• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Aiii

So not worth it
Joe isn't going to the main roster, so there is no reason to assume the feud between him and NAK is ending anytime soon.

Eh, he doesn't need to turn heel for that feud to work. Might make him more interesting though, seems to be going through the motions since returning.

That makes a lot of sense as to why he's developing so well.

True, but his character is non existent at this point. It's wishful thinking, but he would be a good foil for Nakamura.

jmdajr

God damn. It's not like people don't get murdered in Houston. But they usually don't get beaten to death AND decapitated AND caught on camera.

Drugs? Revenge? Just crazy?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
God damn. It's not like people don't get murdered in Houston. But they usually don't get beaten to death AND decapitated AND caught on camera.

Drugs? Revenge? Just crazy?

What?

jmdajr

Sorry. I read the news every morning and this was a little too Grim. I guess I didn't need to share, but probably won't be long before it's national news. Well, unless Trump says something stupid, then the story will be....buried.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry. I read the news every morning and this was a little too Grim. I guess I didn't need to share, but probably won't be long before it's national news. Well, unless Trump says something stupid, then the story will be....buried.

Great

Happy Friday!

US news or...?

klonere

Banned
Prove me wrong.

In terms of people that would fit in a modern day Dangerous Alliance and retain the look and feel? Sure.

Well Boots posted the glorious Tana up above who wouldn't have looked out of place in that lineup, especially the bad/glorious wrestler hair. We've got the easy layup with Rusev as well. We've got STRONG BJ Sekimoto/Okabayashi and as an added bonus adding more MEAT to the bone. ZEEEUUUU SUUUU~. From the indies I always thought Tim Thatcher has a great, classic jacked up wrestler look. Of course there is Samoa Joe, who moves and looks like a dangerous person (the blood is cheating, I know). Drew Galloway was tapped to beat Taker for a reason - he's a classic tall, thick and long haired mean looking dude. Then we have Peter Kassa (on the left, clearly), who is ripped right from a direct to VHS 80s action movie, with his beard and jacked upness. War Machine look like tough big dudes in photos but in person my god do they exude this "don't fuck with me" aura. Data West's mancrush Jeff Cobb is another guy who just looks like a wrestler and is a legit impressive athlete on top of it. Finally have some #BIGMIKE.

I could keep going but eh

Aiii

So not worth it
See now, this is why I barely follow the news. I'm happier for it.

Cut the cord, don't watch anything I don't want to, life is wonderful and happy most of the time.

Coincidentally, have yet to watch a single second of the olympics, yay.

klonere

Banned

Cut the cord, don't watch anything I don't want to, life is wonderful and happy most of the time.

agreed, if only more people were blissfully unware of what was happening around them, the world would be a better place

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Ignorance is bliss, pal

But I'm doing the same thing. Won't lie, though. Life ain't happy. I have a hard time wanting to watch anything Olympics considering how fucked and corrupt that entire governing body is.

Aiii

So not worth it
agreed, if only more people were blissfully unware of what was happening around them, the world would be a better place

Actually, the problem is not so much about being unaware of what's going on around you, but that with the internet, the entire world's shit is at your fingertips.

And because of that, news now no longer reports on good stuff happening, but just collects all the shitty things happening in the entire world and serves it up to you in nice five to ten minute chunks.

The world is a pretty shitty place if you watch the news, but if you actually go out and see things are actually not falling apart and people around you are just normal people doing normal people things, the world is a lot brighter.

The line-up for Mania weekend next year is fucking ridiculous;

Thursday:
-Wrestle Pro
-EVOLVE

Friday:
-Revolution Pro
-CZW
-PROGRESS
-Evolve
-CHIKARA
-Kaiju Big Battel

Saturday:
-SHIMMER
-CHIKARA
-WWN Supershow: EVOLVE vs PROGRESS
-WrestleCon Women's Supershow
-Beyond Wrestling

Sunday:
-WrestleCon Supershow

And that's before you factor in Mania itself, the HOF, NXT, New Japan and whatever the fuck ROH are planning. INSANE.

