• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

cordy

Banned
I get a feeling that somebody big got wellnessed and they're waiting until after Summerslam to reveal it. I just wonder who it'll be. Man, if it was Roman twice? Dawg I'd crack the fuck up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Legendary oldster Rip Rogers weighs in on Eva Marie.

JbquSDG.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The more I think about it, the more I think Zayn got popped as well, which is why he doesn't have an SS match like Paige and Del Rio.

The more I think about it, the more I think Zayn got popped as well, which is why he doesn't have an SS match like Paige and Del Rio.
I think they'd have said something by now, especially since he doesn't have a match. Maybe he'd have been in Roman's spot, but that crack life don't stop for no
Mc
Man

Speaking of watching Backlash, I watched the Goldberg/Rock match a couple days ago and during the video package saw this happen

wHQrraU.gif

Right in the back of the goddamn head. Seriously, why was the Rock such an asshole with chairshots? Cena should be glad that shit was banned by 2011.

Speaking of watching Backlash, I watched the Goldberg/Rock match a couple days ago and during the video package saw this happen

wHQrraU.gif

Right in the back of the goddamn head. Seriously, why was the Rock such an asshole with chairshots? Cena should be glad that shit was banned by 2011.
The selling of that chair shot is probably some of Bill's best work.

wHQrraU.gif

This was early 2000s. 2003 in fact.

For reference, that year:
Undertaker-lesnar-chair-shot.gif

The year before:
undertaker-chairshot-o.gif

Both Taker gifs but still, the basic gist is in the early 2000s nobody knew or gave a fuck about concussions. Unfortunately I think that stuff doesn't change in WWE at all if it isn't for stuff like the horrid reactions to, for example, the Bryan/McGuinness matches or the Benoit aftermath. Stuff noticeably changed in the latter years, and 2011 on it was basically nonexistent

This was early 2000s. 2003 in fact.

For reference, that year:

The year before:

Both Taker gifs but still, the basic gist is in the early 2000s nobody knew or gave a fuck about concussions. Unfortunately I think that stuff doesn't change in WWE at all if it isn't for stuff like the horrid reactions to, for example, the Bryan/McGuinness matches or the Benoit aftermath. Stuff noticeably changed in the latter years, and 2011 on it was basically nonexistent
That's certainly true, but The Rock has, let's call it an infamous, history of really swinging for the fences. There's the Rumble 99 incident, and I remember a really horrifying chairshot prior to King of the Ring 98 he gave Shamrock that sounded like a gun going off.

That Brock chairshot is absolutely ridiculous, though. It's as close as we ever got to a guy's head breaking clean through a chair, Looney Tunes style.

Syder

Eva Marie's husband is speaking out against her suspension? Yessssss, my friend. Keep talking. It'll surely benefit your wife.

You know my entire life all I wanted to do was kip up like hbk but with my hip being twisted out of place, I was never granted the ability to do that or a squat all the way to the ground. By years end, I want to complete both of those tasks.

Top Bottom