• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Surprising to see CM Punk suggest the Fandango is secretly a wrestlers' wrestler. Maybe that's why they seem to sort of, kind of be giving him actual matches once in a while? He still does the "leave when he's losing" thing quite often, but I almost kinda dug that match with RKO a few weeks ago because it was something a little different. At the very least, I thought his beatdowns on Jericho during their feud were some of the more convincing ones I'd seen in a while, in terms of the speed and way in which he would move his arms.

strobogo

Banned
Fangdango can go. I'm sure if he was given a match like Irish Street Fight Sandow got with Sheamus, there would be no doubt. He reminds me a lot of Val Venis both as a character and his in ring work. And Val was always a very underrated guy.

I like how they actually explain why the S.H.I.E.L.D target people on NXT. Would it kill them to give Ambrose two seconds of mic time on the main show to tell the audience why they have beef with whoever they're attacking?

Laser frog are you secretly cesaro

ON THE INFLUENCE OF LOU THESZ:

Lou Thesz was a man’s man. He was a real man. He knew what he was doing in the ring. That’s back in the day when they had to have a “shooter” as the champion in case somebody tried to screw them. They had to be able to take care of themselves in the ring. Lou was the best at it. And I think that’s what a wrestlers’ wrestler is – still to this day – somebody that can take care of themself

Fangdango can go. I'm sure if he was given a match like Irish Street Fight Sandow got with Sheamus, there would be no doubt. He reminds me a lot of Val Venis both as a character and his in ring work. And Val was always a very underrated guy.

I never thought he was awful, but after all I heard about how crummy he did in his match w/ Jericho at 'Mania, I wouldn't have guessed he was much more than merely solid. Do you think it was just nerves, being in front of such a big audience? To see Punk suggest that he's going to surprise and show hidden depths of ability actually excites me, though the Fandango character will have to evolve somewhat if they want to make people really take him seriously as any kind of contender.

strobogo

Banned
I thought Jericho/Fandango was easily the second best match at WM, though the card was pretty weak. They didn't really gel for whatever reason, but I always though Fandango had talent on all 800 episodes of NXT he was on.

I thought Jericho/Fandango was easily the second best match at WM, though the card was pretty weak. They didn't really gel for whatever reason, but I always though Fandango had talent on all 800 episodes of NXT he was on.

Curtis/Bateman is one of the best feuds in years

Fandango was botching his head off.

Bloodwake

Fandango was botching his head off.

Yup. The only person who has pulled a good match out of Fandango since he was called up as this character was Randy Orton a few weeks ago.

Again, I haven't seen his work as Johnny Curtis, but the work I have seen was pretty mediocre for the most part.

Ithil

ZMQ78.gif

Sandow is a guy that decided to just live his gimmick. He probably spends as much time in his life as Damien Sandow as he does as Aaron Stevens, by now.

tm24

What the hell, Receatter hate? Receatter is legit one of my top 10 games ever. Where's that hardcore Receatter image? Capitalism HO, bitch!

If you're a true fan, and ACTUALLY enjoy the series, you'll take the extra effort to play it on whatever platform it exists for.

true, but man i don't really have the 500 bucks to blow on an Xbone that i'll use just for DR3

Yeaaaaaah, Recettear owns your face. The most American game in history despite coming from Japa-

I'LL KILL YOU SUNFLOWER *has to be held back by scores of security and police*

First Devitt, Now Recettear! I'm just going to assume you're a communist spy at this rate with the awesome things you despise :p

Recettear is amazing. Such a cool concept. Can't count the amount of hours I've spent playing that game.

I actually just DL'ed this during the sale yesterday after loving the demo. I couldn't help but think during the text scenes "man, sunflower probably hates this shit"

Bo: "You're not even a real demon-possessed redneck cult leader! You're my brother and IRS is our dad! See you at home after our match!"

*Crowd erupts in Husky Harris chants.*

holy shit ughhhhhhhhhhhh

Striker

Let's just hope it's more memorable than Jack Swagger's WHC run.
Or CM Punk's first run. Or Dolph's run (might as well be both). Or Miz's run. Or Sheamus' first run with the WWE title. You can probably say Punk, Sheamus, and Orton's runs in 2011 and 2012 weren't bad, but they were rarely in jeopardy of losing the strap (Orton's loss was by DQ), so.. it seems like there's rarely a great main event feud that's constantly back and forth.