You can add Lucha Underground to this list as well

KingBroly

Banned
The line-up for Mania weekend next year is fucking ridiculous;

Thursday:
-Wrestle Pro
-EVOLVE

Friday:
-Revolution Pro
-CZW
-PROGRESS
-Evolve
-CHIKARA
-Kaiju Big Battel

Saturday:
-SHIMMER
-CHIKARA
-WWN Supershow: EVOLVE vs PROGRESS
-WrestleCon Women's Supershow
-Beyond Wrestling

Sunday:
-WrestleCon Supershow

And that's before you factor in Mania itself, the HOF, NXT, New Japan and whatever the fuck ROH are planning. INSANE.

At this point, WWE is the new NWA basically.

klonere

Banned
Actually, the problem is not so much about being unaware of what's going on around you, but that with the internet, the entire world's shit is at your fingertips.

And because of that, news now no longer reports on good stuff happening, but just collects all the shitty things happening in the entire world and serves it up to you in nice five to ten minute chunks.

The world is a pretty shitty place if you watch the news, but if you actually go out and see things are actually not falling apart and people around you are just normal people doing normal people things, the world is a lot brighter.

Did you actually watch/read the news pre-internet? Apart from end of program feel good piece or the humour/comic pages of the newspapers it's always been about reporting "the bad stuff".

The news has always been an amalgamation of what bad stuff is happening in the world. If it bleeds, it leads has been a watchword in news since the mid-80s. The internet didn't come along and make everything miserable all of a sudden. The Sun has had its screaming, ugly headlines on shelves for decades. I was listening to morning radio news going into primary school talking about rioting in Belfast or the Gulf War.

The internet gives you great power to know more stuff about the world around you, you don't have to couch it in this millennial notion "make me feel bad, me shut off, go back to netflix".

Sorry, this a derail this thread doesn't need. Your still a cool guy Aiiii <3

Aiii

So not worth it
I was born in 1983 klonere.

I can't help that your country consists of bitter old tits and isn't as happy as the rest of Europe.

klonere

Banned
Hey I like to think we are actually a pretty happy bunch :(

euhappiness26jun.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's satisfaction though - is that what happiness is?

Sorry, I was referring to Jon Jones who tested positive to two banned substances which I though each carried a two year suspension.

You're correct about Jones. He's likely done until 2020 if he indeed tested positive for two substances. And Silva was suspended right before the policy became two years per substance instead of one

klonere

Banned
Well, Finn straight up talking about how they taught him to slow down in the PC, saying that Terry Taylor thought he'd only have a few years more left working the style in Japan.

Problem is instead of finding a completely new style to account for that, he just slowed down, lightened up and spaced out his old stuff which has made it super rote and unimpressive to watch most of the time.

Luckily, we're also #2 in the world on the EF English Proficiency Index, so that's good.

Also, we're not Holland, ffs. We've brought this on ourselves.

Huh, now I feel like an American who asks about the whole Northern Ireland/UK/Republic thing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've got so much to watch this weekend, pretty exciting time.

Looking forward to everyone's impressions of Takeover, UFC, and Summerslam. Gonna fire back up some real community stuff once this weekend is over and I have some spare time.

Aiii

So not worth it
Huh, now I feel like an American who asks about the whole Northern Ireland/UK/Republic thing.

Hey, unless you think you've been to a glacier in The Netherlands, you're not as bad as an American.

Yes, some motel clerk in Utah actually said she had been to The Netherlands, the flattest country in the world, and seen a glacier.

Bandini

Anyone else having people over for Summerslam featuring not Sami Zayn?

I'm thinking about making chili.

Most likely, probably just a couple buddies. Will fire up the grill and possibly the smoker, but maybe not cause ribs have really been doing a number on me the last few times.

They're so good... but then I don't want to look at meat for a week afterward.

Pretty dumb that Sami's not on the card.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, unless you think you've been to a glacier in The Netherlands, you're not as bad as an American.

Yes, some motel clerk in Utah actually said she had been to The Netherlands, the flattest country in the world, and seen a glacier.

This makes them bad? :(

Top Bottom