• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

mouserat

Neo Member
The HHH/Orton pops can hardly be a surprise after a kayfabe subverting summer of face/face rivalries. Plus, you will never get sexually repressed women not to pop for Orton. The crowds like Bryan better though so it's fine, it would be a real problem if they didn't.

jmdajr

Randy needs to give the false belief that he's a role model, but then do heel things once he gets mad.

Kind of like King Booker! He's all majestic, regal and stuff, then he goes all ghetto.

Damn, he was good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Give Orton a good 30 lbs of fat and he'll get booed like he's supposed to. American audiences are so fickle.

Penguin

You can keep the situation imbalanced, like it is now, but HHH and Orton need to start engaging in some blatantly bad behavior. Again, Heyman and Axel cuffed Punk to beat the shit out of him on the same show. HHH made Bryan fight the Shield in a gauntlet match (not even handicapped) and didn't let people help him. Bleh.

Have the Shield tie up Bryan to the ropes, beat him down with a chair, and cut a straight heel promo against him while he's tied up.

Right now, HHH's promos are about wanting Orton as champion. Well, people like HHH and like Orton, so that makes sense to them.

Didn't they have Orton RKO him after being beat down by the Shield last week and this week.

And then had him sneak attack him after his cage match on SmackDown..

Granted in recent years... sadly also face behavior.

If (a huge IF) NJPW does get a tv deal for the US, what channel would it be on?

I was thinking G4 had it not been replaced by Esquire. Giving it the Ninja Warrior treatment and all that stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I was thinking G4 had it not been replaced by Esquire. Giving it the Ninja Warrior treatment and all that stuff.

I have no idea as I don't watch traditional TV. I...I have no idea. Make it a Netflix Original Series, duuhuu~

Didn't they have Orton RKO him after being beat down by the Shield last week and this week.

And then had him sneak attack him after his cage match on SmackDown..

Granted in recent years... sadly also face behavior.

If it wasn't for you saying RKO, I'd think you were talking about Sheamus~!

Can I talk about how surprised I am that Ninja Warrior is on NBC now? I know it was last year, but it confuses me. I'm happy, but confused.

Also, where the hell is MXC?! It's the damn originator of this mess! I want that back!

TV deal wise for NJPW? Hmmmmm...No idea, really. No real fit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You show Day 4 of the G1 Climax on a mainstream channel on prime time, you have to wonder how the public would react to that.

Yknow, I'd want to believe people would love it, but realistically, a lot of them would just change the channel. I have to remember we are still enjoying a niche product that will likely forever be niche.

strobogo

Banned
King Booker going full ghetto mid sentence was always amazing. Is he an agent now or something, or do they just use him to stand in the background talking to other black people once in a while?

I think Dolph's attitude probably is why they've seemingly lost faith in him. He shits all over EVERYTHING on Twittah constantly. I mean, people talk about HHH burring people, but Dolph does it for real on Twitter every week. Plus he is trying to do stuff outside of wrestling (stand up comedy), which WWE usually isn't super hot on unless they're sponsoring it. If you watched the 2K panel, you can tell he was really pissed/bummed when talking about not having any kind of big Wrestlemania moment, despite being with the company for close to 10 years now.

He probably shouldn't be quite so open and public about how he thinks his pushes/angles are stupid and how so many of his coworkers suck.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE needs a new policy on social media of all forms. Kayfabe should be enforced. People should tow the line in character 100%. Basically do as Zeb does.

I'm sorta new with NJPW, really started to take interest when Okada got the title but, has NJPW just only do iPPVs? They ever do an actual television show? Again excuse my ignorance for this stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sorta new with NJPW, really started to take interest when Okada got the title but, has NJPW just only iPPVs? They ever do an actual television show? Again excuse my ignorance for this stuff.

tbh I'm not entirely sure. I get a lot of news here from Bootaaay and other fans of NJPW. From what it appears, they do plenty of local shows that don't do much storyline development, and do the big movements and changes on their big shows which are usually iPPVs. Someone can probably set me straight. I've had no problem following NJPW this year, which goes a long way as well.

Who are these people? Why do they look like that? Who's the coke head? This doesn't look like wrestling. This is boring.

I just wanna see Nakamura on my television screens. Honestly he is what's getting me into this stuff.

I want more of that. Someone please give me matches right now. Boma Ye required.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, honestly, everyone - who would be the best subject of a wrestling reality tv series?

For me, hands down it's Vince McMahon. But maybe you have a better idea than I do.

WWE needs a new policy on social media of all forms. Kayfabe should be enforced. People should tow the line in character 100%. Basically do as Zeb does.

Tuaw1.jpg

strobogo

Banned

I kind of agree. Or they should have character ones and personal ones. It's so weird that they do tweet both in and out of character on the same accounts and sometimes right after each other. Especially since WWE regularly uses Twitter for angles, but a tweet before or after the angle one could be about how much fun X has working with X.

Imagine someone like Michael C. Hall or Bryan Cranston sometimes tweeting as Dexter or Walt.

Anth0ny

The problem right now isn't whether they're beating Bryan too hard or making the odds too insurmountable.

It's that last night's crowd saw the angle as Face Legend + Face Megastar v. Face Underdog.

