• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

zychi

Banned
NASCAR's popularity has been on a decline ever since WCW Motorsports went under

Speed Network started when NASCAR was popular. Now that it's not, Fox bought the channel and turned it from 24/7 cars to a channel that airs 6 hour long UFC fights which turns jaded wrestling fans into MMA fans. Those former wrestling fans stop watching WWE cause it's not real. WWE loses business and has to bring back washed up wrestlers like The Rock back just to get people to watch.

Vince killed WWE by ending WCW Motorsports.

FUUUUU JBL called Christian a rat on Smackdown

Vince knows!

I'm one of these WWE to MMA fans. LOVE me some UFC, DVR and FF through most of WWE's stuff besides NXT.

The Demon was just another half-baked scheme from Bischoff that fell apart halfway through. I feel bad for Dale Torborg, though. He went from being The MVP, to The Demon, to the Demon, member of The Dark Carnival. I'm sure he's happy doing whatever he's doing now, though.

He's another example of a wrestler who would have had a great run just by ditching their initial gimmick, using their real name and sticking to the standard heel playbook. His name's Torborg, for crying out loud! With all those hard consonants, that's an inherently imposing name.

WatTsu

The Demon was just another half-baked scheme from Bischoff that fell apart halfway through. I feel bad for Dale Torborg, though. He went from being The MVP, to The Demon, to the Demon, member of The Dark Carnival. I'm sure he's happy doing whatever he's doing now, though.

He's another example of a wrestler who would have had a great run just by ditching their initial gimmick, using their real name and sticking to the standard heel playbook. His name's Torborg, for crying out loud! With all those hard consonants, that's an inherently imposing name.

WWE.com did a followup with him, he seems pretty well-adjusted and happy. Works for the White Sox as a strength and conditioning coach, apparently.

tumblr_mrnpe19XS21qhjbxeo1_500.jpg

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
DEER LORD

Daniel Bryan wrestled for the same title last year >_>

this is like Thuganomics Cena never having a title shot before Mania 21 but he did >_>

strobogo

Banned

He would not have had a great run under any name. He was not a good wrestler by any stretch. He did WCW Motorsports stuff before that.

He's not drunk, he's just out of character.

JR out of character has generally meant drunk for years.

He would not have had a great run under any name. He was not a good wrestler by any stretch. He did WCW Motorsports stuff before that.

I meant to say OK run, I don't know why I said great. I saw those matches of his that WWE uploaded, so I know how bad he could get.

I think I got my wires crossed again; I was trying to build up to a "tldr; Ricky Steamboat should have had a heel run as Richard Blood" comment, but I realized that

A) That's the smarkiest thing written in existence

and

B) I can't imagine Steamboat as a heel. It's impossible for me. I seriously can't do it.

so I just clipped that stuff out and let the post go.

JR out of character has generally meant drunk for years.

Yes it has.

Alucard

Banned
Does anyone else think that we may get MEGA swerved tomorrow night and that...Bryan will turn heel by joining McMahon, or Hunter will help him to win in some way?

strobogo

Banned
I felt like Daniel was pretty heelish when he wouldn't give Cena the Fighting Spirit slap because he wasn't a wrestler. The look on his face and his body language after Cena slapped him was very much like he was right before Hell No stuff started. I wouldn't be THAT surprised if he turned heel. I'd rather him turn heel than HHH.

Top Bottom