• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't know what I'm going to do with GTA V when the PS4 comes out. I don't have room for a PS3 and 4 hooked up at once.

Buy a switchbox.

I have everything hooked up to everything. I still have a permanent place for the original Xbox, PS2, N64 and SNES in my living room heh.

Sokantish

K...Knack? Really? Eurrrrghhhhhh

I was trying to be nice and at least say one PS4 game. I'm not crazy about Knack, I just think it could be interesting! I didn't really like Infamous 2 that much either, but I'm hoping second son is a way better game than the previous entry.

Penguin

I think enough current gen games, Wii U/3DS releases to keep me busy through the holiday season.

Since neither of the new consoles launches are doing anything for me, and with MS I really want to see how stable their consoles are before investing in them again

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was trying to be nice and at least say one PS4 game. I'm not crazy about Knack, I just think it could be interesting! I didn't really like Infamous 2 that much either, but I'm hoping second son is a way better game than the previous entry.

First Infamous was horrible, the second made big strides. Hopefully this one improves.

Knack looks like absolute dogshit though. I follow Kyoufu on Twitter and it's disgusting. Just disgusting.

jmdajr

My Desktop PC is ok, but that is basically for my photographs and music. I just don't want it to manage games and movies as well. Just something else to take up space.

For gaming PS4 will definitely work for me, serve it's purpose etc. Day 1 just doesn't seem that great.

What I really need is a new phone but I have to pay full price to keep my unlimited data plan. So yeah, holding out as long as I can even though part of my touch screen no longer works.

Sokantish

First Infamous was horrible, the second made big strides. Hopefully this one improves.

Knack looks like absolute dogshit though. I follow Kyoufu on Twitter and it's disgusting. Just disgusting.

Does Kyoufu love Knack or something? The only time I saw something about Knack was with the livestream of e3

Penguin

Does Kyoufu love Knack or something? The only time I saw something about Knack was with the livestream of e3

He does think it looks cool

But we'll have him defend his stance

IS it a launch title? I know Drive Club and think Killzone are, not sure what else (Exclusive wise)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah. It's horrible, part and parcel with the weird "Oh, this guy named Mark Cerny exists? HE IS SO GREAT, NEVER MIND WE DIDNT NOTICE HIM WHEN HE WAS DOING WORK SONY WAAAAA"

Never mind that he looks like a Golden Girls reject.

He does think it looks cool

But we'll have him defend his stance

IS it a launch title? I know Drive Club and think Killzone are, not sure what else (Exclusive wise)

there's nothing to defend, knack looks like trash. It's a shame DriveClub is basically murdered in its sleep - the GT6 talk is the nail in the coffin for the gimped2play version of DriveClub. Why anyone would bother with that game vs GT6...I got nothin.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hey now Sunny. I like Mark Cerny.

And even more: I really really like Mark Cerny's approach to hardware.

Sokantish

Yeah. It's horrible, part and parcel with the weird "Oh, this guy named Mark Cerny exists? HE IS SO GREAT, NEVER MIND WE DIDNT NOTICE HIM WHEN HE WAS DOING WORK SONY WAAAAA"

Never mind that he looks like a Golden Girls reject.

there's nothing to defend, knack looks like trash. It's a shame DriveClub is basically murdered in its sleep - the GT6 talk is the nail in the coffin for the gimped2play version of DriveClub. Why anyone would bother with that game vs GT6...I got nothin.

The Mark Cerny love on NeoGAF is a little weird sometimes, I agree.

I can see why some people would want DriveClub though, they want a racing game on their ps4. GT6 is only on ps3, right?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Mark Cerny love on NeoGAF is a little weird sometimes, I agree.

I can see why some people would want DriveClub though, they want a racing game on their ps4. GT6 is only on ps3, right?

I can't imagine putting an unproven 30fps PS4 title against a 60fps GT6. Very weird scenario.

Kaladin

I just use a PC as my media hub, and then use my phone as a remote for it. Way better than a dumb console!

PC doesn't always get the best streaming quality though like consoles do. I also like that the PS3 is still the best blu-ray player on the market. I don't know if you've ever looked into playing Blu-ray on PC but it's a pain in the ass. Strobogo can tell you that.

jmdajr

]PC doesn't always get the best streaming quality though like consoles do.[/B] I also like that the PS3 is still the best blu-ray player on the market. I don't know if you've ever looked into playing Blu-ray on PC but it's a pain in the ass. Strobogo can tell you that.

I'll tell ya what. Summerslam looked way better on my Xbox app than from the PC. Like infinitely better.

Aiii

So not worth it
Which they promised with the PSP and PS3 and it was only.. half successful.

Yes, which is why it's now build-in the system so it doesn't take any effort for developers anymore.

Not one of them is gonna go: "You know what, lets add a camera feature to the game just so we don't have to support Vita Remote Play lol"

Penguin

Yes, which is why it's now build-in the system so it doesn't take any effort for developers anymore.

Not one of them is gonna go: "You know what, lets add a camera feature to the game just so we don't have to support Vita Remote Play lol"

Well even then some of their wording was shaky... "almost all of the games"... granted, I'm sure there are Move and PSEye based games that won't work.

I'll just wait to see how it works in the real world.

Anyhow, back to wrasslin!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well even then some of their wording was shaky... "almost all of the games"... granted, I'm sure there are Move and PSEye based games that won't work.

You don't get out of this that easily.

did Remote Play improve since E3? The lag time on that was pretty rough.

