• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

RBH

I had him in there originally, but the only clip I could find was a half a second clip of "Booker" that sounded awful and didn't fit in very well. He was the one I looked for first and the longest. All of the promos were part of hype packages. I also had Goldberg, but the superstars of Smackdown fit much better.
You should send the video to Maffew to include as a possible botchamania ending.

Hoarr

Neo Member
So... I might just have purchased WCWMondayNitro.com, WCWworldwide.com and WCWThunder.com.

What the hell is the next step!?

DMczaf

https://community.wwe.com/diversity

20130808_LIGHT_BAS_School_C_upperRT.jpg

Yup, that's diversity, WWE. Send your black superstars to the black school.

strobogo

Banned
what I gary bower be I
married got steiner for what what's right for
you
I married Daniel Bryan hike married a superstar's
smack down pipe buried her cool could do
what was right for each and every one of you

The YT translation for the HHH video. Fucking lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So... I might just have purchased WCWMondayNitro.com, WCWworldwide.com and WCWThunder.com.

What the hell is the next step!?

Do like the 24 hour Seinfeld stream - just stream Nitro, Worldwide, and Thunder on each 24/7, repeat loops. Chronologically.

dream

To slightly paraphrase Raven, MMA has shown us how fights are supposed to look and not adhering to how fights actually work makes it difficult to suspend disbelief.

(he was talking about submissions, but I think it applies to stuff like size differences too)

so this other place i talk wrestling at has people arguing weather the "small package" attempt was a botch and what not, and i chimed in that i felt it was a perfect plex attempt that didnt snap off perfectly. I was told that i was wrong and that it was just a sloppy small package so i gif'd the sequence and it made me realize how awesome Bryan is (as if i didnt need another reason to think that) cuz maybe it was *supposed* to be a small package and if so then it looks like he realizes it's not gonna happen before he lands and decides to try a perfect plex instead.

botchedsmallpackage.gif

in case the img doesnt show: https://www.dropbox.com/s/51asv36ejvx9urj/botchedsmallpackage.gif

It's just a botched small package bruh. Neither Bryan or Cena felt like fixing it, so when the ref starts counting they just roll with it.......or not, I guess.

strobogo

Banned
WCW Thunder 6/18/98

Lex and Konnan come to the ring. They might as well be the B team of the Wolfpac. Makes sense for the B show, I guess. I don't even care. Lex is talking about pagers and Hogan and stuff I guess. Stuffs and thangs. This promo make me not feel bad at all for Lex's modern day predicament. A 10 minute Lex Luger promo deserves being a quadripeligic. SUCK IT. I DON'T EVEN GIVE A FUCK.

Recap of the end of Nitro, with specific CSI ZOOM ENHANCE attention given to Hogan and Bischoff trying to destroy Savage's already injured knee.

Mike Enos vs Steve McMichael

MONGO! I can tell it's Smackdown because one of the Beverly Brothers is in the first match. Mike goes after Mongo's arm right away. Mongo has been gone due to an arm injury. Mother fucking strategery up in this bitch. What the fuck, BLACK WCW REF! How interesting. Remember that female ref WWF had in the late 80s? I bet she got sexually harassed everyday. Mongo hits That's Incredible for the win. It wasn't incredible. It wasn't even credible.

Raven and the Flock come to the ring. He's talking about tumors and Saturn and says Reese will win him the US Championship tonight. Raven goes on about the life story between he and Saturn. I kind of feel like WCW kind of redid the Raven/Dreamer angle with everyone Raven feuded with. I'm okay with it. I've said it in these before, but WCW Raven is absolutely the best Raven. He's now done with Saturn. Saturn Borked his heart. This brings Saturn out. Saturn says Raven is the one who let him down. The Flock attack Saturn and hold him for Raven. He breaks free and punches Raven. Raven goes to the floor and turns around into KANYON! BANG! Kanyon and Saturn dismantle the Flock! They stare each other down and Saturn leaves. I really like this angle. Actually, Raven's storylines have been some of my favorite stuff all year. They really captured his ECW character and angles, but streamlined it and made it more palatable to the mainstream. I also really liked Raven's lime green knee pad.

