunder. Might as well have done it on Saturday night

More Real Talk: If Russo is booking then Thunder is probably worth at least tuning into. Any other time, worse than trash. Saturday Night even in its dying days is more entertaining just to see who is under contract.

Zach

Real Talk: The David Arquette stuff is fine. The main problem is how he won the belt, one of those tag team matches where whomever gets the pin gets the belt. It didn't do anything to the sanctity of the NWA/WCW title worse than what had happened in the rest of 1999-2000. Most of the skits are good. Vince Russo is a much more inexcusable champion.

The Ready to Rumble Triple Cage Match is really watchable.
I skimmed your post to avoid spoilers, but I just want to say I'm not hating watching WCW right now. It's very watchable when it's not being especially sleazy. I'm not enjoying over-the-top Scotty Steiner, though, and I know that will hurt some feelings.
Zach, how does it feel that all of your WCW grades from that era need an asterisk because you haven't watched Ready to Rumble?
Feels bad, man.

I skimmed your post to avoid spoilers, but I just want to say I'm not hating watching WCW right now. It's very watchable when it's not being especially sleazy. I'm not enjoying over-the-top Scotty Steiner, though, and I know that will hurt some feelings.

Feels bad, man.
Gives Mania 2000 a D, doesn't like over the top Steiner.

austinfinger02.gif

orioto

Good Art™
I just saw NXT and i remember some people here claiming Nakamura could absolutely perform great promos in english.

They should let him speak Japanese and have a translator, it's ok it would work better.. He seems sooooo uncomfortable trying, it kinda hurts his natural charisma. I mean he looks super shy and all..

Ithil

I just saw NXT and i remember some people here claiming Nakamura could absolutely perform great promos in english.

They should let him speak Japanese and have a translator, it's ok it would work better.. He seems sooooo uncomfortable trying, it kinda hurts his natural charisma. I mean he looks super shy and all..

He's already done a few good promos in English.

Zach

I enjoy:

Vampiro
Norman Smiley
Booker T
Kanyon
A lot of older guys like Sting and Sid occasionally

I'm sure there are more.

I like:

Steiner
Stevie Ray
The Millennium Man
Disco Inferno
Kanyon
That's right I forgot Kanyon was at his greatest during that period. Poor guy, he deserved so much more. He was a great innovator and he had a swell character. He could play his character well too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This worked out really well for the Radical Mongoose

Bring it, I say

Adam Rose got fired because he got arrested for domestic abuse while out on suspension.

Ryback was the one who got fired for opening his mouth.

The only thing Vampiro is best at is being a fucking crazy person

Hodgkinson has stated his interest in world religions, particularly occult religions such as voodoo and vampirism. Hodgkinson also claims that two spirits from Guadalajara are presently following him as the result of an unfinished ritual.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I just went for a fave five type. My list is actually maybe 20 deep? I love 1999-2001 WCW, even when it is terrible.

Other luminaries include Ernest The Cat Miller, David Flair, Little Naitch, Crowbar, Lance Storm, Canadian Hacksaw Jim Doogan, Terry Funk, Norman Smiley (who should be zero on my fave five) Kronik, 3 count...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is Lex ever not delightful in WCW though? He's great in the early days of Nitro but I haven't made it too far.

It depends on what you're looking for.

Luger always struck me as someone who knew this shit was ridiculous the entire time, even when it was popular.

Wolfpac Luger is only good for bullying Rey.

We should have a Top 10 list of the best times that Rey Mysterio was bullied and/or treated like the small kid he is. The toss into the side of a trailer has to be up there.

We should have a Top 10 list of the best times that Rey Mysterio was bullied and/or treated like the small kid he is. The toss into the side of a trailer has to be up there.

Lawn dart is #1 if we're talking about funniest

Close #2 is that month he was champ and got beat up weekly by every big guy including Kane

I'd say the time he won the belt and lost it to Cena same day was top 5

Zach

Luger's Total Package entrance is long and boring. There's no getting around it. That being said, I have grown to appreciate his post-Wolfpac goofiness on my chronological journey.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sorry, Nash is #1 and #2.

#2 is when he was cutting a promo about his match with Nash and Nash came out and just started laughing at him in the background

I just went for a fave five type. My list is actually maybe 20 deep? I love 1999-2001 WCW, even when it is terrible.

Other luminaries include Ernest The Cat Miller, David Flair, Little Naitch, Crowbar, Lance Storm, Canadian Hacksaw Jim Doogan, Terry Funk, Norman Smiley (who should be zero on my fave five) Kronik, 3 count...
I didn't even mention Team Canada as it should've been a given. Skipper was so underrated.

Man God anyone else feel free to chime in,

Between these two matches, which one was the BIGGEST bummer

Brock v Goldberg or Hogan v Sting?

Obviously everyone knows the background but these were two matches that people were fuming over, only for them to leave you angry and feeling cheated. Especially if you were in attendance.

Dude, he did a 40+ minute podcast with Jericho in full English and you could understand him perfectly. He'll be fine doing English promos.

Ugh, didn't Show get a ton of heat for just letting Rey drop like that?

I've seen this before but I just realised he hits his face/head FIRST on the ground because his arms are fucking tied to the board. Hahaha jeez, that's so terrible.
It appears Big Short did get a lot of heat for it, but I also found this while google searching:

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_4009.shtml#.V7ZAHpgrKUk
On the injury front, Rey said he is feeling better then last week and is recovering from a pulled right groin. He said he has been undergoing treatment but he is still very sore.

He talked about the incident that occurred with the Big Show and stated that Big Show dropped him right on his face and if he hadn't been as hurt as he was, he would have expressed his displeasure with the stretcher spot. He did say sometimes mistakes do happen in the ring but at other times guys can go overboard and when those situations unfold, you have to handle your business and stand on your own.
If I'm reading that right... Mysterio DIDN'T complain about the spot because he was already hurt? lol

Remember Spin Dashing said something that mad me laugh, a couple months ago whan I was browsing.

"Dean looks like he is sickly or dying from something."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man God anyone else feel free to chime in,

Between these two matches, which one was the BIGGEST bummer

Brock v Goldberg or Hogan v Sting?

Obviously everyone knows the background but these were two matches that people were fuming over, only for them to leave you angry and feeling cheated. Especially if you were in attendance.

Hogan Sting, but only because I've only seen the highlights of the other one. Hogan Sting is the biggest letdown in NA wrestling history.

Top Bottom