• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
No.

This is wrasslin

tumblr_mqfdnmpQbW1so1vqao1_500.jpg
No

This is wrasslin

itGOh8mHL4kZc.gif

jred2k

Goddamn, Strobogo, that last paragraph of that review. Which is more unwatchable, Konnan or on-screen Russo?

I watched the new Mick Foley documentary on Netflix which led me to watch his match with Orton at Backlash. I normally have a strong stomach for violent matches but DAYUM Orton got fucked up in those thumbtacks.

strobogo

Banned
Goddamn, Strobogo, that last paragraph of that review. Which is more unwatchable, Konnan or on-screen Russo?

Konnan 100%. Russo at least would have some kind of ridiculous worked shoot thing to say that was funny or entertaining. Konnan is just the worst. Of all the guys, including Bulldog and Anvil, he's the worst. At least Bulldog and Anvil don't look like they're going to accidentally break someone's neck in every match.

Brinbe

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Did they remove Ohno from the NXT roster? He wasn't in the intro as normal

The intro changes often enough, but I wouldn't take it as a sign of too much importance. They still have him doing signings and matches at house shows (tomorrow in fact).

jred2k

Did they remove Ohno from the NXT roster? He wasn't in the intro as normal

He was told to concentrate on his physique and hasn't/hadn't been putting in the work required. He's been off the last two tapings and was off the NXT house shows for a while, conceivably as punishment. Somedevil posted some stuff about it back in the July thread if you want to look for the articles.

strobogo

Banned
I'm too drunk for wrasslin. I had to type the last half of Nitro with one eye closed. I have to stop doing this. I don't even like being drunk. Or sober. I should sky dive and accidentally not pull the cord. I've thought about it, but sky diving is fucking expensive.

Japanese developers and innovation has always been a hard sell.

lol, what a dumb thing to say.

I never thought he was awful, but after all I heard about how crummy he did in his match w/ Jericho at 'Mania, I wouldn't have guessed he was much more than merely solid. Do you think it was just nerves, being in front of such a big audience? To see Punk suggest that he's going to surprise and show hidden depths of ability actually excites me, though the Fandango character will have to evolve somewhat if they want to make people really take him seriously as any kind of contender.

Probably the same thing that happened to Davey Boy Smith Jr. They heavily restricted his moveset and treated him like a joke for years, which killed his confidence. Same thing happened to Axel, I think, which is why it almost seems like he's getting better with every match he has.

So will we know that racial equality has finally come when a a black singles' wrestler can come out to generic butt rock in WWE? The only one I can think of is Ron Simmons, and he was tag team partners with a white guy.

strobogo

Banned
So will we know that racial equality has finally come when a a black singles' wrestler can come out to generic butt rock in WWE? The only one I can think of is Ron Simmons, and he was tag team partners with a white guy.

All this post does is remind how me that What's Up is among the worst rap songs I've ever heard. The studio version is pretty bad, but the live version is fucking terrible, what with Truth normally being unintelligible, but even worse while dancing and out of breath. I have a love of 80s rap, so I am not unfamiliar with terrible rap songs. What's Up is truly at the top of worst ever for me.

Even by wrestling standards, it is terrible.

All this post does is remind how me that What's Up is among the worst rap songs I've ever heard. The studio version is pretty bad, but the live version is fucking terrible, what with Truth normally being unintelligible, but even worse while dancing and out of breath. I have a love of 80s rap, so I am not unfamiliar with terrible rap songs. What's Up is truly at the top of worst ever for me.

Even by wrestling standards, it is terrible.

There are some themes that I recognize as pretty bad but i can get enjoyment out of, whether for being silly as fuck or straight up cheesy. Somehow What's Up is one of them. I just lower my standards when it comes to wrestling music, i think. As long as it gets me hype for that wrestler or whatever it's alright.

I'm too drunk for wrasslin. I had to type the last half of Nitro with one eye closed. I have to stop doing this. I don't even like being drunk. Or sober. I should sky dive and accidentally not pull the cord. I've thought about it, but sky diving is fucking expensive.

I don't think Hell accepts US dollars, you shouldn't worry about wasting your dough.

Aiii

So not worth it
Somebody should really inform TNA and Spike TV that there's less overlap between MMA fans and pro-wrestling fans than they think there is.