The crowd is popping for Triple H, and even Orton is getting initial applause.

On top of that, the heel behavior is too subtle. On the same show with Punk getting handcuffed and beaten by Heyman, you have two guys the crowd generally likes teaming up and bullying another guy the crowd generally likes.

Exactly. The fans are too dumb for this kind of stuff. Start making fun of sports teams or something.

I'm currently rewatching the Invasion stuff and if they did anything right with that whole angle, they made the audience HATE Austin, as much as they wanted to love and cheer him. He was a total dick to EVERYONE, beat the shit out of Lita, whipped Taz with a belt... I know Orton and Hunter are capable dudes, They're in such a great position to make people hate them but it feels like they just aren't trying at all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
and I'll be real and say it, I would like to see a reality show about John Cena. His workload and time spent in and out of the WWE is barely touched upon in Total Divas, but I'd love to see HOW he does it all, and how he feels, unfiltered, through it all.

strobogo

Banned
SSlam1992Kamala.gif

WWE did a gif that doesn't look like they did it on the lowest settings of Gifcam. They did a whole set for Summerslams, but all of them are so short that they might as well not have bothered. How are they so bad at gifs? All of those NERDS that work for WWE.com and they can't figure out how to make more than 2 seconds of gif and actually show what they're making a gif of?

I've always wondered how the watermark thing works. Do they keep all the raw footage and just have an overlay for whatever gets put out? My mind couldn't handle all the old footage with the new logo and when I stopped to actually think about it, I realized I had no idea how they did it or how video production works.

So, honestly, everyone - who would be the best subject of a wrestling reality tv series?

For me, hands down it's Vince McMahon. But maybe you have a better idea than I do.

Konnan.

The latinos don't have a hero to cheer for. The Mexy-cans don't have a champion. My communty, mi comunidad (spanish for community) needs someone to look up to and I don't think Alberto Del Rio or recent upstart, RVD, are up to the task.

jred2k

and I'll be real and say it, I would like to see a reality show about John Cena. His workload and time spent in and out of the WWE is barely touched upon in Total Divas, but I'd love to see HOW he does it all, and how he feels, unfiltered, through it all.

If Cena did a show it would probably be 75% about granting wishes. The other 25% would be him doing shit because the kids and their families inspire him to appreciate life.

tm24

They do? I have unblockus, I need to look into that...is it in HD by any crazy long shot?
hahaha, lucha in hd. You're funny Sunflower

The latinos don't have a hero to cheer for. The Mexy-cans don't have a champion. My communty, mi comunidad (spanish for community) needs someone to look up to and I don't think Alberto Del Rio or recent upstart, RVD, are up to the task.

This offends me.

Also, there is some dude in Mexico right now wrestling as Alberto Dos Rios. Lucha is pretty great sometime

Mr. Sam

The John Cena Experience mainly covers Cena's day-to-day life. I was hoping for matches but nope. Joke's on me. Still, was only a fiver.

jmdajr

God damn, Jim Neidhart has problems.... video
Deadspin.com has posted an article questioning the odd behavior of Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart at this weekend's Legends of Wrestling event in Miami, FL. The article notes the following, and you can check out footage of Neidhart in the player below:

It's unclear what Neidhart had gotten into that night—he was arrested in 2010 for possessing 55.6 grams of Oxycontin and 17.4 grams of methadone, a portion of which he stole from his neighbor, and is an ex-wrestler—but he is pretty tweaked and has a hard time doing anything but spasm and sway. He sounds like a chain-smoking machine gun when he talks.

hahaha, lucha in hd. You're funny Sunflower

This offends me.

Also, there is some dude in Mexico right now wrestling as Alberto Dos Rios. Lucha is pretty great sometime
Alberto Del Rio vs. Konnan for the World Heavyweight Title and the hearts and minds of the Latinos is like a dream match for me, a sueño match.

You're such a cunt.

i2z1kGL1kA0vX.gif

itQdoPoAgrdrB.gif
Thanks for making it clear how little you know about the art of lucha, vato.

Wrestling is a dance, a baile, between two partners, it's a two-way street, carnal. Am I to assume that you also loathe Super Calo and Juventud Guerrera?

Maybe you should make yourself useful and re-post Konnan's nWo initiation from your recaps for all of us to enjoy, disfrutar, gringo.

Kaladin

I think this got lost in the Raw Madness, but WWE is releasing a Raw 20th Anniversary box set that will be a 12 Disc DVD and 10 Disc blu-ray set and contain up to 20 complete episodes of Monday Night Raw. It will be a Greatest Episodes set. I am hyped. How much would you pay for this? I would easily drop a $100 on a set like this and I will def be buying this to hopefully get us one step closer to season sets.

jmdajr

I think this got lost in the Raw Madness, but WWE is releasing a Raw 20th Anniversary box set that will be a 12 Disc DVD and 10 Disc blu-ray set and contain up to 20 complete episodes of Monday Night Raw. It will be a Greatest Episodes set. I am hyped. How much would you pay for this? I would easily drop a $100 on a set like this and I will def be buying this to hopefully get us one step closer to season sets.

Sucks they did nothing past season 1&2

Top Bottom