• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

I love Sam Zayn. But dude was just in a random pre-show tag match, right?

Yeeeah.

Yeah but this is WWE, a universe where Swagger was once jobbing to Santino and then 3 weeks later was WHC.
Recent SD championship challenger Ziggler was jobbing to Baron Corbin on pre shows prior to the draft.

There's still....hope? I'm not sure that's the word I'm looking for, anything can happen in the world wrestling federation!

The only positive is that this does set him up really well to come back and win the Rumble. He has a great build to WM built-in going for a title he never lost on the biggest stage.

Yeah but this is WWE, a universe where Swagger was once jobbing to Santino and then 3 weeks later was WHC.
Recent SD championship challenger Ziggler was jobbing to Baron Corbin on pre shows prior to the draft.

There's still....hope? I'm not sure that's the word I'm looking for, anything can happen in the world wrestling federation!
According to No DQ, they're going to use Sami and Neville for the tag division lmao

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I find it funny how it was after Ambrose vs Ziggler and likely was intended as the rest break for the audience when it had the crowd arguably more alive than their match.

Was thinking the same thing. The Balor-Seth match was great though, and I loved to see the Demon win! Sucks his reign only lasted a day :( Another victim of Rollins.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Let's see how WWE punishes Seth Rollins for his constant indiscretion of the safety of his co-workers

oh another title shot? sounds about right

UberTag

The only positive is that this does set him up really well to come back and win the Rumble. He has a great build to WM built-in going for a title he never lost on the biggest stage.
You could also argue that he doesn't need the Rumble win because of his built-in rematch clause and you can give the Rumble win to someone else and make the match unpredictable... for ONCE.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Rollins is about as safe as Brazilian drinking water.

Was the two last matches good? Considering skipping them and just tuning into Raw instead.

Waste of time. I thought the Lesnar/Orton match had potential and was heating up nicely after the RKO on the table, but then the elbow fuckery happened.

cordy

Banned
For all the shit about Ambrose's wrestling, since the guy debuted in 2012 he's been the only guy on the roster this high on the card wrestling non-stop who hasn't been injured. All the others have been injured, concussed, shit even wellness violations but Ambrose is still good. Just more proof they need to give the belt to Owens. Owens is a workhorse and while he's only been on the main roster for a little over the year, he's been killing it and even in NXT he was killing it. Owens deserves this belt. He can be a great face, great heel, whatever you need just give him a shot.

You need an ironman as a Raw champion. Owens is that guy. There's no better guy than him.

Sephzilla

Time to bring back the big dog

23.jpg
Real talk; This was the last credible and interesting champ since Brock.

Pikma

Banned
WWE could have tried to go after more interesting talent for the brand split and have them fill some upper card level spots but nah, they lowballed everyone and only got a bunch of jobbers nobody cares about in return.

so now all the credible main event talent they got for Raw are Reigns and Rollins (unless I'm forgetting someone?).

Edit: Oh and Brock...

Let's see how WWE punishes Seth Rollins for his constant indiscretion of the safety of his co-workers

oh another title shot? sounds about right

If that actually happens (it will) have Sami or any face
not Roman and his channel changing suck ass
call that shit out and you have Rollins come off as that biggest heel in the company. For real this time. This is the first time I feel actual heat off of Rollins and yes the circumstances are grim but the positives can be turned from this negative

Finn ligit hurt?

He's Finnjured, son.

WWE could have tried to go after more interesting talent for the brand split and have them fill some upper card level spots but nah, they lowballed everyone and only got a bunch of jobbers nobody cares about in return.

so now all the credible main event talent they got for Raw are Reigns and Rollins (unless I'm forgetting someone?).

They were only ever looking for guys to put over new guys. They weren't looking at bringing back anyone in a major role. That's why they low balled, because they didn't really care to miss out if the talent didn't take the offers.

Pikma

Banned
They were only ever looking for guys to put over new guys. They weren't looking at bringing back anyone in a major role. That's why they low balled, because they didn't really care to miss out if the talent didn't take the offers.
Well, who are they going to put over now?

KissVibes

Banned
I'm starting to seriously wonder if Seth is pulling some shit. I would hope not, and I am just some internet idiot, but there is a pattern to be found here.

Top Bottom