• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

bjork

Dear friends

RXisdmO.gif

I just did it.

Now we wait for processing to confirm payment, and I'm done.

edit - new page, let's relax

eTQyyZo.gif

sora87

Shield Reunion will obviously happen at some point, but I would be surprised if it wasn't 10 years down the road when they're basically the equivalent of what Randy Orton is now.

Reigns having the Shield's theme would kind of ruin a lot of the fun though.

Yes roman needs a new theme before long. I envision it as a new faction or something coming in and running riot then targeting Rollins and Reigns and Ambrose individually. Then one night they can attack one of them who're in the main event after attacking the other two backstage, then they both come out to help, end with all 3 of the shield members staring each other down weary of the others. Next week when whoever the faction is are cutting a promo... hit that shield intro.

Oersted

Current glorified jobbers:

Curtis Axel
Shining Stars
Titus O'Neil
The Vaudevillains
Apollo Crews
#1 contender for some reason Dog Ziggler
Erick Rowan
The Ascension
Heath Slater
Bo Dallas
Sin Cara

Anyone else?

Wouldn't count Bo Dallas. He is shown as one of weakest humans on the planet.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
New guy they signed is 6'6", 310? Dude's getting promoted to the main roster way too fast.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Although who knows if you can get promoted to the main roster when your gimmick is fighting over waifus.

bjork

Xavier seems like the kinda dude that would've come into my shop and asked me if Naruto could beat the Wing Zero in a fight.

This other guy looks like the kinda dude that would've inspected the replica katanas and called me sempai.

[edit - and slept with an asuka pillow, apparently]

Exodust

Banned
Tonight's RAW will be the first RAW I watch since the year of our lord 2012. I expect nothing, especially since I heard last Raw was actually pretty good.

orioto

Good Art™
Our current WWE Champion was stuck in gimmick matches and multiman matches not long ago either

It was different for Ambrose i think. The guy always had a foot in the main event with its Shield connection, from the start. There was a story there, it was just waiting to happen.

Owens or Zayn have no kayfabe relation with the main event picture for now. Maybe when Zayn will be a champ one day, then Owens will have a reason to have a main event angle..

For now Owens is just the personal bitch of Ambrose, and will be the one of Reigns soon probably.

I don't even get it. The concept of Zayn and Owens being enhancement talent makes no sense unless you consider every person who ever loses a match to be enhancement talent. It's not even a debatable point, really.

You sure ? Woo did they chose to "enhance" Nakamura when they needed something big enough ? Zayn for the debut and Owens to replace Cena in Hawai! Each time they need a protected star to win a match against somoene legit enough, it'll be Zayn or OWens right now :)

Sephzilla

I guess also ask this, do you really want Owens/Zayn getting main event pushes as WWE goes into their dead part of the year where everyone watches the NFL instead?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess also ask this, do you really want Owens/Zayn getting main event pushes as WWE goes into their dead part of the year where everyone watches the NFL instead?

I don't care, if they're actually good it won't matter when

Sephzilla

I don't care, if they're actually good it won't matter when

I don't think anyone is going to question whether or not Owens and Zayn are talented enough to hold main event spots
they are
. But it's more that this time of year is when WWE's creative staff stops giving shits and starts booking really lazy stories. If those two are going to get into the main event picture I'd much rather it be around Royal Rumble time and not the time of year WWE tries to make you believe Shaemus or Big Show are threats.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fave Five Anime Waifus

1. Fayefaye
2. Nakadai Keiko
3. Perona
4. Yukari from Azumanga
5. Fuyutsuki from GTO

HOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHOROHORO

Fuyutsuki in GTO live-action was so great. THEY GOT MARRIED IRL, BJORK

orioto

Good Art™
I don't think anyone is going to question whether or not Owens and Zayn are talented enough to hold main event spots
they are
. But it's more that this time of year is when WWE's creative staff stops giving shits and starts booking really lazy stories. If those two are going to get into the main event picture I'd much rather it be around Royal Rumble time and not the time of year WWE tries to make you believe Shaemus or Big Show are threats.

They do that all the time!

i'm probably obscessed and more concerned than i should, but for me this is not about "when will they get their push". For me it's about the horror that would be Owens or Zayn (i'm less concerned for him, he'll be ziggler at worse) being in midcard and losing for soo long that nobody cares and it ends with some sort of future endeavored. You know, what happened with so many talented stars before them (i know they are way more talented than most, they are moty material).

Those things happen progressively. Nobody is worried about the signs, no tv promos, lots of losses, no more protected (Owens would not lose clean against anyone (apart from Cena of course) in his first 4-5 months in RAW, that's when you're protected and they want you to look legit and competitive), no storyline, not featured with money makers in adds...

