• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

somedevil

Still can't believe they missed Bryan hitting the knee on Rollins. Man its like Daniel Bryan is a one man army but it seems like its building that he will have Ziggler, Show and Henry on his side.

That made Ziggler look even worse. Wouldn't even help Bryan and wouldn't speak up. The heels dont matter because they are heels but basically everybody on stage that was a face looked bad.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight's GWF is NOT fucking around.

I can't keep the fed going...with 2k14 on the horizon. What does that mean? Tune in tonight. See your favorite stars. Will you save the GWF? Or will you finish it?

fNgGI2K.jpg
NAITKl3.jpg
mUINEhP.jpg
O1Bq8Un.jpg
fe1UsBr.jpg
Uscgvv1.jpg
CFP1sHD.jpg
UFxKR19.jpg
dTciuQD.jpg
wnetNXw.jpg
ByjST0i.jpg
xwXv3X1.jpg
6QR00g8.jpg
8Ux5Bpy.jpg
5bpGuDx.jpg
TDaV5XE.jpg

JOIN US TONIGHT RIGHT AFTER RAW

SHIT IS GOING DOWN

http://twitch.tv/Sunnybuns

10:15 Central, be there.

FEEL IT

Big shit happening tonight, setting the stage for the finale of 2.0 until 2k14 comes out~!

Bloodwake

Well, that made every babyface in the company look like they have no balls.

Someone remind me why they think this is a good feud?

Insert accurate Triple H is burying all the talent complaint here.

somedevil

Eventually Bryan has to get even but with HHH involved he will get buried for 16 weeks, get even for 1 week and then go back to midcard. I don't feel good about this angle anymore.

I know Bryan is not going to win at night of champions because he will be screwed out of the title. Also can't wait till the go home show in Toronto.

Kaladin

Again, you're left wondering....how does one fight this? Yeah, there are people who want to help him, but there was never a threat of being fired before....even with the old corporation. They just made your life hell, but never said you're fired if you help.

I think this is where Vince turns actually, when Triple H starts firing people because of this and it becomes bad for business.

That will be a huge pop. If this angle goes right, Triple H will have mega heat by the time the payoff comes around. Mega heat.

Valentus

This is worse than Shamrock vs HBK burying, this is Mankind vs Rock/HHH level of burying.

Bryan get his ass kicked every week, orton kick his ass in NoC, and then what?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Again, you're left wondering....how does one fight this? Yeah, there are people who want to help him, but there was never a threat of being fired before....even with the old corporation. They just made your life hell, but never said you're fired if you help.

I think this is where Vince turns actually, when Triple H starts firing people because of this and it becomes bad for business.

That will be a huge pop. If this angle goes right, Triple H will have mega heat by the time the payoff comes around. Mega heat.

Not that continuity matters much in wrasslin but big slow has an ironclad contract.

strobogo

Banned
This is worse than Shamrock vs HBK burying, this is Mankind vs Rock/HHH level of burying.

Bryan get his ass kicked every week, orton kick his ass in NoC, and then what?

Then Orton kicks his ass the next night on Raw, the next week on Smackdown, at HIAC, at Battleground, almost loses at SS, beats him at TLC, D-Bry wins the Rumble, gets put in a 5 on 1 EC match, pins Orton at WM, then HHH cashes in his COO in the Bank briefcase.

Company Man Punk doesn't stick his neck out for the guys anymore. He forgot where he came from ever since he got that tour bus.

Ziggler could've been made tonight with a run in and 3 super kicks.

I like Heel COO HHH. They are establishing him as a giant asshole pretty well.

Its just a shame Bryan will never be put over by HHH. The whole point of these dominant heel guys is to eventually fall to the good guy but over the last 10 years I cant think of anyone who has come out of the other side of a HHH feud better off.

He is the wet blanket of the WWE.

He will find a way to get out of this story before laying down for anyone. He just needs to hold out until Cena is back.

Joeki11a

Banned
Well, that made every babyface in the company look like they have no balls.

Someone remind me why they think this is a good feud?

Insert accurate Triple H is burying all the talent complaint here.

This is all to push HHH and make him a new Mr McMahon for generations to come

Bloodwake

This is even making Orton look bad.

Triple H basically said he was the WWE Champion and he is just letting Orton hold the belt.

Man, I was so excited when the show was so good this summer. Maybe TNA will get better. I'm not even pissed anymore. I'm just disappointed. Again.

THAT'S the problem! HHH would have mega heat, not Orton (you know, the #1 heel in the company who is WWE champion)

Joeki11a

Banned
CM Punk, Heyman and Axel are obviously currently in another dimension.

I saw 2 of those men leave the Arena...

Your Voice of the Voiceless Heroe was never shown leaving..

He was clearly there acting like superman and saying he dont need medical assistance still all angry threating to take out the Raw GM lol.

Valentus

When was the last time that we hear a megapop / megaheat in the last 3 years?

The only attitude era pop i remember was CM Punk entrance in MITB 2011... And that's it.

HHH is too calm to be the new Vince in this angle. He needs Vince's level of madness and rage if he starts firing people. He wont get the heat this angle needs with that attitude.

Showaddy

Gotta say whoever ends up 'helping' Bryan is going to get so over, HHH is making the faces look like absolute bitches at the moment.

Kaladin

Not that continuity matters much in wrasslin but big slow has an ironclad contract.

This is a main event scene reboot....they have clearly changed what they needed to in order to work their program.

