• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

strobogo

Banned
I hate all the multiple characters. I don't understand why they can't just have different skins for the same character that are used in specific matches, especially since pretty much all the guys keep the same moveset, so they just take up space. Why do you need current day HBK and retro? All HBK is retro HBK.

It feels so lazy and then the current guys get dicked out of spots because of it. No PTP last year, but 3 HHHs, 3 Undertakers, 2 Kanes, 2 Cenas, 2 Big Shows, 3 Foleys, 2 Litas.

I want an NXT DLC pack.

Kaladin

Oh, apparently IGN spoiled 2k's live stream. They took the article down but someone had already copied it and it is now all over the place.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
After watching the gameplay stream, it's 99% the same game as last year >_>

those characters in the game looks like the biggest selling point.

Just put GM mode back and I'll buy it.

Kaladin

After watching the gameplay stream, it's 99% the same game as last year >_>

those characters in the game looks like the biggest selling point.

Just put GM mode back and I'll buy it.

Same as every year....if you buy it, you're gonna buy it.

2k, please dump Yukes.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Same as every year....if you buy it, you're gonna buy it.

2k, please dump Yukes.

I''m waiting for 2k15 for the Hall Of Fame mode where you have to fight everyone in the WWE HoF and for the last match you have to wrestle Bruno Sammartino. The trick is he's OP and reverses all your grapples.

I'm talking Great Khali from SD vs Raw 07 OP

strobogo

Banned
Dat Cena/D-Bryne go home segment. And the week before. I really didn't expect a Cena/Bryan program to have such strong promo work. D-Bryne is bringing it, and Cena looks like he's so much more interested in this kind of thing than feuds with Rock/Henry/Show/ADR and so forth. Really getting hyped for the main events of SS.

I''m waiting for 2k15 for the Hall Of Fame mode where you have to fight everyone in the WWE HoF and for the last match you have to wrestle Bruno Sammartino. The trick is he's OP and reverses all your grapples.

I will fuck Johnny Rodz UP.

Forkball

Terrible flashbacks. You had to make your CAW a "super heavyweight" in order to do anything to him.

Also has anyone broken out of AJ's Black Widow submission? That's gotta be the most effective move in the WWE right now.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't been following too closely but it looks like there are two matches tomorrow featuring divas? One including one of the best wrestlers in the company? What a waste.

Jamie OD

A lot of absent names on that 2k14 roster list. If that's everyone then there is going to be a lot of salty wrestlers as a result because video game royalties are often the richest cheque most of the roster earns on a yearly basis.

No idea how DLC affects royalties. Last year's game had Ryback and Cesaro as DLC and I can see the something similar being done this year.

strobogo

Banned
Terrible flashbacks. You had to make your CAW a "super heavyweight" in order to do anything to him.

Also has anyone broken out of AJ's Black Widow submission? That's gotta be the most effective move in the WWE right now.

Kaitlyn got to the ropes in the last PPV match they had. Has AJ had any title defenses against anyone besides Kaitlyn?

Why does ADR pull his knee pad down...to do a kick? He's not kneeing someone in the face or doing a knee drop. He's kicking someone. With his foot.

Salty at Randy Orton dating JoJo.

"Retro Lesnar"? really? 2004 is retro?

It's almost 10 years. Not any different than retro HHH, Rock, etc. I think it would be better if it were the Wrestlers in their different gimmicks like Biker Taker, The OG Undertaker and current. Hollywood Hogan, 80s Hogan and current. Word Life Cena and current Cena.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh, apparently IGN spoiled 2k's live stream. They took the article down but someone had already copied it and it is now all over the place.

It's just the Road to Wrestlemania roster. The current one will be revealed in 10 minutes.

I was hoping for Owen since the lawsuit ended, but I know fences weren't mended, and it wasn't an 'official' end.

Am I wrong in thinking that people really are making a huge deal about Darren Young coming out? Don't get me wrong, I'm genuinely happy for him and glad that the 'E is handling this much better than I ever anticipated (for now). But like that article on the previous page shows, people are more than willing to latch onto the issue and try to prop it up as something SUPER DUPER important. I'm not in the "non-story" camp like Meltzer, but...I dunno, I don't really know how to articulate myself right now about this, so I hope someone gets what I'm trying to say.

I think it's because I'm getting flashbacks to the whole Persona 4/Kanji thing and how people felt that Atlus "chickened out" regarding his character/shadow's story. People made an equally large fuss about it, and I can't help but think about it again after seeing some of the reactions regarding Darren Young coming out.

Ithil

Was ADR's face turn just so they could have a Mexican babyface in a marquee match at Wrestlemania?

He wasn't over as a heel, so they tried him as a face. They do want a big Latino babyface, and have for a while.

I believe the plan from the beginning was to start him as a heel, give him a big run, and then turn him face so it would mean more. But of course he wasn't over as a heel despite their push, he wasn't over as a face, and he's not over as a heel again. He's just not happening.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Js51pRI.png

I should have gone to SS axxess. I had the day off.

The problem with ADR is that he doesn't really have that Mexican presence like Eddie. Some have it, others don't.

He wasn't over as a heel, so they tried him as a face. They do want a big Latino babyface, and have for a while.

I believe the plan from the beginning was to start him as a heel, give him a big run, and then turn him face so it would mean more. But of course he wasn't over as a heel despite their push, he wasn't over as a face, and he's not over as a heel again. He's just not happening.

They're more likely to bring back the King of The Ring just to have him win it before they reach the conclusion that he just isn't going to work as the big time player they want him to be.

Penguin

It's kind of sad to see now... also even stranger when you think about the fact that he is now a 4 time former world champion

Kofi and Ziggler in the same ring but not fighting each other for the billionth time?
Guys I don't understand what i'm seeing, help me out here.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
It's kind of sad to see now... also even stranger when you think about the fact that he is now a 4 time former world champion

I still say losing that WM27 match with Edge basically killed any momentum the guy had. Not that he had much going in anyway, but I think it could have helped if he won.

strobogo

Banned
Js51pRI.png

I should have gone to SS axxess. I had the day off.

The problem with ADR is that he doesn't really have that Mexican presence like Eddie. Some have it, others don't.

Paige has been doing some squats.

I think ADR is too big. Like, physically big. I don't think most Americans associate Mexicans with tall, lantern jawed movie star looking dudes. When you look at the successful Mexican stars in the US, most of them are smaller and more high flying types. I think when a lot of people see ADR, they think "Spaniard" not "Mexican". Maybe I'm way off and it doesn't even matter, but I feel like that has kind of kept him from being the success WWE wanted and assumed he would be.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GWF is gonna be off the tank in 2k14 with so many new entrances.

Top Bottom