Goldberg hype video. It's just fans chanting GOLDBERG the whole time. They're really trying to get that chant started. Brain is wondering how Goldberg will be able to get Reese up for the Jackhammer, despite having done it at least twice so far.

Brad Armstrong vs Fit Finley

I guess they're just going to stick with spelling his name wrong. Hopefully they give me something, since there is a lot of text with no gifs. They do some chain wrestling. Brad hits a powerslam and Fit begs off. Brad is a vet and doesn't fall for that shit. He falls for it later, thoug. I think Brad is wearing a watch. Brad hits the electric chair. Fit hits the tombstone for the win. Still no gifs. FACK. I'm going to have to get something, so I might be stretching what is gif worthy.

ibcWKBHlvqHEp9.gif

Disco Inferno vs The Giant

Disco went up to the announce table to tell them that he's the new icon. An icon! "Tony, Mike's not a violent man." Probably the few beers I've had, but that made me lol hard. Disco tries to shit talk. He gets hit with a lariattoooo. And then a super kick. I'm not a smoker, but I know not to interrupt a man's cigarrette.

ibsXGum8NGFfdq.gif

TO THE SCHIAVONE
. He brings out Dean Malenko. I don't think I've ever seen Dean without a tucked in shirt. Even in his wrestling gear. The basic gist is that he's going to fucking murder Chris Jericho like his name was Chris Benoit. Wat. Suck it.

Tenzan/Chono vs British Bulldog/Jim Neidhart IWGP Tag Team Championships

Lol. Fuck you. This is even bigger of a waste of Chono/Tenzan than High Voltage. Chono broke up a pin with a NJPW title belt and got disqualified.

TO THE SCHIAVONE.
Rick Rude is the guest. I wish his father, Dick Rude, was the guest. Only because Dick Rude is an amazing wrestling name. Rude had to have been gearing up for a return to the ring around this time. He's done more promo work against Goldberg than anyone. I wonder what a Rude/Goldberg match would have been like.

Alex Wright vs Konnan

Lol. Fuck you again.

Recap of Dennis Rodman on Nitro 2 weeks ago.

Eddie Guerrero vs Chris Benoit Deathmatch

Lol. Because they're both going to be dead in a few years. Get it? :( Benoit gets to an early lead, but takes the Hart bump in the corner and gets dropkicked in the back. Eddie hits a nasty back suplex. Shit. Rope climb rana thing. Benoit comes back with a lariatoo, but Eddie hits a drop kick to the knee and continues to work over the knee. Rolling Reichs! Chris misses the diving headbutt. Eddie misses the frog splash. Eddie goes for a reverse suplex, which is reversed into the Iron Crossface for the win, because Benoit hates Mexicans. Way too short for these two. Chavo comes out and says straight up nonsense. Eddie stops him and walks off.

iovIzQ6W1r2Ot.gif

Public Enemy vs Sick Boy/Riggs

Apparently this is a street fight. I guess PE work on ECW rules like Raven. Probably for the best. PE aren't ver good at straight matches. Rocco Rock can be, but Grunge is pretty terrible with out the plunder. A toilet seat is around Riggs' head. Lol, this is terrible, but not terrible enough to gif much. PE win by putting one of these cunts through stacked tables with the Drive By.

ila0P5e9wv8by.gif

Goldberg vs Reese WCW US Championship

This is a Thunder main event AND a Goldberg match, so you know this isn't going to last very long. Whoreass gets involved with a stop sign. Goldberg fucks him up. Reese hits a stalling vertical suplex. Spear! Jackhammer. Not even that good of a jackhammer to Reese as we've seen before. Bummer. Shows with so few gifs I feel are probably pretty boring to read through.

Aiii

So not worth it
There's no ship to jump, I have everything. I don't know if any of us were keeping this restricted to launch titles. I mean, everyone should wait, seriously, because there's very few benefits for a lot of people to dive in asap.

Unless you're weird like me, and really love that age of discovery when you are one of the people who have - used to feel that with the first Xbox, my Dreamcast, and MMOs in their infancy. Good times.

Sony just sucks brah sorry to give you the FYI MY MANNN

I KNEW IT!

You terrible person. Only the WORST people prefer Microsoft Xbox over Sony PlayStation, which is why America loves it so much and Europe remains ever so vastly superior to your poor excuse of a country.

