• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Classic Match of the Day

Animal Hamaguchi vs Mighty Inoue - (IWE 09/26/73)

A proper classic match here, as Animal Hamaguchi takes on Mighty Inoue in the International Wrestling Enterprise. IWE is the forgotten brother of New Japan and All Japan, formed out of the ashes of Rikidozan's JWA. Plagued by financial troubles throughout its existence, the IWE nevertheless played a big part in the history of Japanese pro-wrestling. In a bid to find more foreign talent, they were one of the first promotions to bring in European talent. Billy Robinson even became the first foreign man to hold a Japanese promotion's top title. IWE was also notable for hosting the first ever cage match in Japan. The company folded as the 80's began and most of it's top stars made their way to New Japan & All Japan, including Hamaguchi & Inoue. This match starts off pretty evenly. Inoue works over the neck like a BOSS, while Hamaguchi is equally impressive working over the arm. There's this one moment where Inoue counters an armbreaker so perfectly, I had to rewind and watch it again a half dozen times. Eventually, Inoue realises this shit isn't working, so he just slaps Hamaguchi in the chops. Both dudes trade some pretty huge strikes before busting out the big guns (of sorts, this is 1973). The finish is pretty sweet. Real fun technical match here between two dudes who most probably aren't at all familiar with. Well worth a watch.

Inoue working that side-headlock;

iVhrMkuapgzHi.gif

Alternate Match of the Day that I can't be bothered to write about, but it should be entirely self evident why it's worth watching, based solely on the names involved;

Jun Akiyama vs Hiroyoshi Tenzan - G1 XIII FINAL - (NJPW 08/17/03)

Lol. I tried to catch up on all the comments today, but there were too many. I wish YT had a comment system like most message boards.

I mostly just wanted to read more from that one guy arguing about how the geyz are making us devolve back into neanderthals or whatever the fuck.

Christian is slow in the ring, boring promos, boring matches. essentially kept around for the inevitable skits everytime Edge makes an appearance. dude owes Edge his job.

Kaladin

You can tell when Christian stops giving a fuck because all of his matches become the same series of moves. That's where he was at before he went away this last time....for me at least.

You can tell when Christian stops giving a fuck because all of his matches become the same series of moves. That's where he was at before he went away this last time....for me at least.

pick any one random Christian match of the last 2 years. watch it and you've seen them all.

strobogo

Banned
I mostly just wanted to read more from that one guy arguing about how the geyz are making us devolve back into neanderthals or whatever the fuck.

I was more interested in your scrotum and sailor talk.

But that dude with the Ric Flair avatar was great. He studied science for 3 years in college, at Princeston, so he knows that the gays are an epidemic and will somehow lead homo-sapiens to devolving into neanderthals due to...idk, glory holes or something.

somedevil

Some TNA News:

Brooke Hogan fired

No details are available at the moment but we've had several confirmations that Brooke Hogan was fired by TNA.

The story was actually going around the WWE roster on Thursday but it wasn't untli today we could confirm it with TNA.

I wonder if this is the reason Hogan didn't appear on the Norfolk shows where he was advertised for.

jred2k

So is there any chance Ricardo actually becomes a wrestling part of the roster at SS? Him being written off tv feels like its probably related to his suspension, but a part of me hopes he re-debuts El Local.

Ithil

So is there any chance Ricardo actually becomes a wrestling part of the roster at SS? Him being written off tv feels like its probably related to his suspension, but a part of me hopes he re-debuts El Local.

He's a good wrestler and the crowd love him, so I see no reason to not put him in the active mid card.

strobogo

Banned
Seriously, I'm continually amazed by just how great Drake Younger has been these past few years, I would love to see him get some well deserved success for this shit he's put himself through.

Also, lol, fucking Vince; http://i.minus.com/ibqs1jrJNRMILP.gif

That was a real fun main event on Smackdown.

That's great. Mark Henry should steal that blazer.

Why is WCW/NWO World Tour so much better than WCW vs The World? They were made by the same people, pretty much around the same time, but World Tour is dramatically better. In a lot of ways, it's really an updated port, but vs The World is almost unplayable today.

Toki767

Why is WCW/NWO World Tour so much better than WCW vs The World? They were made by the same people, pretty much around the same time, but World Tour is dramatically better. In a lot of ways, it's really an updated port, but vs The World is almost unplayable today.

If my memory is correct, WCW vs The World was out a year earlier in Japan under Virtual Pro Wrestling. World Tour was out a year later as Virtual Pro Wrestling 64. So World Tour is kind of a sequel. They just happened to be out at the same time in the US, but one was clearly an older game.

somedevil

Maybe he's got a spot in the NXT tryouts they've got next week. Both the American Wolves are apparently in those tryouts too.

Yeah this and the WWE likes to use Indie talent for extras and PWG is stationed in California.

edit: lol who wants Garrett or Wes's autograph.

Ricardo messed up and showed them that he really isn't needed is Del Rio anymore over or any less over since losing Ricardo. NOPE. I would like to see Ricardo use the Chimera character and actually wrestle though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's great. Mark Henry should steal that blazer.

N64 is a better system for that sort of game. Handles more polygons, has way more and better RAM, can do some 3D tricks that the PSX would choke on.

Also The World is the first VJPW game reskinned while World Tour is basically its sequel. Correct me if I'm wrong (I only played The World once for about five minutes) but it doesn't even have the regular AKI grappling system.

strobogo

Banned
They hadn't come up with the grapple system for Vs The World yet. I mean, it was kind of getting there sort of, but was awkward. I played it today for the first time in many years and it is janky as fuck. World Tour still holds up, even though it is obviously less refined than the rest of the AKI games.

Kane's finishing maneuver is better than Christian's. His entrance is better. His merchandise is better. His physique is better. Etc, etc.

His entrance (and matches) give me a great opportunity to do something else with my time

Seriously, Miz had everything perfectly under control on his talk show, MizTV. Stupid HHH always has to bury The Miz.

John Cena totally burying MizTV was great.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ilO8hGByxHn7y.gif

I really thought you'd like this more, Sunny.

I haven't had a chance to use it. It was saved to my Dropbox gif collection :3

It really is spectacular. I saw it this morning as I left for work, so I didn't have time to comment, but I did save it. I love it.

Top Bottom