Aiii

So not worth it

Sony has confirmed all games must support remote play, unless they require the move/PS eye.

Penguin

You don't get out of this that easily.

did Remote Play improve since E3? The lag time on that was pretty rough.

I will say I like Sony as a company

But they have a terrible habit of.. overpromising what they can deliver

What they showed of remote play/control between the Vita and Ps4 yesterday looked fine. But didn't show the transition and of course in ideal situation with the Vita in front of the console.

I want to see how it works with... actual people and their system.

And even then... paying 200 bucks for the feature doesn't seem like a huge benefit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
With that kind of tendency to hyperbolic statements, I'm surprised you don't post on gaming side more. Fit right in.

I didn't like it at all, though. Came out the same time as Prototype. Enjoyed Prototype far more. First Infamous was bad. Some people don't have the same high standardahahsfhgoigfkm

Prototype wasn't amazing but when the two hit, I had far more fun with Prototype than the first Infamous. Sequel fixed a lot of the issues.

Prototype didn't grab me at all, it looked flashy, but felt entirely monotonous after a couple of hours. Infamous had a lot of flaws, but I generally far more enjoyed the experience.

Sokantish

Is there a list of PS4 launch titles somewhere yet? An official list I mean?

All I know I want for sure is Watchdogs.

The list I read was this:

NBA 2K14 (2K)

Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)

Skylanders Swap Force (Activision)

Need for Speed: Rivals (Electronic Arts)

Battlefield 4 (Electronic Arts)

Madden 25 (Electronic Arts)

FIFA 14 (Electronic Arts)

NBA Live 14 (Electronic Arts)

Killzone: Shadow Fall (Sony)

#DRIVECLUB (Sony)

Knack (Sony)

Assassins Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft)

Watch Dogs (Ubisoft)

Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft)

LEGO Marvel Superheroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2013/08/20/sony-playstation-gamescom/2677405/

That's just the disc based list, PSN games aren't listed

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Keep in mind I have 'weird' tastes. My past few GOTYs have been things like Alpha Protocol, FTL, stuff like that. So it's not so weird I didn't enjoy Infamous.

Keep in mind I have 'weird' tastes. My past few GOTYs have been things like Alpha Protocol, FTL, stuff like that. So it's not so weird I didn't enjoy Infamous.

YEAH BUDDY o/ Dickhead playthrough the whole way through

Last year, FTL was probably top 5 for me; top 2 was XCOM and Forza Horizon. Both were incredible.

I'm definitely interested in both next gen consoles, but I just built a new computer last year so that's going to have to wait for a price drop, I think. And for me to sell off the 360/PS3 stuff

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
YEAH BUDDY o/ Dickhead playthrough the whole way through

Last year, FTL was probably top 5 for me; top 2 was XCOM and Forza Horizon. Both were incredible.

I'm definitely interested in both next gen consoles, but I just built a new computer last year so that's going to have to wait for a price drop, I think. And for me to sell off the 360/PS3 stuff

Kinda considering dumping a shitload of 360 games. Not so many PS3 as I went with exclusives for that - and I don't have much fun on my PS3. Horrible controller for games. ;(

I did quad-dip on SFxT which is some shameful shit.

Kinda considering dumping a shitload of 360 games. Not so many PS3 as I went with exclusives for that - and I don't have much fun on my PS3. Horrible controller for games. ;(

I did quad-dip on SFxT which is some shameful shit.

Eh, it depends. I like the 360 controller more, but the Dual Shock is fine.

...YOU'RE A VITA MAN! HUG ME \o/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, it depends. I like the 360 controller more, but the Dual Shock is fine.

...YOU'RE A VITA MAN! HUG ME \o/

Don't miss the Vita sale today, DOA5+ at $10 is worth it. Bought it at $40 and enjoyed it for what it is.

Don't miss the Vita sale today, DOA5+ at $10 is worth it. Bought it at $40 and enjoyed it for what it is.

Already bought Katamari from last week's; getting DOA5+/UMVC3/New Little King's Story soon. In a gamesharing group with a friend too, so the deal is even sweeter :D

Kaladin

You should play it... join the winning side!

I keep telling myself one day, I will play all of the games I have impulse bought on steam sales.

Hell, I've barely scratched the surface of my Steam sale purchases from the summer sale.

I've been in a war on Civ V with Polynesia. Those bastards went to war with me over my expansion, then after I beat them back and they declared peace, they wanted me to go to war against Austria with them. I thought OK, I'll bite...I've got enough forces to spare a few. They sent no one. After backing out of Austria with minimal losses, I'm going to regroup my forces and renew the war with them, and end those bastards.

Mengetsu

One they said Kingdom Hearts 3 I was all in. I like to get things ready ahead of time. Plus ill have COD and Battlefield 4 at launch along with Minecraft. PS4 will be mine.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It sure would be weird and fun for a Civ mod that replicated wrasslin territories of the early 80s.

Kaladin

It sure would be weird and fun for a Civ mod that replicated wrasslin territories of the early 80s.

I'm doing a real world map with Max # of Civs and Max # of city states. I also set random placement of Civs so who knows where everyone is or who all is on the map. I'm playing America and I got stuck in Mexico just before it breaks into South America, so I kinda had to expand north early on, and that's how Polynesia went to war with me. It's going to be a fun and long game. :)

I the past year I have beat.... 3 games.

DMC, Gears of War 3, and Last of Us.

Getting there with Last of Us, it gets better as you go along. I'm just in Jackson at about 60% done.

Top Bottom