We're about 10 minutes away from Day 2 of the G1;

NJPW, "G1 CLIMAX 23: DAY 2", 2013.08.02
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

01. G1 Climax - Block B: Karl Anderson [2] vs. Shelton Benjamin [2]
02. G1 Climax - Block B: Hiroyoshi Tenzan [0] vs. Yujiro Takahashi [2]
03. G1 Climax - Block B: Yuji Nagata [2] vs. Toru Yano [0]
04. G1 Climax - Block A: Prince Devitt [2] vs. Lance Archer [2]
05. G1 Climax - Block A: Satoshi Kojima [2] vs. Katsuyori Shibata [2]
06. G1 Climax - Block A: Togi Makabe [2] vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr. [0]
07. G1 Climax - Block B: Tetsuya Naito [0] vs. Kota Ibushi [2]
08. G1 Climax - Block B: Shinsuke Nakamura [0] vs. Minoru Suzuki [0]
09. G1 Climax - Block A: Hirooki Goto [0] vs. Kazuchika Okada [0]
10. G1 Climax - Block A: Hiroshi Tanahashi [0] vs. Tomohiro Ishii [0]

Time to start an "Aiii said Japanese games suck" thread.

Somebody should really inform TNA and Spike TV that there's less overlap between MMA fans and pro-wrestling fans than they think there is.

It may not bring in anymore viewers but it will promote Bellator and, in turn, keep Spike happy. And if you don't think that will work, you're in denial. Bellator did much, much better ratings when it directly followed Impact than it is right now.

Anyways, I watched this weeks RoH show for the Forever Hooligans and while the match was great, I found it bizarre that they have champions from the second biggest promotion on the planet, which is currently really hot and yet they didn't make a huge deal out of having them there. In fact, I don't think they even mentioned the IWGP Jr Tag belts, despite the fact that Koslov and Romero were wearing them, which is fucking dumb.

I'm also continually amazed that RoH is owned by a relatively large TV company and yet the production values are so minor league it's embarrassing.

Good first half to the second day of the G1;

Karl Anderson beat Shelton Benjamin with the Gun Stun
Yujiro Takahashi beat Hiroyoshi Tenzan with a moonsault
Yuji Nagata beat Toru Yano with a backdrop driver
Lance Archer beat Prince Devitt with the Blackout
Satoshi Kojima beat Katsuyori Shibata with a lariat

Shibata vs Kojima might just be my favourite match of the G1 yet, what a goddamn slugfest. GIF: http://i.minus.com/ibsyR8HXggl5g7.gif Also, Archer vs Devitt was surprisingly great, even with the Fale interference. Bizarre to hear "Archer" chants from the Korakuen crowd, but I guess Devitt's hated enough to make Suzuki-gun faces in this instance.

Aiii

So not worth it
It may not bring in anymore viewers but it will promote Bellator and, in turn, keep Spike happy. And if you don't think that will work, you're in denial. Bellator did much, much better ratings when it directly followed Impact than it is right now.

Certainly true. The thing is, it decreases interest for TNA. They hype things up and everyone watching gets dissapointed, because they're not debuting a wrestler we want to see. Good for Bellator, bad for TNA.

Related:
Matt Hardy: “Tito Ortiz, HMMM. Interesting. I’m curious to see which direction TNA goes in the future & what they reap from their recent decisions.”

Tommy Dreamer: “WOW In a bad confusing way. 2 good matches w/lame finishes then the REVEAL? TNA actually had a split second of a buzz.way to ruin it #sobad”

Bob Holly: “All this does is promote the fight for Belatore between Tito and Rampage, does NOTHING for TNA, #impactwrestling”

Lance Storm: And the crowd goes Mild #NotAtypo

Holy fuck, Tanahashi/Ishii was incredible. Maybe it's just watching live or whatever but I think it's my favourite match of the year right now, it's right up there with Nakamura/Sak anyway.

Holy fuck, Tanahashi/Ishii was incredible. Maybe it's just watching live or whatever but I think it's my favourite match of the year right now, it's right up there with Nakamura/Sak anyway.

Yeah, it was really, really fucking great, certainly one of the best matches of the year. Tanahashi played his role really well here and Ishii came across as a huge star in the making. Great reaction from the crowd, who were vocally behind Ishii throughout. Best match on today's card, for sure.

