• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Suzuki lost? :(

I guess if it was to Nagata that's ok. I'm surprised Archer beat Devitt.

Same here, kind of cements the idea that Devitt will not go all the way. And Nagata is doing the "weathered veteran" thing right now that's so awesome. Even though I didn't pay (since I wouldn't be able to keep up) I await every day's results (and Bootaaay's tweets when I take my morning shit before work) and it's exciting.

XenoRaven

Part of me is sad that I didn't get it. I could really use some good wrasslin right now, especially since RAW wasn't that good.

The other part of me knows spending $150 is too damn much.

Edit: Nagata the weathered veteran. Tenzan the withered veteran. Get it???

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Part of me is sad that I didn't get it. I could really use some good wrasslin right now, especially since RAW wasn't that good.

The other part of me knows spending $150 is too damn much.

The $150 doesn't bother me - it's the amount of it that'd "go to waste" - because it would take me AGES to watch it all.

Forgot to update the results;

Karl Anderson beat Shelton Benjamin with the Gun Stun
Yujiro Takahashi beat Hiroyoshi Tenzan with a moonsault
Yuji Nagata beat Toru Yano with a backdrop driver
Lance Archer beat Prince Devitt with the Blackout
Satoshi Kojima beat Katsuyori Shibata with a lariat
Davey Boy Smith Jr. beat Togi Makabe with a sit-out powerbomb
Kota Ibushi beat Tetsuya Naito with a Phoenix Splash
Minoru Suzuki beat Shinsuke Nakamura with a Gotch-style piledriver
Hirooki Goto beat Kazuchika Okada with the Ura Shouten
Tomohiro Ishii beat Hiroshi Tanahashi with a Steiner Screwdriver!

And tomorrow's card;

01. Kota Ibushi
[4]
vs Karl Anderson
[4]
02. Yujiro Takahashi
[4]
vs Shelton Benjamin
[2]
03. Tomohiro Ishii
[2]
vs Prince Devitt
[2]
04. Hiroyoshi Tenzan
[0]
vs Minoru Suzuki
[2]
05. Yuji Nagata
[4]
vs Tetsuya Naito
[0]
06. Kazuchika Okada
[0]
vs Lance Archer
[4]
07. Shinsuke Nakamura
[0]
vs Toru Yano
[0]
08. Hirooki Goto
[2]
vs Satoshi Kojima
[4]
09. Togi Makabe
[2]
vs Katsuyori Shibata
[2]
10. Hiroshi Tanahashi
[0]
vs Davey Boy Smith Jr.
[2]

Looking forward most to Ibushi vs Anderson, Ishii vs Devitt and Goto vs Kojima.

XenoRaven

YES. Suzuki beat that damn nerd. I'm really curious where they're going with Okada and Dorkamura. Are they going to wallow in failure or surge back late in the game and start knocking people off? Dammit I wish I could watch!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And tomorrow's card;

01. Kota Ibushi
[4]
vs Karl Anderson
[4]
02. Yujiro Takahashi
[4]
vs Shelton Benjamin
[2]
03. Tomohiro Ishii
[2]
vs Prince Devitt
[2]
04. Hiroyoshi Tenzan
[0]
vs Minoru Suzuki
[2]
05. Yuji Nagata
[4]
vs Tetsuya Naito
[0]
06. Kazuchika Okada
[0]
vs Lance Archer
[4]
07. Shinsuke Nakamura
[0]
vs Toru Yano
[0]
08. Hirooki Goto
[2]
vs Satoshi Kojima
[4]
09. Togi Makabe
[2]
vs Katsuyori Shibata
[2]
10. Hiroshi Tanahashi
[0]
vs Davey Boy Smith Jr.
[2]

Looking forward most to Ibushi vs Anderson, Ishii vs Devitt and Goto vs Kojima.

My picks:
Anderson over Ibushi
Takahashi over Benjamin
Devitt over Ishii (goddammit)
Suzuki over Tenzan
Naito over Nagata (he has to get a win in here, and I think they could do something with this)
Okada over Archer
Nakamura over Yano (both Okada and Nakamura need a win, really)
Kojima over Goto
Shibata over Makabe
DBS Jr over Tanahashi

strobogo

Banned
Tito Ortiz....in TNA....in 2013. WTF, does TNA really think that MMA fans are going to care to watch these two go at it?

Stro, how'd your PC building go? I'm assuming it went well since you're piledriving my memory banks with your tumblr recaps.

