• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

I barely turned in when Umaga/Lashley was around. That clip though is hilarious.

Wait, Lashley had the Dominator as his finisher???
He used to use this high impact version of the Ron Simmons/Farooq dominator and it looked great.
But then they changed his finisher to a relatively bland running powerslam but still called it the dominator, his finisher was the only thing I liked about Lashley and WWE managed to fuck that up, keeping the name was like salt in the wound.

jred2k

With Total Divas being such a success their next show should really be reality show centered on Vince McMahon. Maybe break him and Linda up beforehand and make it a dating show. I would watch that live daily if they could produce it.

It would have been fun to see him during Linda's last run for Senator. I just imagine a bunch of footage of him being on the phone yelling "THAT COSTS HOW MUCH?" and "LINDA, YOU BETTER FUCKING WIN THIS TIME!"

Peco

Absolutely. Will give you an introduction to the biggest stars and wrestling style without heavy storylines.

Yeah, it's a good place to jump in - you'll get a feel for the top players in the promotion and there aren't really too many storylines you need to be familiar with. I'd also recommend Invasion Attack and Wrestle Kingdom VII from this year, both were amazing shows.

Thanks.

That's what a bunch of us (including myself) did! Went smooth as silk. Just don't miss Bootaaay's amazing introduction writeup.

Nice, I'll have to read that before.

Kaladin

I feel like G1 Climax tournament is as close as you can get to a sports presentation in a wrestling event. It felt like I was watching the world cup matches from overseas or something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What do you make of this FE? I wanted it to look different from most peoples'.
sKkaHMB.jpg

Ithil

Watching Smackdown, Ryback's new Bullyback character is by far the best thing he's done as Ryback, he actually has a personality. He's basically Biff Tannen.

Kurita

Man, I stopped watching wrestling a long time ago, like last year's Wrestlemania.
But when I lurk around here you guys seem to have a lot of fun, maybe I should start watching again... Though I'm afraid I'd be completely lost if I just watched the latest RAW or something.
Are there any must-see shows (be it weeklies or PPV) from 2013 that I should watch to get what the hell is going on?

Man, I stopped watching wrestling a long time ago, like last year's Wrestlemania.
But when I lurk around here you guys seem to have a lot of fun, maybe I should start watching again... Though I'm afraid I'd be completely lost if I just watched the latest RAW or something.
Are there any must-see shows (be it weeklies or PPV) from 2013 that I should watch to get what the hell is going on?

lol fun. Come back in this thread when Cena wins :)

To answer your question, I would just watch SummerSlam this Sunday and go from there. You should pick things up quickly.

If looking for stuff overseas, G1 Climax 23 just ended in NJPW. Great way to get started there.

If you are interested in the US indy scene, PWG (my current fav), ROH, AAW, DGUSA/EVOLVE are your top choice.

BFIB

I don't get to watch near as much as I'd like, but Bootaay and Falling Edge are always willing to link some great matches that us who don't get to follow religiously can watch from overseas.

As far as current goes, SummerSlam is Sunday, and there is a SS thead in the off-topic forum with some synopsis on the matches.

I've also been thinking of making some 'documentary' series that would never be made otherwise. Feel free to chime in with your suggestions:

"The Pedigree - Hunter Hearst Helmsley's Aristocratic Hits" - a collection of snooty HHH

"A Retrospective: Vader in the Attitude Era" - Vader's unenthusiastic Attitude Era runs

"Year One: Dave Batista" - Batista's first year in WWE. So bad.

"NXT: Season 2 Highlights"

"WWE Diva Division's Greatest Matches" 2009-2012 Diva's championship matches

Got any others?

This is a Test: The ECW run of Test

The Greatest Hits of Stevie Night Heat

The Many Themes of Wade Barrett

former WWE writer Alex Greenfield on Vince McMahon wanting to censor Christian's face on television:

fucking lol

Kaladin

The 8/15 edition of Hardcore Justice Impact did 1,319,000 viewers, which was up from last week's 1,179,000 but down from 7/18 Destination X Impact, which did 1,494,000 viewers.

7/11/2013 1,190,000
7/18/2013 Destination X 1,494,000
7/25/2013 1,314,000
8/1/2013 1,246,000
8/8/2013 1,179,000
8/15/2013 Hardcore Justice Part 1 1,319,000

So if The Rock went to TNA, it would be "The million watching at home?"

jred2k

The 8/15 edition of Hardcore Justice Impact did 1,319,000 viewers, which was up from last week's 1,179,000 but down from 7/18 Destination X Impact, which did 1,494,000 viewers.

7/11/2013 1,190,000
7/25/2013 1,314,000
8/1/2013 1,246,000
8/8/2013 1,179,000

And "The Hundreds in Attendance"

somedevil

7/11/2013 1,190,000
7/25/2013 1,314,000
8/1/2013 1,246,000
8/8/2013 1,179,000

Impact had its most viewers in January when they were doing 1.5-1.6 million viewers and after that nothing close to that until the Destination x show.

They actually did 1.7 million viewers and that show was the end of the Claire Lynch storyline.

YOU JUST MADE THE LIST.

If it makes you feel any better i'd much sooner see him win than ADR but lets face reality, Christian is enhancement talent at this point.
Don't worry, you'll get to join us Kane fans praising how much of a great guy your wrestler of choice is for putting people over because it's all they can really do seeing that they sure as hell aren't winning any major titles anymore.

strobogo

Banned
Sadly, Christian was NEVER going to be a top guy. I consider him the Bobby Eaton of his era, which I think is a higher compliment than 12 time world champion.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sadly, Christian was NEVER going to be a top guy. I consider him the Bobby Eaton of his era, which I think is a higher compliment than 12 time world champion.

Bobby Eaton is a far more valuable figure than Christian ever has been.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I would agree with this also, but I think Christian has been the closest thing to a Bobby Eaton WWE has had, particularly from his return from TNA on.

Problem is, Christian isn't self-aware at how bad he is. He can't be good at being pathetic because he legit thinks he's good.

Top Bottom