There should be a GWF Euro faction, we can come out with the EU flag and try to buy stuff from the concession stand with Euro's.

To slightly paraphrase Raven, MMA has shown us how fights are supposed to look and not adhering to how fights actually work makes it difficult to suspend disbelief.

I'm glad I never jumped aboard the MMA train. Apparently it ruins your appreciation of wrestling.

There's a good reason for not adhering to how fights 'actually' work, namely the fact that this is professional wrestling, where the wrestlers compete within the rules & logic of professional wrestling and, unless called for under stipulation, it's a contest, not a fight. I mean, are these dudes fighting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-siSb6kCH4

No. They're wrestling, and it'd be pretty stupid to apply the logic of a real fight to such a contest of wrestling skill.

*edit, incidentally, everyone should watch that match. So awesome.

strobogo

Banned
I had absolutely zero interest in the PS3 and only got involved in this gen when the 360 Arcade came out. I really thought I'd stick with Xbox in the next generation, but now I'm not really interested in the PS4 or Xbone. I was initially interested in the Wii U due to my inherent Nintendo fanboyism, but I'm not interested in that, either. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next gen. I'll probably do what I did this gen and sick with the 360 until major games stop getting made for it, which is more or less what I did for PS2 until 2008ish. I have never been able to get into handhelds, either. My experiences with the DS3DXL made me want to play those games without the 3D (which looked like I had my eyes crossed on everything I played, but I really liked everything else). I've also tested a Vita, which was very sexy, but is really skirting the line of being too big for a portable.

I feel like I'm going to be satisfied for the 360 ports for the next few years. I have a new PC, but the lack of a Gamefly rental system for for PC is discouraging to me. I really don't want to buy many games any more. There are maybe 3 games per year that I actually want to buy. The rest I want to play for a week or two, beat, and send back.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Professional Wrestling vs MMA is always a discussion that falls into the same line as "realistic" as a game/art design vs a game striving to be realistic.

Professional Wrestling to me is that allowance to be silly, to change things up, to do odd stuff not quite possible in real life, to be more fun if you can accept and run with it. It's the Burnouts, the Crazy Taxis, the Need For Speeds, the SEGA All Stars Racing Transformed and Mario Karts.

MMA, or Olympic level martial arts, is that desire to be like real life, the adherence to rules, the satisfaction of knowing something can be done, the highest joy of a true upset, and the dream of "I want to do that" without having to accept it's just fantasy. It's the Gran Turismos, the Driver's Eyes, the Ferrari Virtual Academy, the iDT Racing Simulations, the Richard Burn Rally.

Sometimes a person enjoys one, sometimes they enjoy another, but both can be enjoyed. It's just a matter of not letting the mindset of what one is, how it works, and the laws and rules of logic it follows determine how the other must work. I mean, just imagine if someone demanded WWE Crush Hour actually be a highly realistic racing game?

I'm glad I never jumped aboard the MMA train. Apparently it ruins your appreciation of wrestling.

MMA isn't for everyone, but I do still recommend videos like that of the Gracie brothers (with the occasional Ed O'Neil or CM Punk or Eve Torres) when they go over certain recent MMA matches and talk about moves, executions, and how it worked. It's enlightening of why a Judo compression choke (Anaconda vise) can work so well or how someone can get out of it even if you aren't actually interested in seeing how a UFC competitor got out of it.

Yo, SMH at the indie game bashing earlier. You guys are insane. Aside from them, there's almost zero middle tier budget games being made anymore. The industry needs that market to keep creativity and experimentation alive. When I see people complaining about Sony showing indie games, I have to wonder WTF is going on. Probably the same people who will complain about AAA Game X. It's like, what do you even want? Sony just released one of the best AAA titles ever in The Last of Us, so they turn around and give support to the little guys, many of which could one day grow into a new Naughty Dog, and people complain? These are the titles that will bridge the gap between launch to the blockbuster 1st party stuff next year.