THAT'S the problem! HHH would have mega heat, not Orton (you know, the #1 heel in the company who is WWE champion)

This would never be about whoever the champ was. They were handed the belt and are only a cog in the corporate machine holding Bryan down. That is why 2 Strike Orton is perfect for the role. The company isn't going to really give him the ball any time in the future, why not put him in a short term role like this to give Bryan someone competent to have his matches against?

That heat needs to be built for the talent, not trips. Anyone who feuds with HHH comes out worse for wear. With Punk they had something special and HHH fucked it up, now he is doing it with Bryan.

HHH can only elevate himself, he cannot be in a story unless he is the focus, history proves this to be 100% true.

Joeki11a

Banned
Here is the problem, HHH COO character needs a new theme, call up Motorhead again.

Fans are way into his old theme so they cheer
and get all hyped.

Penguin

I think during the first McMahon-Hemlsley era there was actual threats of being fired

And what they did was band together all the Superstars.. what's the sense of power if you can't actually use it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Db1YBuHiq8

The recap from the Smackdown
Can't find the Raw

I do love wrestling fans

Years and years of complaints about the super faces, who always overcome the odds and beats up the heels.
Now, we get the opposite from Bryan and people complain because... he isn't doing the super face thing.

I like this angle and I am willing to wait and see where it leads.

Im alone in my world according to this thread

I like it and I see what they are doing but I am a realist.

Vince was great at this because eventually he know that after spending month or two being a big bad boss he had to let the talent win out even if it make him look weak. Triple H? not so much.

Also can we talk about the Bellas sort of ruining AJ's promo? That was annoying.

Toki767

Gotta say whoever ends up 'helping' Bryan is going to get so over, HHH is making the faces look like absolute bitches at the moment.

They seem to be setting it up to be Big Show. Because apparently he needs to get over more than everyone else even though he's been around the longest.

Still seems like they're setting up for Bryan/HHH at Mania. Which means I'm guessing Bryan will win the title by Survivor Series and then HHH will screw him out of it at the Royal Rumble.

Bloodwake

CM Punk, Heyman and Axel are obviously currently in another dimension.

A tale of two feuds:

Punk and Heyman are having an amazing long term feud. Punk might get beaten down, but he keeps fighting and ferociously at that. This is textbook how you book a great wrestling feud. It is turning into the most memorable feud in the past several years. Punk even gets one over on Heyman every once in a while. The fans believe Punk is eventually going to get his, no matter how many times Heyman, Axel, and Lesnar kick his ass.

Meanwhile, Daniel Bryan gets beat down week after week by insurmountable odds. There is no light at the end of the tunnel that makes the fans think that Bryan will win at the end. It doesn't help that Bryan has basically walked into a situation screaming TRAP louder than fucking Admiral Ackbar on steroids and gotten his ass kicked. Triple H is different than Heyman because we know that Triple H can just Pedigree someone and knock them out cold even though he is a part time wrestler. Then, we have to drag other babyfaces into the feud and neuter them. Their entire babyface roster outside of Punk looks like the Pussy Brigade now.

The only thing I see happening that makes any sense is Stone Cold coming back for a match at the end of this feud. If he helps Bryan, it just makes Bryan look weak because he couldn't do it himself. that, of course, is only if we get that far down the road. I'd say by Survivor Series the fans will give up on Daniel Bryan and WWE will change their minds and book someone else strong.

Doubt the fans will give up on Bryan? It's already started. Triple H and Orton were getting pretty loud babyface pops throughout the show. When your main antagonists beat your protagonists like dead horses fans are going to cheer them because they are winners. That's why there are bandwagon fans for championship teams in sports. It's also why the NWO angle eventually failed. If the only logical outcome is that the NWO is going to beat up the babyfaces, they first become the babyfaces, and then people stop giving a shit.

This is all to push HHH and make him a new Mr McMahon for generations to come

Maybe so, but they are pushing him instead of establishing new top talent. Triple H is always going to be a credible heel. Daniel Bryan is the flavor of the month unless they do something to establish him as a long term top guy. This feud is doing the opposite.

This is even making Orton look bad.

Triple H basically said he was the WWE Champion and he is just letting Orton hold the belt.

Man, I was so excited when the show was so good this summer. Maybe TNA will get better. I'm not even pissed anymore. I'm just disappointed. Again.
This is what happens when Cena's not around. Now you guys finally understand. Cena makes the product better.

Penguin

They seem to be setting it up to be Big Show. Because apparently he needs to get over more than everyone else even though he's been around the longest.

Still seems like they're setting up for Bryan/HHH at Mania. Which means I'm guessing Bryan will win the title by Survivor Series and then HHH will screw him out of it at the Royal Rumble.

I feel like it will be Show and Ziggler... because also see them doing Show/Henry vs the Shield for Tag Title and Ziggler vs Ambrose for the US title at Night of Champions.. and started the angle last week as well.

I do wonder how/when Punk gets involved with all of this.

El-Suave

The issue of getting fired if you help Bryan is there to set up the glorious face turn/return of lawyer extraordinaire David Otunga.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
they sure wasn't covering up the seeds of Punk selling out and turning corporate

Punk is going to be obsessed at getting revenge on Heyman that he joins Triple H to prove that he doesn't need Heyman to be in the main event of Wrestlemania.

That part about the WWE title belonging to Triple H is a scapegoat as to why they boot Orton for Punk.

Top Bottom