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
they are

I hope I'm not proven wrong, but thus far Owens/Zayn seem immune to bad creative. Their matches are individually too good, and they're better than most at telling a story in the match instead of via promo.

orioto

Good Art™
Let's try to avoid gendered insults around here please, friend orioto.

Ha sorry i don't even think about that as such a thing! My bad!

I hope I'm not proven wrong, but thus far Owens/Zayn seem immune to bad creative. Their matches are individually too good, and they're better than most at telling a story in the match instead of via promo.

But it's still ruined in the end. Look at the moty they did at battleground. But it had zero build, AND zero following. At RAW there was no mention, no selling, no kayfabe follow up, nothing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How much longer until you guys are tired of Zayn/Owens? I already am, partially because for a couple years pre-WWE that was a lot of what I saw, but I'm definitely ready for those two to move on from each other.

Sephzilla

How much longer until you guys are tired of Zayn/Owens? I already am, partially because for a couple years pre-WWE that was a lot of what I saw, but I'm definitely ready for those two to move on from each other.

I'm not tired of them but their feud needs to end and not come back until a year or two from now when they're going for the title

notworksafe

I enjoy both Zayn and Owens but they can move on from each other for now and then come back in a while. It's why I hoped Zayn would get drafted to Smackdown...oh well. :(

Aiii

So not worth it

They did after their amazing feud ending match, why are we talking like they are still in a feud?

Yep. Their Battleground match was the perfect ending to their feud for now. Give them a few years apart, and then let them get back into it. That match was tremendous.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cause there is nothing more for them it seems for now, except for losing first contender matches every weeks

After one show where they were in the top 8 workers of the show.... Can you really state there is nothing for them?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They did after their amazing feud ending match, why are we talking like they are still in a feud?

people keep shipping them together all the time. bleh

orioto

Good Art™
After one show where they were in the top 8 workers of the show.... Can you really state there is nothing for them?

Being in the actual midcard fake contender, being here to create some challenge for the actual main eventer means nothing. Some years ago you would have had Morison, Benjamin, Kennedy, MVP.. in this kind of match. Midcard for life.

Why at Wrestlemania?

Why can't cool shit happen more often than once a year?
I'm talking about this year's WrestleMania where all things pointed to Charlotte losing. Cool shit can happen all the time but the "new era" of the Women's Division it made sense for there to be a new champion even if short term, never mind the moment of Ric's interference backfiring which didn't happen either. Ain't nothing wrong with it happening on Raw but Charlotte should've lost at WrestleMania to Becky who could've won it then only for Charlotte to win it back at the next PPV or whatever with Dana Brook showing up.

Fans :
"Breh, what's the point of this B-Tier PPV or that RAW? Nothing ever happens"

"DUDE, why did they waste this cool moment on a B-Tier PPV or during RAW????!!!!"

Or, you regularly have the "cool moments" on those shows too and follow through on what has been built up, something this last WrestleMania largely failed at. Cool moments on TV (barring post-WM Raw) and B-level PPVs are largely forgotten today, WM and Summerslam are treated as bigger stages and in turn what happens at them more memorable.

I hate it.

Never happy. Never fucking happy.
I'm not even knocking the title change happening when it did just that it deserved a bigger stage and now they're going to have a rematch at Summerslam though to be fair it makes the outcome less predictable.

This guy is on a way different level of weeb than Xavier is

bv0SUam.png
Xavier seems like the kinda dude that would've come into my shop and asked me if Naruto could beat the Wing Zero in a fight.

This other guy looks like the kinda dude that would've inspected the replica katanas and called me sempai.

[edit - and slept with an asuka pillow, apparently]

Well, I know what his first angle/gimmick should be. NXT Asuka's biggest fan.

Angry Grimace

It was different for Ambrose i think. The guy always had a foot in the main event with its Shield connection, from the start. There was a story there, it was just waiting to happen.

Owens or Zayn have no kayfabe relation with the main event picture for now. Maybe when Zayn will be a champ one day, then Owens will have a reason to have a main event angle..

For now Owens is just the personal bitch of Ambrose, and will be the one of Reigns soon probably.

You sure ? Woo did they chose to "enhance" Nakamura when they needed something big enough ? Zayn for the debut and Owens to replace Cena in Hawai! Each time they need a protected star to win a match against somoene legit enough, it'll be Zayn or OWens right now :)

Except wrestling isn't divided into the main event and jobbers. It doesn't work like that.

Sephzilla

Today I realized Hey Arnold apparently has/had a huge following despite it never seeming to be that popular when it was on. Has 90's nostalgia gone too far? I don't know. Subscribe to my newsletter.

Angry Grimace

Lilian Garcia retired again (her father has cancer and she is going to be taking care of him).

I guess that means the NXT guy is gonna be the SmackDown announcer and Jojo is the Raw announcer.

Top Bottom