Wrestling fans, GOD.

strobogo

Banned
In regards to the MMA vs pro wrestling debate, never once had my fandom of both been a detriment to either. In fact, I think my 3-4 year excursion into being really into MMA actually reenforced what I've always loved about pro wrestling. I got super into Pride/UFC for a few years, but I've watched all of maybe 3 full MMA shows in 4 years now. I used keep up with the results of top level guys, but I rarely watch matches anymore.

The last full UFC show I watched was Silva vs Sonnen 2. Before that, I think the last show I had watched in full was Machida vs Couture.. I just completely lost all interest in MMA one day. I don't even know why. I just stopping caring at all about it. I think the last 2 years of WWE has had enough good stuff to remind me of what drew me to wrestling as a young kid. I'm not even exaggerating when I say the earliest memory of my life is going to a local toy store as a kid and getting Hulk Hogan and Jim Duggan Hasbro toys. I was no older than 4. The next oldest memory was getting a Bret Hart Hasbro toy, but the circumstances of that were not very pleasant.

There has not been a single moment where my enjoyment and understanding of MMA (and I had a cousin who did MOOEY TIE and jujitsu who tested a lot of his teachings on me for fun) has negatively impacted my life long enjoyment of pro wrestling. As stupid as pro wrestling is, MMA never filled that spot for me. Never once have I thought, "Well, if he would just pull guard or turn that into a kimura/Americana/arm bar/triangle....".

Pro wrestling isn't MMA and if you watch pro wrestling (especially American pro wrestling and even more specifically WWE) and try to apply MMA logic to it, you might as well just stick to MMA. Or watch Pancrase/UWF(I).

From 2008-2011, I skipped out on a lot of the weekly shows. I really don't even remember much of that, but I also had a lot of personal issues during that time period and I don't remember most of the non-wrestling related events during that period. I was ultra depressed and suicidal, had quit my fairly high paying job and spent a lot of that period taking excessive amounts of sleeping pills to self medicate my depression. My main wrestling memory during that period was watching the PPV with the first Championship Scramble matches on a lamp at a Panera Bread near my apartment. The next memory was almost crying at Bret Hart's WWE return and his hug with HBK.

I don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about. My buzz has mostly worn off and I'm just rambling a bunch of nonsense at 4 in the morning.

Kaladin

Yo, SMH at the indie game bashing earlier. You guys are insane. Aside from them, there's almost zero middle tier budget games being made anymore. The industry needs that market to keep creativity and experimentation alive. When I see people complaining about Sony showing indie games, I have to wonder WTF is going on. Probably the same people who will complain about AAA Game X. It's like, what do you even want? Sony just released one of the best AAA titles ever in The Last of Us, so they turn around and give support to the little guys, many of which could one day grow into a new Naughty Dog, and people complain? These are the titles that will bridge the gap between launch to the blockbuster 1st party stuff next year.

Wrestling fans, GOD.

People were bashing indie games? These are usually quality titles for cheaper....and if you get them on Steam sale, dirt cheap. I don't understand wrasslin fans sometimes.

KiNeSiS

Banned

Wrestling fans, GOD.

One of the most sense filled post I have seen in quite some time.
* internet respect dap *

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Wrestling fans, GOD.
I never expected anything from Gamescom. Just like you're a fool if you think TGS will have anything important, but it did show me that Sony's padding out their '40 launch games' with a bunch of indie stuff you can find elsewhere.

Who's going to go out and buy a 400 dollar system to play fucking Rogue Legacy when anyone's computer can do it? They already showed off, what was it, 8 indie games in a short, concise manner at E3. Why spend all this time on them? Indie games are games you buy after you already own the system and want something else to play them on. You do not prop your system up on them. You do not say, 'hey buy this 400 dollar console or this 200 dollar handheld so you can play games that are about 3 hours long, feature a TOTALLY UNIQUE, ORIGINAL, QUIRKY CHIPTUNE SOUNDTRACK, and eat up about 10% of a Gateway from 2005's processing power.'

It's this thing where you can obviously tell everyone's going 'well Minecraft did real well, so let's just push a spot for every indie we can and hope that one of those is as successful as that.' It was a colossal waste of time showing off games that a laptop, a notebook, a tablet can all do. It should have been a 5 minute sizzle reel at best. Not a single one of those games couldn't be done on PS3. It would be fine if they were actually showing ambitious stuff that was done by veterans with a large vision instead of some 'deep, emotionally touching platformer starring this indie 8bit hipster who lost his mother' like saying 'Star Citizen is going to be on our platform.' or 'X Rebirth is going to be on our platform.' Hey man, Rogue Legacy though! That game I can get on Steam for like 1 dollar by the time it's out on PS4. And more indie games that the Vita can rest its laurels on instead of making rich, compelling experiences on the thing other than a new Ys.