Looking at that crowd is like looking at NPCs walking around in the rain in GTA3. WTF is wrong with Yukes.
Lots of crowds in sports games suck. Madden and NBA 2K's still look like they did seven years ago. Yukes' main problem is getting proper animations together.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell, Receatter hate? Receatter is legit one of my top 10 games ever. Where's that hardcore Receatter image? Capitalism HO, bitch!

uguu~

I actually just DL'ed this during the sale yesterday after loving the demo. I couldn't help but think during the text scenes "man, sunflower probably hates this shit"

I-it's not l-l-like I want you to buy my goods! Baka!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, my gifs! When looking for random Kanyon Cutters, I found that someone put all of those gifs on some other website and it kind of upset me.

I know those people over at /wooo/ frequent our threads. Same with FAN, the place with the ridiculously huge sigs.

strobogo

Banned
The Shitbata match was the only thing on the last NJPW show to keep me entertained. All the matches are technically solid and proficient, but they don't keep my attention.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Shitbata match was the only thing on the last NJPW show to keep me entertained. All the matches are technically solid and proficient, but they don't keep my attention.

You ever check out Nakamura vs Sakuraba at Wrestle Kingdom 7? It might still be my MOTY.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I finally watched the G1 conference
lol grumpy MiSu
lol Naito keeping the trait of looking completely bored when its about other people even though he's a face
lol tanahashi's hair makes him looks like a grandma

and I love that Shinsuke can't keep a straight face sitting next to Yano who can't stop grinning next to the JAV girl. With all those titles in one place, I'm shocked Yano didn't steal all of them and run off.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Silly Twitter with it's #7YearsOfCMPunk going about.

The NXT crowd is jumping the shark guys.

they are doing what chants now :(

Outside of "SUPER DRAGON!", you'll find they don't really have anything to jump for chants. Been that way since FCW, and it's not going to change any time soon.

Now let's all turn our backs on Bo.

I was thinking the other day, if you have a tablet and take it absolutely everywhere....
might as well just go back to using a flip phone. Why have both?

Personally I rather just stick to smart phone/laptop/desktop. I have no room for tablet in my ecosystem.

Same here. I don't see the need for a tablet between a laptop/desktop and a smartphone. If you have all 3, even less.

"This one is for serious work at home, this is for serious work outside the house, this one is for when I'm out and about, and this tablet is for when I'm on the couch watching tv."

It's a luxury item for people with money to spend.

It really depends on what you are doing with a tablet doesn't it? If one uses it for work where one is writing up papers or emails, sharing documents, have quick access to specific applications for when you are travelling or constantly moving between locations, it's a whole lot better with a screen that size with the ease of a keyboard than carrying a laptop around (depending on the work needed of course) and or that small mobile phone screen if needed to let others look at it.

I have two desktops PCs (Windows and Mac), a laptop, a mobile smart phone, and my tablet. These days when I'm visiting a client and I need to go over something it's a whole lot more convenient to me to use that tablet over a laptop. It's lighter, its screen is good resolution, I can quickly do simple edits or add notes for changes/alterations if need be, and of course show it off better since I mainly work in photographs, posters, pamphlets, etc. Why I can even do sketches and preliminary works on tablets these days that's been highly productive for me.
Meanwhile my mobile is used for mobile phoning and looking up quick bits of data for myself. Playing games on it. Listening to music (doubles as my MP3 player) and podcasts. Dictation. Taking simple videos or photographs (not that it replaces my full digital camera for work). Basically things where a tiny little device is just fine, because I'm not going to watch full videos or anything on it. The small size and screen (compared to a tablet) means it's something I put in my pocket, and a back up if I can't use anything else for work.

I have friends who are legal and business workers in which they don't need a laptop, but still want to see legal documents at roughly the same size they would be if printed out, to quickly edit with typing as they move about the day. It's simply easier to look for them.
Meanwhile when they need a break, it's a nice size for watching videos since like me, most of my friends can't stand looking at a tiny little screen to just watch it for 20 or more minutes. They still have their mobile, they still use them for work, but for extended periods it's a lot more comfortable to use a tablet and I'm told it looks more professional.

For most people aye, it's not a needed item or something that will really improve life, but there is definitely a place for them alongside all the other devices for many people in various places of work or school that is working out quite well and will only expand in time. At least until they invent a device that at a reasonable price uses flexible material that can turn something the size of a modern mobile phone (say an iPhone) into something the size of a tablet and back again.

Top Bottom