• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Only a few days away until Rusev reigns supreme over the Roman Empire.

tumblr_nk7glqVV241sj4xr4o1_500.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lapsed Caudle is great

Lapsed Caudle is great

Lapsed Fan needs to do wrestle War 92

Lapsed Ole is great

Lapsed Vince talking to Lapsed Funk is great.

Vince: you going to juice hard

Funk:Okay

Lapsed Fan for one night stand 2006 is pretty good so far

Lapsed Nash is great

Lapsed fan mitb is really good

The Vince impersonator on the lapsed fan is great

Lapsed fan MITB 2011 is a 2 parter

My god

Yes, those first two are separate posts on the same day.

Slightconfuse, I love you. I'm only doing this because I find it comical. But shouldn't there be a Lapsed Fan OT? Like seriously.

DMczaf

There's something about Sunny always trying to backseat mod this thread....

Reminds me of when WWE would try to pretend Gorilla or Sgt. Slaughter had actual power.

jmdajr

Did you see that T Mobile deal starting in September? $70 for Unlimited Data, Talk, Text. I think I might jump ship and get on that deal. Especially since it's only $30 more for adding another line.

In other news, Seth calling out McGregor on ESPN was a nice piece of news. He's great on the mic even when it's live on normal TV.

Hmmm. I'll make a note.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's something about Sunny always trying to backseat mod this thread....

Reminds me of when WWE would try to pretend Gorilla or Sgt. Slaughter had actual power.

would you STOP

However, Michaels was a recent guest on Vince Russo’s The Brand podcast and revealed that plans for the legends were much firmer than we were led to believe heading into WrestleMania. According to Shawn, plans for him, Austin, and Foley to run-in following the League of Nations vs. The New Day match were set in place for quite a while. In fact, Michaels told Russo that Vince McMahon called him six weeks prior to the event with the rundown of those plans.

Additionally, some other interesting bit of news comes from the fact that Michaels was not in the best of shape when Vince made that call. Hard to believe after seeing “Mr. WrestleMania” without his shirt on during the spot. HBK said that Vince wanted him to appear in his wrestling gear and that Foley and Austin would be doing the same. Shawn originally opposed the thought, but Vince urged him to start training, and if all three appeared in their gear, it would make it that much more of a special WrestleMania moment.

Obviously, Mick Foley basically wrestles in his everyday clothes anyway, so there was no necessary training to be done there, although Mick did reveal he had lost quite a bit of weight over the last several months. But when Michaels saw Austin the day of WrestleMania, he realized Vince was feeding him some B.S. Michaels had just trained twice a day for six weeks, but when showtime came around, he didn’t care as he had gotten back into great shape and wanted to show off his physique. An extra thanks to Shawn’s wife who was monitoring his diet from the time Vince made the call.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2998713/wwe-news-update-on-original-wrestlemania-plans-for-wwe-legends/

They played the audio of the interview on Between the Sheets and it's much worse than it reads. It some really fucking heinous stuff, the venom he injects into the homophobic slurs is just disgusting.
Link?
Watts is a bigoted piece of shit, for sure - reading his book kinda put it into perspective. He's one of those who feels that by being Born Again all his prior sins have been absolved, without actually making any effort to change his character, to be more accepting or to atone for his wrongdoings. In fact, throughout the course of the book he almost seems to revel in his cuntishness - there's a wistful tone there, one of a man reminiscing about the years gone by when he was powerful and could exert that power upon others by being a bully, an abuser and a bigot. Then he switches right back into his preachy Born Again bullshit.
It doesn't work like that you know? He's doing it for all of the wrong reasons and it makes me believe that he still acts that way. I don't know the man but he'll be judged later on.

Sorry. I read the news every morning and this was a little too Grim. I guess I didn't need to share, but probably won't be long before it's national news. Well, unless Trump says something stupid, then the story will be....buried.
And that's one of those reasons why I've left the industry. I get tired of the same bullshit everyday, I'll be glad when the election is over so I don't have to hear or see Donald Trump all the time, etc

Aiii

So not worth it
Where can I work

Anywhere you want, what are your skills?

I would want to learn the local language anyway.

Man I want to move so bad. Need to keep pushing for my financial goals first and im outta here! my intent coming to the states was to get my degree and leave but then i met my wife and y'know how that goes.

Hey, the States aren't half bad, really enjoyed it and nobody tried to shoot me, so that was good too.

Top Bottom