Net_Hipster.

Aiii

So not worth it
Indies are a nice extra, I don't see the problem. Plus, this is Gamescom, they're not gonna give megaton titles away on fucking Gamescom. That's what E3 and TGS are for.

Anyways, Smackdown:
A cage is hanging above the ring.

The Smackdown opened with a recap of the main event at SummerSlam and the live crowd exploded with yes chants but booing when Randy Orton cashing was shown. They also recapped the events from Raw as well with the McMahons.

Vickie Guerrero opened the show to a shit load of heat and introduced Randy Orton. He spoke about giving us what we want. It was hard to hear he got a lot of heat. He said that he told us the truth about cashing in his briefcase at SummerSlam. He said he was surprised by what Triple H did, and that he didn't need his help to win. He asked for our support and No! chants broke out. He said he is the face of the WWE.

Daniel Byran interrupted Orton and thanked John Cena for the opportunity at SummerSlam. Bryan said it's time for the face of the WWE to change. Bryan insulted how Orton looks and said he looks pretty. He also called Orton arrogant. Bryan said he had to scratch and suffer while Orton was handed every opportunity.

Bryan challenged Orton for the title by saying I can beat you for that pointing to the title. He challenged Orton for the title tonight, but Orton said it has to wait until Night Of Champions. Orton and Bryan stood face to face and Orton held up the title. Bryan hit and kicked Orton from the ring.

Vickie was show talking and yelling about What Bryan did backstage, and Wade Barrett interrupted. A steel cage match was announced for later in the show

1. Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel (w/Paul Heyman) beat Cody Rhodes. A pretty well wrestled match from both men, but there is a reason this match was on Smackdown. The crowd was pretty quiet for this match. The guy next to me caught me taking notes and told me to pay attention. WWE fans are crazy. A CM Punk chant broke out.

Heyman cut a promo afterward and received a ton of heat. He said he is in pain because of Punk. He moaned about Punk and trashed him, which caused a lot of heat. Heyman said Punk is lost without him. Axel said Punk doesn't deserve a title shot for his title, but he challenged him for the title for this coming Monday on Raw.

2. Dolph Ziggler beat Big E Langston (w/A.J. Lee). Ziggler won by pinfall after a Zig Zag.

3. World Hvt. Champion Alberto Del Rio defeated Christian. Del Rio defeated Christian via submission the arm bar. After the match, Del Rio said something about Latinos, which led to cheers, but he called all of us peasants and said that he wants us to follow the great Alberto Del Rio. Ricardo Rodriguiez came out and trashed Del Rio, and introduced Rob Van Dam. Christian dropkicked Del Rio off the top rope and RVD did a frog splash to end the segment.

4. Big Show and Mark Henry defeated Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre, and Jinder Mahal in a handicap match. Show and Henry won by pinfall after Show hit the WMD.

5. Darren Young defeated Antonio Cesaro.

6. Daniel Bryan defeated Wade Barrett in a cage match. A really good, competitive match with several near falls. And because of Bryan's involvement, this match would have been an awesome pay-per-view match. Afterward, Orton came out and RKO'd Bryan. The crowd booed to end the show.

ecurbj

Indies are a nice extra, I don't see the problem. Plus, this is Gamescom, they're not gonna give megaton titles away on fucking Gamescom. That's what E3 and TGS are for.

Anyways, Smackdown:
A cage is hanging above the ring.

The Smackdown opened with a recap of the main event at SummerSlam and the live crowd exploded with yes chants but booing when Randy Orton cashing was shown. They also recapped the events from Raw as well with the McMahons.

Vickie Guerrero opened the show to a shit load of heat and introduced Randy Orton. He spoke about giving us what we want. It was hard to hear he got a lot of heat. He said that he told us the truth about cashing in his briefcase at SummerSlam. He said he was surprised by what Triple H did, and that he didn't need his help to win. He asked for our support and No! chants broke out. He said he is the face of the WWE.