Went fine. It was a little overwhelming once I got everything unboxed and in front of me, but it wasn't that hard to put together. The biggest problem I had was the power supply doesn't properly fit into the case, even though it was a bundle. There is a weird bump which won't allow the power supply to be pushed all the way to the opening, so it is just hanging out in my case. I thought it was weird, but not really a big deal.

I had a harder time setting up speakers properly than the actual building of the PC.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Went fine. It was a little overwhelming once I got everything unboxed and in front of me, but it wasn't that hard to put together. The biggest problem I had was the power supply doesn't properly fit into the case, even though it was a bundle. There is a weird bump which won't allow the power supply to be pushed all the way to the opening, so it is just hanging out in my case. I thought it was weird, but not really a big deal.

I had a harder time setting up speakers properly than the actual building of the PC.

Don't feel too bad. I have a hard drive in my machine in free-fall basically. Fuck it.

For tomorrow, I'm going for;

Anderson over Ibushi - I feel like Karl is going to go either all the way, or almost all the way.
Yujiro over Shelton
Devitt over Ishii - I can't see Devitt losing this, unfortunately.
Suzuki over Tenzan
Nagata over Naito - I think Naito's going to make a late dash for the finish line, after a series of losses early on. This being one of them.
Archer over Okada - they seem to be high on Archer, he's performed well and a win here would set up an Okada vs Archer IWGP title match down the line.
Nakamura over Yano
Goto over Kojima
Shibata over Makabe
Tanahashi over Davey Boy Jr.

Guys something could happen someone could get hurt

I'm front row for a 6 man ladder match tonight

Nice! Who's in it? And, yeah, be careful. I'm not keen on sitting front row for any show where I might get dived on, lol.

Also, I see PCW have LuFusto coming over in October! Should be fun, she's a very underrated women's wrestler.

For tomorrow, I'm going for;

Anderson over Ibushi - I feel like Karl is going to go either all the way, or almost all the way.
Yujiro over Shelton
Devitt over Ishii - I can't see Devitt losing this, unfortunately.
Suzuki over Tenzan
Nagata over Naito - I think Naito's going to make a late dash for the finish line, after a series of losses early on. This being one of them.
Archer over Okada - they seem to be high on Archer, he's performed well and a win here would set up an Okada vs Archer IWGP title match down the line.
Nakamura over Yano
Goto over Kojima
Shibata over Makabe
Tanahashi over Davey Boy Jr.

Nice! Who's in it? And, yeah, be careful. I'm not keen on sitting front row for any show where I might get dived on, lol.

Also, I see PCW have LuFusto coming over in October! Should be fun, she's a very underrated women's wrestler.

Travis, Kirby, Bubblegum, Joey Hayes, CJ banks and dean almark - should be fun but then we have the ironman match to get through

Looking forward to Danny Hope V mad man Manson as well

By the way who was the guy pulling faces behind Tyler Breeze on NXT he ruled

BFIB

Don't feel too bad. I have a hard drive in my machine in free-fall basically. Fuck it.

Power supplies can be a pain. Especially when it comes to cable management. On my new case, the power supply sits on the bottom. It was a dream come true.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bro.

BRO.

Okay, I should have rephrased. I plan to watch the first few shows in one shot and then watch the rest with you guys.

You can always watch it on the cheap via Bootaaay's Twitter feed (he includes gifs as well!) - it's good for people who don't have much time!

I really wish I could keep up. I would have needed to take off work. I'd love to see these damn matches in their entirety.

Sokantish

I'm like a month behind on NXT and just saw the Bo Dallas interview where he was talking about his friend and mentor Bret Hart. I dunno guys, I think I'm a Boliever now. He's so funny, but I don't know if its intentional or not :( Which might make it even funnier!

Anyone have a GIF of the Aries vs AJ sequence?

Also, why did you guys dislike the finish?

I find it clever and works well for Aries and AJ.

Kaladin

That would get into incredibly muddy legal waters, and I'd rather there were less avenues for people to pirate NJPW events when we're lucky to get them offered here period.

I don't know, I feel like it has the chance to help us get the content as much as it does hurt our chances of getting it. I know pirates subbing and releasing anime showed the Japanese studios that there is a fanbase here in the US that would desire more anime than we were getting years ago.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i was wondering if they would ever add in finishers on multiple people

It's a thing that's been in wrestling forever and I don't think it's ever been in a wrestling game before. WAY overdue

Sounds like a gimmick

all the WWE games do now is coast on gimmicks.

