• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Strax

GUHjQ7T.jpg

Sadly potential megastar KING CONSTANTINE was released without making it to TV.

This dude gets one year in NXT while Baron Corbin gets 4 years.

hmmmm

Anth0ny

Being part of The Union kills Big Show for awhile. He's surprisingly over as a face in mid 1999, but then nope.

Road Dogg is the number 3 face in the company where I am. Massive pops only overtaken by Rock and Austin.

yup, in 99 new age outlaws got reactions louder than everyone but rock and austin. insane.

i think their merch sold stupidly well, too.

I honestly think a bit of it is also simply being away from the performance center and being on the road.
Yeah, that definitely played a factor like for most too who leave there, but even a fair bit into the Shield's reign when they were gone from the PC for quite some time he was still pretty stacked.

Plus right now, Ambrose has freely admitted that he pretty much rides a bike to keep in shape currently which is why he's leaner then a toothpick without much muscle towards him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yknow Matt Hardy isn't anything special in the ring, but he's a serious contender for Wrestler of the Year simply based on his character and what he's doing.

I don't think there's anyone else out there who has been dogshit in the ring, but their character has been incredible like this. Most people blend both of them in some way, but Matt is one of the best characters, hands down.

Toki767

Yknow Matt Hardy isn't anything special in the ring, but he's a serious contender for Wrestler of the Year simply based on his character and what he's doing.

I don't think there's anyone else out there who has been dogshit in the ring, but their character has been incredible like this. Most people blend both of them in some way, but Matt is one of the best characters, hands down.

Eva Marie?

Fox318

We're fucked if they're actually taking Wellness seriously again

Good luck watching everyone but Bo and Dean get suspended or fired

If Vince wants the bodies like that he can't have guys working and traveling $320 dates a year.

Him being half ass on drugs and supplements without any medical oversight and advocates for the long term health of the performers is the issue.

Even then what prevents a guy like Corbin juicing himself like Frank Shamrock or abusing anything he could get his hands on to get that Vince look?

Or somebody like Bo Dallas going to extremes to stay in wrestling or get more money or a push?

Daniel Bryan was willing to put his brain as well as a body that was starting to atrophy to stay in wrestling. Imagine what some of the guys would do for a bigger push or keeping a job.

Sephzilla

tumblr_n0vav5DzGw1qevcs2o1_400.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still don't understand why eva is still with the company? It doesn't make sense to all this time and effort into somebody like her.

They're looking for crossover appeal. They're already replacing her with Mandy Rose though.

Kurita

13 Wrestlers WWE Tried To Push To The Top But Failed

Vladmir Kozlov
Mabel
Billy Gunn
The Great Khali
The Miz
Wade Barrett
Bobby Lashley
Jack Swagger
Mr. Kennedy
Lex Luger
Drew McIntyre
John Morrison
Ryback

I was so excited when Morrison got a title match against Jeff. Deep down inside I always knew he wasn't really main event material but gosh did I root for him.
And I firmly believe The Miz should be kept in the upper card/main event at all cost. He's one of the few WWE wrestlers I'd actively use as an ambassador for the brand in talk shows. He's got the celebrity look going on.

13 Wrestlers WWE Tried To Push To The Top But Failed

Vladmir Kozlov
Mabel
Billy Gunn
The Great Khali
The Miz
Wade Barrett
Bobby Lashley
Jack Swagger
Mr. Kennedy
Lex Luger
Drew McIntyre
John Morrison
Ryback
The Miz one makes no sense. He main evented a Wrestlemania, he made it to the top. It wasn't a case where they tried to push him and it failed if he made it to the big time only to fall down the ladder. Even if he's only in the midcard now, for a period of time he was at the very top of the company. He won a fucking main event of Wrestlemania for Gods sake.

Better watch out with those triple parentheses, pal. You might get labeled anti-Semitic.

Just looked up on it. That symbol originated two years ago. I thought it would be more years.

The Miz one makes no sense. He main evented a Wrestlemania, he made it to the top. It wasn't a case where they tried to push him and it failed if he made it to the big time only to fall down the ladder. Even if he's only in the midcard now, for a period of time he was at the very top of the company. He won a fucking main event of Wrestlemania for Gods sake.

I was also surprised at the Miz. Seems they only used him just because that period of time because they couldn't find anyone else for that list.

Pretty much this

Top Bottom