Daniel Byran interrupted Orton and thanked John Cena for the opportunity at SummerSlam. Bryan said it's time for the face of the WWE to change. Bryan insulted how Orton looks and said he looks pretty. He also called Orton arrogant. Bryan said he had to scratch and suffer while Orton was handed every opportunity.

Bryan challenged Orton for the title by saying I can beat you for that pointing to the title. He challenged Orton for the title tonight, but Orton said it has to wait until Night Of Champions. Orton and Bryan stood face to face and Orton held up the title. Bryan hit and kicked Orton from the ring.

Vickie was show talking and yelling about What Bryan did backstage, and Wade Barrett interrupted. A steel cage match was announced for later in the show

1. Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel (w/Paul Heyman) beat Cody Rhodes. A pretty well wrestled match from both men, but there is a reason this match was on Smackdown. The crowd was pretty quiet for this match. The guy next to me caught me taking notes and told me to pay attention. WWE fans are crazy. A CM Punk chant broke out.

Heyman cut a promo afterward and received a ton of heat. He said he is in pain because of Punk. He moaned about Punk and trashed him, which caused a lot of heat. Heyman said Punk is lost without him. Axel said Punk doesn't deserve a title shot for his title, but he challenged him for the title for this coming Monday on Raw.

2. Dolph Ziggler beat Big E Langston (w/A.J. Lee). Ziggler won by pinfall after a Zig Zag.

3. World Hvt. Champion Alberto Del Rio defeated Christian. Del Rio defeated Christian via submission the arm bar. After the match, Del Rio said something about Latinos, which led to cheers, but he called all of us peasants and said that he wants us to follow the great Alberto Del Rio. Ricardo Rodriguiez came out and trashed Del Rio, and introduced Rob Van Dam. Christian dropkicked Del Rio off the top rope and RVD did a frog splash to end the segment.

4. Big Show and Mark Henry defeated Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre, and Jinder Mahal in a handicap match. Show and Henry won by pinfall after Show hit the WMD.

5. Darren Young defeated Antonio Cesaro.

6. Daniel Bryan defeated Wade Barrett in a cage match. A really good, competitive match with several near falls. And because of Bryan's involvement, this match would have been an awesome pay-per-view match. Afterward, Orton came out and RKO'd Bryan. The crowd booed to end the show.

Meh. Mediocre night at it's finest.
Glad Darren Young is getting that push. Him coming out has helped him.

Sokantish

I never expected anything from Gamescom. Just like you're a fool if you think TGS will have anything important, but it did show me that Sony's padding out their '40 launch games' with a bunch of indie stuff you can find elsewhere.

Who's going to go out and buy a 400 dollar system to play fucking Rogue Legacy when anyone's computer can do it? They already showed off, what was it, 8 indie games in a short, concise manner at E3. Why spend all this time on them? Indie games are games you buy after you already own the system and want something else to play them on. You do not prop your system up on them. You do not say, 'hey buy this 400 dollar console or this 200 dollar handheld so you can play games that are about 3 hours long, feature a TOTALLY UNIQUE, ORIGINAL, QUIRKY CHIPTUNE SOUNDTRACK, and eat up about 10% of a Gateway from 2005's processing power.'

It's this thing where you can obviously tell everyone's going 'well Minecraft did real well, so let's just push a spot for every indie we can and hope that one of those is as successful as that.' It was a colossal waste of time showing off games that a laptop, a notebook, a tablet can all do. It should have been a 5 minute sizzle reel at best. Not a single one of those games couldn't be done on PS3. It would be fine if they were actually showing ambitious stuff that was done by veterans with a large vision instead of some 'deep, emotionally touching platformer starring this indie 8bit hipster who lost his mother' like saying 'Star Citizen is going to be on our platform.' or 'X Rebirth is going to be on our platform.' Hey man, Rogue Legacy though! That game I can get on Steam for like 1 dollar by the time it's out on PS4. And more indie games that the Vita can rest its laurels on instead of making rich, compelling experiences on the thing other than a new Ys.

Net_Hipster.