So I'm working out and I put on my hell in the cell DVD. My son who only knows this generation of wrestling is watching the mankind undertaker match, needless to say his facial expression is still in ahh Priceless!

Bloodwake

So I am watching TNA from last night...

AJ Styles and Austin Aries was a PHENOMENAL match. Best match on TV this week so far.

UNTIL

That fucking finish sucked so bad. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea? Any finish with double pinfalls with both competitors attempting pins with one hand is lame, especially one after that great match. It was about as anticlimactic as shooting your load early.

Kaladin

That fucking finish sucked so bad. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea? Any finish with double pinfalls with both competitors attempting pins with one hand is lame, especially one after that great match. It was about as anticlimactic as shooting your load early.

They wanted to have a good match with a clean finish and have neither guy look bad coming out of it. That's the best way you can meet those conditions honestly. You can have a finish where one of the two competitors gets a lucky pin, but then that A) makes the guy that got the pin look like a fluke and B) implies a rematch. You don't want either to happen in something like the Bound For Glory series.

It wasn't bad, but the Hogan/Piper stuff is DEATH and it just started.

Since you have seen so many Nitro's recently answer this for me. Did you like the way the show was produced during the 1997-1998 years? I found the frantic pace so much fun compared to today.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
50% off pizza
cant beat it

time to sit and watch G1 day 1

I think the worst part about Bullet Club is that it's so blatantly, twirl mustache heel. It doesn't feel like an actual character. Like, TAKA and Yano are pieces of shit, trash, coward, thieving, scoundrels. But you like them because they're so blatant about it, and the fans cheer them even for it. Well... Some do. Okada's an arrogant, silver spoon type but he's so flashy you want to be him. Shinsuke's a violent psycopath, but he's so ridiculous you wish you could be that way. MiSu and Shibata are heels, but they're just like 'we do whatever the fuck we want because who's gonna stop us.' Taichi is so flamboyant that he captures your eyes even though he's a weird creeepr

Bullet Club is just RAH WERE GAIJINS/WHITE. HEEL HEEL HEEL.

Yano making the announcer say 'His DVD is now available in the shop YANO TORUUUUUUUU'

For those that watch NXT: How is Xavier Woods/Consequences Creed doing?

He's been in their for eons, I am surprised that he hasn't been called to the main roster yet.

They wanted to have a good match with a clean finish and have neither guy look bad coming out of it. That's the best way you can meet those conditions honestly. You can have a finish where one of the two competitors gets a lucky pin, but then that A) makes the guy that got the pin look like a fluke and B) implies a rematch. You don't want either to happen in something like the Bound For Glory series.

There's gotta be a better way than AA visibly pulling AJ's arm over him though

For those that watch NXT: How is Xavier Woods/Consequences Creed doing?

He's been in their for eons, I am surprised that he hasn't been called to the main roster yet.

Pretty good, he's got this 90s gimmick going on and it's pretty entertaining. I've still gotta see the last two episodes but he was over as hell last time i saw him.

I think the worst part about Bullet Club is that it's so blatantly, twirl mustache heel. It doesn't feel like an actual character.

Yeah, it really feels kinda corny, but because it's Japan, because it's representing that US style of match interference and heel shenanigans, it's gaining a ton of heat, so I can't really argue against it. I seriously never expected to hear a Japanese crowd chanting for Lance Freaking Archer like he was the biggest face on the planet, but that's how hated Devitt is, apparently.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it really feels kinda corny, but because it's Japan, because it's representing that US style of match interference and heel shenanigans, it's gaining a ton of heat, so I can't really argue against it. I seriously never expected to hear a Japanese crowd chanting for Lance Freaking Archer like he was the biggest face on the planet, but that's how hated Devitt is, apparently.

Devitt is a piece of trash and you should hate him too.

I'd cheer your precious Hitler over Devitt

no I wouldnt

Bloodwake

There's gotta be a better way than AA visibly pulling AJ's arm over him though

My point exactly. And honesty, it's the Bound for Glory series. It isn't like AJ couldn't get a valuable win over another opponent next week.

Some matches actually make people look awesome even when they lose. For example: Cody Rhodes not winning Money in the Bank. Plus it's not like both AJ and Aries are trying to get over. They are both established guys.

They shouldn't have used the time limit finish for the BFG series already. This is a match that could have benefitted from that type of finish.

Top Bottom