My Fave Five from the G1 so far;

1. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Tomohiro Ishii
2. Katsuyori Shibata vs Satoshi Kojima
3. Yuji Nagata vs Minoru Suzuki
4. Hirooki Goto vs Kazuchika Okada
5. Tetsuya Naito vs Kota Ibushi

Kayfabe Commentaries is releasing their YouShoot with Kharma this Tuesday so hopefully that will be somewhat entertaining. I liked the DDP one back in May.

A few weeks later, Russo relives WCW 2000 in the Timeline.

I know I asked this once before but am I the only the KC fan on Wrestle-GAF?

Kaladin

You know, I bet this Bellator partnership was more Spike TV's idea than TNA or Bellator's. Bellator probably doesn't mind it because it increases awareness of their show, but TNA gets saddled with 3 guys who take up screen time and don't wrestle. Now 2/3 of these guys are names, and I think the hope is they will wrestle eventually, but I think as time goes on and probably sometime after the partnership is over, we are going to hear how Spike TV forced it on TNA and their hands were tied.

if6TfJdRQsEp7.gif

this is wrasslin'

Both those headbutts caught me totally off guard, Tanahashi straight up tried to out Ishii...Ishii, and got a BACK headbutt for his troubles. Always apprecaiate your gif work sir.

Also

That la magistral near fall got me completely, if Ishii was going over I thought that would be the way they would do it, instead we got a totally sick screwdriver. Awesome stuff.

strobogo

Banned
I don't think Hell accepts US dollars, you shouldn't worry about wasting your dough.

It's the principle of the thing. It's over $200 per jump. And you have to do 4 or 5 team jumps before you can do a solo one. I mean shit, I could just jump off a building and save my precious moneys. That's a rip off.

Kayfabe Commentaries is releasing their YouShoot with Kharma this Tuesday so hopefully that will be somewhat entertaining. I liked the DDP one back in May.

I hope he has just as bad of a time as I did. Actually, I hope they use my tumblr as a reference point.

Also, lol at Tito being a draw to anything. Dude hasn't been a draw since 2006 at best. Even then, that's pushing it. Lol. He's had ONE win since 2006. I don't remember any of his fights post Shamrock/Chuck besides the draw with Rashad Evans. Fucking Tito Ortiz. Get that shit out of here.

BFIB

Tito Ortiz....in TNA....in 2013. WTF, does TNA really think that MMA fans are going to care to watch these two go at it?

Stro, how'd your PC building go? I'm assuming it went well since you're piledriving my memory banks with your tumblr recaps.

One of my biggest legit markouts of the last five years was when R-Truth re-debuted in WWE and brought What's Up with him from TNA. The song is terrible, the video is shitty, his dancing sucks, his rapping sucks, it's like a perfect storm of wrestling goodness. And the fact that he apparently owned the rights to it personally made it so much better.

jred2k

Is Tito still dating Jenna Jameson? Maybe we'll get a big match between her and Brooke at BFG.

I just hope Spike/Bellator are the ones bankrolling most of Tito's contract and its not part of the reason for the recent releases.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good first half to the second day of the G1;

Karl Anderson beat Shelton Benjamin with the Gun Stun
Yujiro Takahashi beat Hiroyoshi Tenzan with a moonsault
Yuji Nagata beat Toru Yano with a backdrop driver
Lance Archer beat Prince Devitt with the Blackout
Satoshi Kojima beat Katsuyori Shibata with a lariat

Shibata vs Kojima might just be my favourite match of the G1 yet, what a goddamn slugfest. GIF: http://i.minus.com/ibsyR8HXggl5g7.gif Also, Archer vs Devitt was surprisingly great, even with the Fale interference. Bizarre to hear "Archer" chants from the Korakuen crowd, but I guess Devitt's hated enough to make Suzuki-gun faces in this instance.

Wild results so far. Anderson's gonna take it all the way! Believe, baybay!

Ooo interesting. I want to know more about what happened with her, hopefully this gives more info. I love KC.

Is Tito still dating Jenna Jameson? Maybe we'll get a big match between her and Brooke at BFG.

I just hope Spike/Bellator are the ones bankrolling most of Tito's contract and its not part of the reason for the recent releases.

Not after she started sharing photos on Twitter of Tito's medicine cabinet. Hoo boy.

Top Bottom