I think Rogue Legacy is a perfect fit for Vita though, I may not buy it again since I already have it on PC but that game is perfect for handhelds. I don't think the conference was as awful as you're making it out to be. It wasn't that great either, it seemed like pretty much all the indie games they announced will be a timed exclusive.

There's a good reason for not adhering to how fights 'actually' work, namely the fact that this is professional wrestling, where the wrestlers compete within the rules & logic of professional wrestling and, unless called for under stipulation, it's a contest, not a fight. I mean, are these dudes fighting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-siSb6kCH4

No. They're wrestling, and it'd be pretty stupid to apply the logic of a real fight to such a contest of wrestling skill.

*edit, incidentally, everyone should watch that match. So awesome.
Except the rules allow for submission holds. So now instead of pure wrestling we have submission grappling. And the rules also allow for strikes with any part of the body (closed fist is supposed to be banned, but usually isn't), so instead of submission grappling we have actually have mixed martial arts. What constitutes a foul might be different but on paper it hasn't been about pure wrestling for a long time. The big difference is that people didn't used to know what that would look like. Now we do.

Wishing they'd incorporate more of the MMA style in the appropriate places doesn't preclude me from enjoying pro wrestling. I enjoyed Nakumura vs Sakuraba and Punk vs Lesnar more than any other combat matches I've seen all year. When Punk and Lesnar did their MMA sequence did it ruin the match? Would that sequence only have worked in that match and not a Cena vs Bryan match? Bryan already uses an omaplata/crossface hybrid for his finisher. ADR uses a straight armbar. Undertaker uses a gogoplata. Dolph's got a rear naked choke. None of these things ruin pro wrestling storytelling.
In regards to the MMA vs pro wrestling debate, never once had my fandom of both been a detriment to either. In fact, I think my 3-4 year excursion into being really into MMA actually reenforced what I've always loved about pro wrestling. I got super into Pride/UFC for a few years, but I've watched all of maybe 3 full MMA shows in 4 years now. I used keep up with the results of top level guys, but I rarely watch matches anymore.

The last full UFC show I watched was Silva vs Sonnen 2. Before that, I think the last show I had watched in full was Machida vs Couture.. I just completely lost all interest in MMA one day. I don't even know why. I just stopping caring at all about it. I think the last 2 years of WWE has had enough good stuff to remind me of what drew me to wrestling as a young kid. I'm not even exaggerating when I say the earliest memory of my life is going to a local toy store as a kid and getting Hulk Hogan and Jim Duggan Hasbro toys. I was no older than 4. The next oldest memory was getting a Bret Hart Hasbro toy, but the circumstances of that were not very pleasant.
The UFC has no theatricality to it. PRIDE dying has been lessened my enjoyment of MMA every year that passes because there is no spectacle in the UFC. UFC has no idea how to build their stars either. The fights often don't feel like they mean anything. There's a reason Nick Diaz and Chael Sonnen fights do so well, and it's because they get people emotionally invested in the way pro wrestling is so good at.

At the end of the day, I think WWE and UFC could and should learn a lot more from each other than they already have.

I don't see why anyone should buy either console until Titanfall comes out, and then obviously you should buy a One. I'm sure PS4 will eventually have a game that's worth buying a console for too. They just haven't announced one yet.

Kaladin

I was an MMA fan and became bored with it. Some fights can be fun, but the fights that I find fun are fewer and farther between. I like the more technical fights and you need two good technical fighters to have a fight like that. Too often you'd have one guy lay on top of another or something like that and would never get a good exchange out of a fight. I just eventually quit watching around the time Brock left. I went back for the last Silva fight though, wanted to see that asshole get his.

Aiii

So not worth it
MMA does nothing for me. These gifs are all mweh.

If I wanted to watch brawls I'd go to one of the bars full of English military blokes around here instead of watching SummerSlam.

Kaladin

Read the Smackdown spoilers, when did Smackdown become Raw Part 2 again? I think I'll be picking up watching live if they continue this.

Aiii

So not worth it
Read the Smackdown spoilers, when did Smackdown become Raw Part 2 again? I think I'll be picking up watching live if they continue this.

Pretty much around the same time Raw started getting good. It's basically Raw with 20 minute matches again.

Top Bottom